1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun & Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Sep 15, 2021.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

What's everyone's opinion on these 2 playing together.

I'm worried about them defensively.
    But very keen to see them play together in attack.

Hoping our starting five continues to work on their 3pt shooting. Spacing is looking like a slight issue.

2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

In a basketball game, the team that scores more wins

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

which proves getting more stops also helps winning.

I’m excited for all these young guys. Both the two bigs mentioned can get blocks. Sengun isn’t as fast laterally but he so far looks crafty and engaged on the defensive end. Run these kids!

don grahamleone, Dobbizzle and Ramo$e like this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wood is trade bait, we will see what Sengun ends up being. Likely a bench guy.

2 of Chet, Paulo, Bates and Wendy, that's your future front court.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kept hearing that Sengun was not going to be able to play defense immediately. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw in the summer league. I realize that the competition in the NBA will be much better, but there are some guys who can't even play defense at the summer league level. I don't think Sengun is going to be a stopper or anything, but I am not worried about him at all.

Caesar, Aruba77, bballjunkie and 15 others like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Give me two too 5 picks in the next draft. A top 15 the next year. Max out a free agent the following year and then see what happens.

vince likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It will be glorious. Sengun=Prime Gasol Wood=Budget AD

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Wood is old. 25

c1utchfan925 and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think they are a great pair tbh. wood doesn't like posting up that much and sengun provides the sort of rim protection that wood can't.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

This is the frontcourt combination i'm really looking forward to. Wood's finesse game paired with sengun's physical play should be a problem for the league.

eyhab27 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd rather see Brad Miller and Wood. :D

don grahamleone and wlekfjv923n like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Offense-wise, both are skillful big men, can shoot the ball pretty well, look to pass while necessary (al p specially good at passing w/o doubt), also both got no ego problem to involve in heavy PnR commitment;
    Unfortunately, both Wood n Al P might have fatal weaknesses on defensive end op hinted.

Wood (c/pf) - soooooo skinny, ez to get bullied in the post when tries to defend on bulkier big men, also struggles to absorb contact or gain post position for key orbn/drbn.

Sungen (c/pf) - A little undersized (closer to 6-9 than to 6-10) and lacks great length with a 7-foot wingspan, small for a center.
    Lack of athleticism and length, get off the ground well but a little bit slow to explode, these make him hardly competitive while playing the pf position.

Both (wood-pf, Al P-c)- players' defensive rebound might be a little bit shaky, could hardly protect the rim well in the clutch; when guard smaller player, Wood n Al P's quickness is negated, esp average lateral quickness hurts them on defense…makes them ineffective as perimeter defender to complete to the next level of games…that means can't hardly compete in switch everything games which is quite prevailing in nowadays bball.

Solution: obviously all talent right there, it's a big test on silas rather than those kids, to jell them well in practices, during games make right n timely decisions to tweak the rotation, let theis, tate, garuba, or even kmj to support more.

#13 DeBeards, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

70 wins?

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS 1000 TIMES

I trust these 2, just not sure if Silas can do it, he got to show me something first...
    These 2 can definitely play together, perhaps not in NBA finals where every little thing can be exploited

arabrocket and DeBeards like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

‍♂️ while

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe more like

external-content.duckduckgo-1.gif

Believe It! and hakeem94 like this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

After all, it's the first opportunity he got work as a legit head coach…if we admit that we could hardly expect more from from him n players last season due to all kinds of reasons, no excuse this year, it's time for him to bring some real things on to the table.
    as we all know, usually a rookie head coach takes years to grow during which many ups n downs n handling different rebuilding teams before coming to know the ropes, look at doc rivers, Steve Kerr n many others.
    The best chances are Silas makes no differences, i.e. he got a long way to go, h-town his first stop.

…half glass full, it takes time, but at least, we got uncut gems already.
    Yo know wht, 1.5 month ago, I thought the best scenario, Al P, a Mehmet Our kinda player, but his summer league games made my jaw dropping…19yr old?! omg; but not just him, now we almost got all necessary rebuilding blocks we need, as yo expect we are looking for the next Rick Adelman.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pretty obvious. If the Rockets really saw Wood as being a core piece they would have approached him about extending his deal for at least another two years. They will use him as a major asset this coming deadline.