1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So KJ asked dream to sign a photo of the dunk he did on him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bolajuwon, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Bolajuwon

Bolajuwon Member

I was listening to road trippin podcast and robert horry was the guest, Rob said KJ had the nerve to come in the locker room and ask dream to sign a photo of kj dunking over him, Rob said dream looked up at him and told him dont you ever disrespect me like that. lol

anyway here is the podcast I timed it up at the 22 min mark, enjoy.. I am interested in hearing the feedback on this, I never knew this did any of u guys ever hear this story?

the dunk by kj over dream

Patience, mikol13, DeBeards and 4 others like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean getting dream's signature is as close to a ring he'll ever get.

however i'm happy that kayjay got a short acting career after retirement

[​IMG]

HROZ, DeBeards, Emtenndo and 14 others like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Dream should have decked him when he asked.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He should have signed it

With Johnson’s blood

[​IMG]
    #NightmareDream

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

if I were dream I would have signed it, but wrote something pithy like, keep trying young fella and you'll be a champion like me one day. But also probably good he didn't, given the kind of unsavory character KJ turned out to be...

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream should have written - enjoy it, it's all you will ever have

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lucky he asked Muslim version of Hakeem.

If it was still Akeem - KJ would have left with a few lumps!

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Jefferson shouldn't talk.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Kevin Johnson was always a prick. That said, you've got to admit that was a pretty badass dunk, going right at Dream like that. Pinning him with a 5th foul, too?

Dream didn't look silly on that play, though, like KJ did on this one. You know Hakeem put in a little extra effort here because it was KJ:

Mr.Scary, liveguy, Patience and 11 others like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I always liked KJ and honestly, it takes huge balls to ask Dream to sign that photo. KJ was a hell of a player in his peak days. He seems to have been lost in time. Nobody talks about him anymore. But he was a hell of a player.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We had a chance to get KJ to play with us when Barkley was here. He would have replaced Maloney and Dream nixed the idea because of the bad blood. Dreams pride made him great but made the team worse in some respects.

don grahamleone and Nelly like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Doubt that is true at all. And KJ was a class act, don’t know how anyone can have a bad word to say about him. That he even dared to ask was bad ass, though kind of silly at the same time. Kenny also mentioned Dream said he told KJ after the dunk “good one but never do that again” (paraphrasing). That dunk is definitely one of the most iconic posters of that era, maybe even ever, especially given it was a true dunk over one of the greatest, in the playoffs, for someone not known for dunking at all.

13. alethios

alethios Member

He did a stint as Sacramento mayor too if I'm not mistaken.

14. conquistador#11

update on the game?

mikol13 and juanm34 like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

He served two 4-year terms, but was dogged by multiple allegations of sex with high school girls, one of whom he allegedly paid off with nearly a quarter of a million bucks.

Astrodome and DeBeards like this.
  16. alethios

alethios Member

Lol, I do remember that! Probably why he wants The Dream's autograph so he can sell it to pay his legal fees.

DeBeards and topfive like this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

KJ started an afterschool academy in his hometown of Sacremento in 1989, which still exists today and serves a couple thousand kids yearly(wiki).

One girl, who was 16 at the time and staying with him while he was a player, alleged that he had showered naked with her. I think he sort of admitted to showering with her in a taped conversation with police on the line, but denied any physical contact (which I don't believe there was). He was never charged.

Apparently there was another allegation while he was mayor and a media **** storm followed. I don't know all the details, but again there was an investigation and again he wasn't charged.

Did he do something? Most likely. He did shower with an underage chick. Of course, and I'm not saying this makes it alright, he was in his early twenties at the time.

None of that changes the fact that he was a great player though. Or that he has done a **** ton of good for a lot of people.

UTSA2step likes this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how does that work, exactly?

19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Very carefully?

I don't know. He should thank AC Green though.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Keep listening to that interview and you'll get to hear more Rockets-related stuff. They go on to talk about Yao, how good he was and his knowledge of basketball history, Horry's favorite ring, Horry tearing into the Phoenix players and KJ when he was there because they were soft, how much he liked Stephen Silas' dad, Paul, and Paul was about the only guy that stopped him from choking somebody (lol), etc. Lot of interesting tidbits. I'm gonna have to listen to this more later. Thanks for posting.