1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season will be a lot better than you are expecting...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Sep 13, 2021.

?

Can we win the division?

1. Yes...

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No... Deshaun Watson is needed

34 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah. I’m not expecting more than 3-4 wins, and we just got one of them. I think it’s going to be tough for a team full of old veterans to stay healthy all year. We’ll see...

Rudyc281 and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  2. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Tf you mad at me for? I thought we was boyz?

3. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Is that Dominic? :eek:

Highlyrated likes this.
  4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Yea, Lol

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I knew a thread like this would pop up after that game.

Look, we're still going to be terrible this year. But if we can pull anything from Sunday, it's that Culley might not be as bad a coach as we thought he would be. And he will certainly be better than BOB.

I think that's something we can definitely build on.

Full disclosure: I had to google Culley to figure out how to spell his last name.

vinsensual, ROXRAN, Nook and 4 others like this.
  6. conquistador#11

They might win more games than the 5-7 predicted. Willis still better be available at 15th.
    There was a private quarterbacks coach that said Tyrod can be as good as Mahomes and Watson.
    What bothered me about the Tyrod signing was his age and that he was always getting hurt. It just seemed like a bridge gap for another future bridge gap. But I'm liking what I saw from Kelly's offense. Last season it took all the way to the Lions game for the team to start using pick plays .
    Guess how many pick plays in week 1 this season?
    [​IMG]

6! 2 ended up in TDs and one could have been another TD if not for the o.p.i.
    They even ran screens I know Bobrek always called for those in every game thread.

The Real Shady and Uprising like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

When did they run RB screens? I don't recall seeing any. The 3 passes that Johnson caught were all beyond the LOS.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Man, y'all are so bipolar.. The Texans will win 6 to 8 games this season. Don't get your hopes up kiddo.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We’re going to have the same record as last season when we had a franchise qb :rolleyes:

BamBam likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We went 4-12 last season and that was a sht show. Like there is literally no point even trying for the division title just to get ass blasted in playoffs.

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. kgw

kgw Member

This is a team of mostly veteran players playing fundamental football. That should be good enough to be mediocre, but
    not good enough to compete with the top teams in the league.

HTXSportsAddict and thedude077 like this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Using the 1st Win Ever Vs Cowboys analogy might be lazy. Would think this current Texans team is better than an expansion team. Just after a better than expected start, that team got badly crushed the following game, and then they "were who we THOUGHT they were". Anything over 4 wins is gravy

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Losing for draft picks doesn’t assure anything either. How many years have teams like the Lions, Jets, WFT, etc…have played for High picks only to still be outside of real contention. It takes coaching, player evaluation, veterans and young player mixtures, and smart decisions. How many top 5 drafted QBs have won a Super Bowl in the last 20 years? Player development is more important than where someone is drafted.

15. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

LMAO

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ehh....better than expected? yes. How many wins? Unsure,the health of the older vets that form the bandaid on this team will determine that.....
    Better season than last year is possible, but we're not going anywhere with this team. I'll keep watching as long as it's entertaining. Last season, it was flat out boring. Bob's offense...or lack there of....

17. Nook

Nook Member

I lost $250 on the Texans game.....

I am sure I will make it up over the course of the next 16 weeks when the Texans lose.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to admit that based on Culley's pre, during and post-game interactions with players I like him i n f i n i t e l y better than Bill Obrien. He is genuine and understands how to adapt and how to tailor his communication to rookies, vets, etc. Bill O'brien had a one-size-fits-all I-dont-know-what-happened-but-we-will-fix-mistakes deer-in-the-headlights this-is-my-locker-room approach to player morale, in-game adjustments, trades, etc.

The bar is incredibly low though. But for a lame duck season, it's just nice to know there could be a future without BOB.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I won money on it, but I’m still on the hook for the under. And I’m confident with that decision...

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I see the vision that

Cal
    Caserio
    Easterby

Have for this franchise and we are headed in the right direction no doubt about it.

People can make all the jokes and rightfully so about mostly Cal and Jack but Jack was brought on to really change the culture and morale of this team…never to be a personal person…and while it’s been rough at first which all change is…I think we can all agree that this team has a way better feel and camaraderie then they have in a very long time.

It’s not going to equate to winning right away or over night…but we are headed in the right direction especially with Caserio really running the show now.