1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S. General Mark Milley guilty of treason?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not ignoring the posts. The fact is that trump didnt attack china in 4 years. Colluding with china behind the presidents back isnt something I ever want happening. Not now, not then. Screw china.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The US having open channels with foreign militaries to make sure accidental conflict doesn't start isn't colliding buddy.

You are trying to frame this as Miley being a secret CCP agent doing work in the best interests of China and not the US.

Many who worked inside the White House and the Joint Chiefs of staffs claimed how unhinged Trump was in his final months in office. Miley reassuring that the US government is stable and in control after our god damn Capitol building was raised due to our president claiming our democracy has ended to the Chinese isn't colliding with China. It's reassuring world powers that our country is still in control to prevent international accidents that might lead to escalation.

3. fchowd0311

Ya well we can disagree with someone who was right before. Or is that not possible?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Saying "I will let yall know if we are going to bomb you" is toeing the line. Good talk tonight buddy. We will see how this plays out. You made your point that you are fine with his actions. I still have questions.

5. fchowd0311

You have insincere questions. You know very well Bailey isn't some CCP agent. You can believe it was a wrong move but you are trying to apply fake motive. At least be sincere and acknowledge it wasn't because he was colluding against the best interests of the US.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Guy deserves a ****ing medal.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You seem to think this was about providing aid to China at our expense, as opposed to reducing the chances of a needless military conflict between two nuclear-armed superpowers that makes everyone worse off.

I don’t get the relevance of Trump not attacking China in 4 years. If China carried out what it considered to be a preemptive strike, you don’t think Trump would respond militarily?

ROCKSS and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, treason implies he sold out for personal or family gain. We already know the US was hacked hardcore during the elections. Trump was causing unforced openings left and right, daring foreign nations to act.

There's a better case against the dude who kinda-not-kinda incited a riot by fanning flames from his personal rally preceding it.

Oh well. Derp state gonna derp.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. durvasa

Isn’t it obvious that he’s saying this to prevent China from rashly carrying out a preemptive strike? The chances Trump would actually order the military to bomb China as a first strike was probably low, and even if he did so I’d like to think there’s a good chance the military would defy him. This was purely about preventing China from striking first.

ElPigto likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why?

11. dobro1229

This is some autocratic bs right here. Milley’s oath is to the constitution and he serves the American people. Not the cleric supreme leader.

A joint chiefs defying an illegal order in order to prevent an unnecessary war and saving countless American lives is an act of bravery. Defying the chain of command in order to uphold the law and our constitution is American.

I hope I mean I really hope the Republicans put him under oath to testify about this. I’m sure it will go really well for Trump.

Your view of how our government officials especially in the military are supposed to act is shocking. This isn’t North Korea dude.

12. durvasa

Wait, did Trump actually order a strike? My understanding is China was getting anxious due to military exercises we were conducting near them, and there was risk of them launching a preemptive strike, and so the JCoS decided it was prudent to convince their military commander that the US military is not going to attack them.

13. Invisible Fan

If it is against some statute or regulation, he should still be court martialed. But it's still our right to complain about his final outcome.

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. dobro1229

Of course. I’ll be clear here that it should at the minimum be investigated, but boy… do Republicans and Trump supporters NOT want that testimony public. It’s obvious the man clearly was doing what he felt was right because of the dangerous state of mind of Trump and his closest advisors who were trying to overturn Democracy in real time.

I would pay money to hear that testimony, and also its not at all clear that you can be charged with a crime if you refuse an illegal order or if your intent is simply being expressed that in the event of an illegal order you would disobey. His call to the Chinese official in court could very well be seen by the jury as his intention to express that he will not act on an illegal order… something that a jury might not believe is illegal to do in his role.

Also all of the witnesses in this court Martial scenario were the men in the room who said “yes sir.” You would be putting on trial ALOT of the top brass of the military. Not a great look for the Republicans and Trump if this did happen.

Did Milley act out of the chain of command here…it certainly looks like it. Is it a crime… I think he’s got a good case (Milley that is). Would Republicans be smart to push for this? Hell no.

Andre0087 and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Which is why they'll push more to complain about the whiff of impropriety and make a symbol out of it in their echosphere rather than going through and prosecuting it.

16. dobro1229

The way I read it was China was expressing that they were on high alert and with our troops in the region a communication failure could be catastrophic. I take it that Milley was mostly concerned about them opening fire on US warships in the region if there was any sudden move hinted. I’m guessing Milley has the gulf of Tonkin in the back of his mind given the era he comes from.

durvasa likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Exactly.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I find it interesting that suddenly you quote Vindman...

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Milley is not in the chain of command.

If he attempted to enter the chain of command, that is unambiguous treason.

20. dobro1229

Okay… put him under oath in front of Congress during prime time to testify about why he did what he did.

Court Martial him and 15 of the other top brass at the pentagon who went along with him and have them explain to the jury why they did what they did and then let’s read that transcript afterwards.

I’m sure your hunt for a scalp here will serve your party of Trump well.

fchowd0311 likes this.