1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ShamesBomb: John Wall on his way to leave…?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Sep 14, 2021.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sure, what’s a measly 44 mil? He can make that up in Kryptoncurrency.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least, initially. EG needs to show the league what he's got, and it gives KPjr a stable veteran beside him...who plays both ends. Eventually, EG gets dealt, but until then I see him as being, in some ways the perfect guy to help groom our young backcourt. It took a lot for him to make it back through the injuries, accepting a role when he still had All Star talent...Turned him into the "Consummate Pro" minus the griping about calls/"injuries" at the deadline.

Shark44 and saleem like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

You are not getting Simmons for Wall. As bad as Simmons stocks are he is still a top 20 player. A perineal defensive player of the year candidate

amaru likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

right, no team knows what agents know.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Let’s go!!!!!!!!

DeBeards likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Right. The Rockets COULD get Simmons in a convoluted 3-4 team deal but the Rockets would be giving up quite a few HUGE assets to do that.

Also, if you choose to believe McMahon (who is friendly with TF), the Rockets don't view Simmons as a special player and are not interested in moving assets to get him.

DeBeards, amaru and Y2JT like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Did not think this would work but it went through in the trade machine:

Houston receives:
    Harrison Barnes
    Marvin Bagley III
    Tristan Thompson

Sacramento receives:
    Ben Simmons
    John Wall

Philadelphia receives:
    Eric Gordon
    Buddy Hield
    2023 1st from Houston via Milwaukee
    2024 1st from Sacramento
    2026 1st from Sacramento

Why, Houston, why do it? They get out of both Gordon and Wall's contract in one single transaction. They get a solid vet to anchor the young kids in Barnes, a big man to be the enforcer in Thompson and Bagley gets thrown in as a reclamation project. This also saves Fertitta and Houston a ton of money.

Why, Sac-town, why do it? They get Simmons, someone I'm sure Ranadive wouldn't mind paying due to his star power. You can play small ball with Holmes at the 5, Simmons at the 4 with Hailburton, Fox and Mitchell filling out the rest of the lineup. They weren't going to go anywhere with Hield so why not swing for the fences? Sacramento takes a flyer on Wall to be their 6th man and uses the 1st round pick they get from Houston to send to Philadelphia. The Kings can afford to pay Wall his salary if it means getting into the playoffs, even if it's a play-in seed.

Why, Philly, why do it? Hield is the kind of player Morey thirsts for and I don't think they can do any better in terms of incoming players for Ben Simmons. Hield is great from 3 and would slot in as their starting shooting guard with ease. This trade also solidifies their bench by moving Curry to the 6th man role and adding Gordon in for additional firepower. The picks speak for themselves.

If you think this is a ludicrous trade it's all good. I'm just posting it because I was shocked it worked under the cap. lol

what say you @Nook? lol

Deckard, jchu14, bumbum09 and 7 others like this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don't give up any of the rookies and any of our future 1st round picks. A buyout is the only way out.

#149 saleem, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    DeBeards likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Wait a second???? I though that Stone wasn't trying to win trades? I am so confused...

amaru likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't see how anyone could dislike this, doubt Stone gives up anything good and I think Wall could be great for any of the contending teams... Yeah the contract is the problem but Stone will figure it out... Stone and the front office showing why they are amongst the best in the league.

rockets1995 likes this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Start EG at center.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I would do it if I were the Rockets but I don't think that the other teams would.... although it is more realistic than the other deals I have seen. Moving Wall is going to be very hard.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

96 million rotting on the bench

I’ll eat my shorts if we’re able to trade him this season without getting ass fcked by whoever takes him (looking at OKC).

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder what Pat Riley has to offer. Is he going to S&T Oladipo back to us? lol

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Respect to you John. Real character

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Wait, we didn’t win the Harden trade?? I’m thrilled so far. Stone continues to handle things well.

We could have been stuck with Simmons. Instead we already have a blue chip pick and a potential future star. BKN didn’t get out of the 2nd round with an injured Harden.

Round 1 goes to Houston, convincingly.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Probably is what Houston prefers to do but Wall and his agent are pushing to get him out of there sooner. This isn't a "mutual" thing so much as Wall is going to continue to make Houston uncomfortable until they trade him. Wall's agent is Rich Paul who is supposed to be a "power broker" for player empowerment since he is Lebron's pal but he is also being sued for breach of contract by Nerlens Noel and probably is in need of some image rehab based on that so who the **** knows what is going to happen here but one thing is for sure, Houston isn't pushing for a lopsided trade - they just don't want to pay for someone to take Wall of our hands.

saleem and DeBeards like this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What does Mia Khalifa have to say about this!?!?

20. jb86

jb86 Member

You never know my guy. This league is crazy.