1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Fantasy Footy 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 30, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

@Astrodome
    Were you trying and unable to get in this league? If so and would like to take over my team, I am in 16 other leagues and would be happy to let you take over this one. If it makes a difference, my team has the following Dak, Kelce, Aaron Jones, ARob, Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase, Antonio Brown, Damien Harris, Jerry Jeudy, Rojo, Michael Carter, and Trey Lance and my IDPs are pretty decent too. I suspect its pretty easy to transfer the team if you are interested.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate it but I will just try again next year. For some reason I thought this thread was about the yahoo clutchfans league and we drafted so I just wasn't paying attention to this thread and missed out. You have a nice team. I have 10 teams so I won't be short of action on Sundays. Thank you for the offer and good luck!

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

No worries, man. We kept a team open for you to manage whenever you are ready. The auto-draft ended up pretty decent -- IDPs are a bit sketchy, but overall not bad at all. Look out for the e-mail and add yourself as manager when you like, and I will delete myself.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

I did thanks, let’s see what happens…. THANKS!!!

5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

anyone have insider access for the weekly hate/love list... i hate you gotta pay for that now

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How come my linebackers have more tackles than fantasy points, that doesn't make sense? Yall changing **** on me? Only way to beat me is change the rules.

7. fadeaway

Assisted tackles are 0.5. Maybe that's why.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think so. Something strange is going on, but if it affects everyone I guess it doesn't matter. But, had I known, I would have lowered the value on IDP needs across the board.

Anyways, I have like 200pts already and am better'n all of yall either way.

9. fadeaway

It is functioning normally. Let's look at your player Blake Martinez for instance. He had 9 total tackles, of which 6 were solo.

6 x 1 = 6
    3 x 0.5 = 1.5

Total = 7.5

Link to box score:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326320

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do the rest of my IDPs too.

11. fadeaway

No, you can do it. If you have a legitimate inquiry, then bring it forward with a specific example, but I think you are just trolling now at this point.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Here is an example that doesn't compute for me. I am both serious & trolling.

[​IMG]

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I think Ziggy's right. There is a correction needed. NFL.com has Del'Shawn Phillips at 2 tackles + 7 assists, so his score should be 5.5.

Honestly our system probably overvalues "assisted tackles" as a stat, compared to guys who accumulate sacks, INTs, etc. We end up starting crappy practice squad guys who happen to play MLB like this over actual difference makers.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Of course I am right. I am ALWAYS right. :cool:

It seems like assisted tackles are ignored?

And I agree, although I personally do enjoy the added importance of IDP's in this league, I could live with diminished value. However, that is something I would have liked to have known going into the season, because I valued and drafted LB's accordingly.

15. fadeaway

Solo are 1 and assisted are 0.5. It has been this way for our 20+ year league history. There is no need to change it.

TT is a meaningless stat. You have to dig deeper to solo and assisted.

Also, both your examples cited are on the player stat correction list for week 1, which may account for any discrepancy listed.

16. fadeaway

Lol, okay I can see there actually is a problem after all, but it is with the scoring from last year! Looking at the old league, Rook had scoring for tackles set at 1 point per Total Tackle (not solo) and 0.5 points per assisted tackle, so assisted tackle points were double counted. That means that last year assisted tackles were actually worth 1.5 and solo 1, which makes no sense and is obviously a mistake.

It's an easy error to make when setting up a league, so I can't be too hard on Rook, but I am surprised it went unnoticed.

17. fadeaway

Also, if you ever want to confirm how a player's score is tabulated, you can click on his name, then the fantasy score for the week and it will give a detailed breakdown of the compiled stats and associated fantasy points.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think I was in the league last year. If I was I would have caught it. :cool: But I figured I would be nice and give yall a chance to win for once.

Anyways, if I look at my linebackers, none of it makes sense to me.

Joe Schobert 6TT - 4pts
    Zach Cunningham 7TT - 6pts
    Etc...

I think the current system is counting T=1 and AT=0

19. fadeaway

(edit) one sec

#59 fadeaway, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  20. fadeaway

Ziggy likes this.