1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Comedian?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Louis CK
    Chapelle
    Peatrice O'neal
    Galifianakis

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Currently mine are
    Christopher Titus
    Mike Epps
    Dan Cummings
    Maria Bamford
    Ali Saddiq

All Time
    Pryor
    Murphy
    Rock
    Bruce (Lenny)
    Hedberg
    Wright

3. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

The bible. Everything said is the truth!

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Been listening to a lot of Dustin Nickerson lately...very funny guy...

Xerobull likes this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

I feel like all the best comedy bits now are on a podcast? It's been awhile since i've been to a comedy club.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Memes. Even Chris Rock drops luzly memes. Seinfeld rolling over in his grave.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jim Gaffigan has made me laugh so hard I've had to stop the video because I was gagging. PG-13 humor with very little cursing, very accessible observational humor, very self depreciating. Went and saw him in Sugarland a few weeks ago. Funny dude.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Never heard of this guy. Good stuff

boomboom likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Next show I'm seeing is Ronny Chieng, he's got some good stuff.

Best show I've ever been to was Dave Chappelle at Red Rocks. He surprised everyone with an opening act of Donnell Rawlings, Michael Che, and a 5 song set from John Mayer. After the great show, Dave and Mayer just smoked weed and shot the **** on stage for an hour.

Worst show I've ever seen was Pete Davidson. Material was fine/good, but it was less than 2 weeks after Ariana dumped him. He was super combative with the audience. Hecklers are lame but the guy lost it on stage. I've never been in a more uncomfortable performance of any kind in my life. We were legit concerned for his well-being. He basically told everyone to **** themselves and almost walked off the stage before being calmed down.

A lot of comedy is on podcasts now but its more improv oriented. There's still good standup at good comedy clubs (local and national). Before covid I would probably go to a comedy club once a month.

Gaffigan is an all-timer. Very approachable and family friendly without being dumbed down. You don't even notice because his material is good. I know he has gotten a lot of people into standup comedy for the first time, myself included. My taste expanded substantially over the last 15 years, but no denying he is/was a huge influence on a lot of fans and comedians.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sebastian Maniscalco is great. He’s got a few specials on Netflix all worth watching.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Another guy that doesn’t get mentioned as much is jimmy car. I love the dirty British humor all the way back to watching Benny hill when I was a kid.