1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 7, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's a wrap the division title is ours!

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watson was your franchise QB and a generational talent. he should have been in the room even if he was in disagreement with some of the hires. At least he would felt like his opinion mattered. Isnt this what Aaron Rodgers wanted to get traded for too? I don't think making Watson a part of the process should have been a big deal. Plus BOB was all Watson knew, of course he was going to have some affinity toward him.

it doesn't matter now..

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

As the qb, u honestly don't want to b the one talking sht about your hc no matter how sht he is. U think Watson liked Bob even when he got rid of Hopkins for Jack sht. All in all the franchise is in this shtty position bv the front office is incompetent.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't in the room because he was out of the country on vacation. Also, the fact that he's a complete moron who backed BOB to the very end suggests he's not someone that should be making ANY personnel decisions.

They allowed him to say his piece and they decided to let better football minds make the choices.

It was the right decision even if it caused the simple minded sexual predator to show who he really is by throwing a temper tantrum

whag00 and King1 like this.
  5. conquistador#11

He could be one of those QBs that finds his renaissance in his early 30s.
    They only face 5 defenses that make it miserable on the qb.

Cooks is still so underappreciated. He can go anywhere and grab you 1,200 yds and 1 concussion.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Mac Jones is gonna end up being good isn’t he lol

7. Fantasma Negro

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Felt good about this one, made money on it, but it’s going to be hard for them to stay healthy all season, and most of the games the rest of the way aren’t against Jacksonville. Still, a really nice day!

And whoever said this earlier pretty much nailed it. Perfect description of this team...

“This team is such a weird bucket of spare parts.”

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The price for Chandler Jones just went up .. wow.

gfab-babyboi and Fantasma Negro like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

there’s plenty of ways to not be critical while not also being overly positive as DW was at every opportunity. He either really liked Bill … or really liked the idea of the upcoming contract he was about to get (that’s probably it).

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

It makes him grittier

DreamShook and Hank McDowell like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

I invited him.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

First place in the division, Brian. First place.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Aaron Rodgers was upset when they drafted his replacement despite putting in mvp seasons right then and the fact that they needed help elsewhere in early rounds. He also was well into his contract, and already had mvps and a ring under his belt. Was he upset about the LeFleur hire/process? I hadn’t heard that.

enough facts have come out now that we know there was A LOT more going on. Most likely DW wanted out of Houston to distance himself from the shitstorm he created and nothing to do with the coaching hire or process. It’s the only logical explanation considering how rah rah he was about Houston and their **** staff for years, that there were rumors he wanted out well before formal hiring processes were underway, the strong and consistent push by someone to scapegoat Easterby (hey… we don’t hear about him anymore, shocker!! /eyerolls).

the only thing that doesn’t make a ton of sense is why the Texans didn’t trade him VERY early on… cause I’d suspect at least someone had some knowledge of what was coming also … just like DW himself did. It’s possible it never reached high enough in then organization OR by the time a trade would have been done it was too close to the lawsuits coming out and they knew it’d be a shot show of repercussions, etc (I’m not sure what a team has to legally discuss about this knowledge.. aka a seller disclosure when selling a house ..)

just my two cents.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree with you but you do the same **** in the Astros forum. Look in the mirror time. You can't talk ****

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Well, I don’t care that you don’t care, which cancels out your not caring. Double negatives and all that mess.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because I want others to feel my frustration towards this shitty franchise.

This win is meaningless.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Watson was just being politically correct when praising O'Brien. I forgot the timeline but if he was praising O'Brien before the mega extension from the Texans, you can see why he would be motivated to not trash the GM/coach of the team.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kinda funny u shtting on Watson for backing BoB when u r one of the biggest BoB fanbois.

red5rocket likes this.
  20. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member