1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ADA compliant seating / StubHub

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Sep 12, 2021.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

So last week lifted two tickets from StubHub for an upcoming concert and upon receiving them in my TM account I discovered they are ADA tickets. I emailed StubHub - their "community chat" is a pain in the ass - and they came back to me claiming that the ADA Act allows disabled patrons to sell their tickets to non-disabled personnel. To quote: " An individual with a disability who has a ticket for an accessible seat may transfer it to anyone, including someone who does not have a disability. Venues cannot require that accessible seats only be transferred to someone with a disability." However, they do agree that the seller should have disclosed, and they dont know if this person is actually disabled. But they cannot ask.

So they are offering me the option to get my money back (sold out show, so that sucks) or just take the tickets as the facility would be required to provide me and my wife comfortable folding chairs in that area as I am not in a wheelchair. Seats are like 17th row aisle, oversized to accommodate wheelchairs. I feel sorta bad about taking that area away from those who need it, but the law is the law I guess....

Thoughts?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Take your money back. Don't take seats away from the people who really need it. That's ****ed up. Not their fault

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Maybe the disabled person really needed the money instead.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  5. King1

Well if that's the case then obviously no issue.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. So which is it?

7. King1

I honestly skimmed the post. The latter. He's ok.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If you can get other tickets I guess go for that, otherwise just take the seats you have. My buddy accidentally got ADA seats one time and a dude in a wheelchair came and swapped him with much better seats.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Contact StubHub and tell them that's not good enough and (using your stern voice) tell them you want them to replace those tickets with 2 that aren't ADA.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Lol. I've never done this but I've always told people to just walk with a limp. Simpsons stealing from me again!

RKREBORN likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

You are old enough for them to steal from...

12. PhiSlammaJamma

If they sit you on an ADA toilet it will likely be 2 inches higher than you average toilet, and you will never go back to normal seating.

...And if you ever want to get to the front of a line where people have been waiting for a day or even hours, bring some cheap crutches, you will go straight to the front and bypass the fools. No more not getting your tickets.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I have taken a family member that's disabled, and since it's not limited to just wheelchairs, ie no clear visible issue to others they really can't ask you at the venue/at purchase like they mentioned. The chairs are also usually already there. Personally since you/the venue etc can't technically verify if the person is disabled (and even if you could I don't think I would/anyone should per ADA..) - I'd hope the person was actually disabled and you're helping them out with making some money, I've also noticed when buying ADA tickets for this family member up to 2020 before covid the bots aren't buying those, so you are probably buying them from someone with a real disability.

I'm just saying this because we've been able to take them to shows that were sold out near instant and even a week later the ADA tickets were still available for them to purchase. If it's a show you really want to go to... I'd probably go, but I just wouldn't buy ADA tickets outright from a venue unless my family member is going because I think that's shitty - ie like someone using their wheelchair placard if they're not with you. Honestly if they are with me but not getting out of the car I'll park in the back to avoid taking a spot from someone else that really needs it. Anyway... Tldr, I would go based on my experiences taking someone, especially since you didn't actively buy them directly from the venue/seek them out to take advantage.

mateo likes this.