1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT and OU Reaching Out to Join SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MadMax, Jul 21, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

Ziggy likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Sometimes it feels like anybody on this bbs can say "ut sux lawl" and you'll show up cursing and spitting.

Haters gonna hate. Dummies gonna dumb. Perhaps some thicker skin is in order is all I'm saying.

HTXSportsAddict and Ziggy like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ALSO.

The BIG 12 and ACC and BIG10 and PAC12 are making a scheduling ALLIANCEEEEEEE. How can Big 12 schedule the SEC. The HUMANITY. Lulz.

"Scheduling alliance". What does it even matter?

4. DonnyMost

The Big 12 was left out of "the alliance".

I guess they will just have to roll Horde.

KEK

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Left out? Ouch.

6. Buck Turgidson

Like the Aggies and the CFP

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah. I'm completely fine with it, even though Ohio State only played like 3 reg season games. We couldn't beat Clemson or Alabama, so be it.

8. Landry's Tooth

I can't speak for others but i was responding to the delusional comments about the Big12 dying off without their 6th best program right now...

Oklahoma is where the damage was... UT is riding along in their backseat...

They added 4 quality programs. It's a league that's going to have parity and quality programs; just no elite ones yet...

They have a shot at overtaking the pac12 eventually... Stanford is really their only blue blood that's consistent... Oregon isn't something a Baylor or TCU or OkState can't be equivalent of...

The basketball side of the conference will be outstanding, i think passing up the acc and big east... not in brands but in quality of play and programs...

9. Landry's Tooth

Did you just compare Notre Dame to UT?

Was Notre Dame winning 6 to 8 games a year consistently?

10. Buck Turgidson

UT is the most profitable athletic program in the country, and has been for years.

Compare them to who you want, and if you can't figure out why the SEC would want them, and vice-versa, that's on you.

HTXSportsAddict and Brando2101 like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

So UT makes money and gives it to the big 12?

I understand tv ratings and merchandise licensing. Those get split up so much the extra UT money is not as much as you think...

The funny thing is those 2 things both drop when you go decades being irrelevant...

They can't win in the big12 with all that special treatment. You're thinking more people will watch and buy merchandise when UT wins less in the SEC?

But thank you for agreeing with me it's only about cash and has nothing to do with putting together a winning program...

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Are you 12 or severely brain damaged?

Buck Turgidson and Ziggy like this.
  13. DonnyMost

He's not just 12... He's BIG 12!

14. Landry's Tooth

Neither... kind of strange you're claiming UT is one of the better programs. I guess all those losses are just my imagination... a lower ranked SEC team didn't just blow them out yesterday... right?

I do question your own mental faculties given those were the only 2 scenarios formed in your mind...

15. Buck Turgidson

See, now this is how you talk CFB smack!

HTXSportsAddict and Brando2101 like this.
  16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The “I know you are but what am I” defense. So yea, I guess you’re just 12. Tell me more about the new big 12 is going to pass the pac 12. Please go into detail. I’ll hang up and listen.

17. Buck Turgidson

#677 Buck Turgidson, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Brando2101 likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

You're comparing conferences with 1 historic program (Stanford) and one with none... i think usc is arguably one too but they aren't as consistent... Oregon came out of nowhere for success similar to Baylor...

It just takes time... they have a lot of teams trending in the right direction...

I didn't say it would happen as you are seemingly believing i said. There's a difference between could and would...

Thank you for you lack of commitment to a viewpoint though... easier to attack people for their opinions when you lack one yourself...

19. Landry's Tooth

Why are you talking about UH and why do you bring up things other than football?

I bet you're a cowboys fan talking about how championships a few decades ago mean you'll win now...

Just a tip, straw man arguments are silly because you're arguing against someone who doesn't exist... i guess you choose your battles...

20. Buck Turgidson

I assumed, by your posts, that you were a UH grad, if not I apologize to UH.

Outside of that I don't really care what you're saying, you're tired and boring and don't seem to bring anything entertaining to the bbs. Best of luck to you.

Brando2101 likes this.