1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’s played the same exact way for the last 3-4 years. And he’s gotten worse every one of them. It’s nothing different when it comes to the empty numbers he puts up. I’ve been saying the same thing about westbrick for years now. He continues to prove me right. This will be no different

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There’s no keeping him in check. If he’s not injured during the playoffs and not playing, they are drawing dead

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is he shooting 25% yet?

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He's never played with a talented big like AD along with a franchise with excellence as its standard. Hard to teach old dog new tricks but I think Westbrook will adjust even if its not a perfect fit. Remember Ron Artest? He wasn't a perfect fit but he did just enough to help the Lakers win a title in the first year.

Think about Rondo he had glaring weaknesses too but he did just enough in the playoffs to help the Lakers win a ring.

Great players are competitive and they want to win a title. The Lakers have a history. Russ will adjust even if his numbers/impact takes a hit.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

^ Following up on my post, heck even Dwight was on his best behavior when he returned to help the team win a title. There's something about playing for the city of LA and its passionate hardcore fans for a great franchise like the Lakers. You feel on top of the world when you're part of a championship squad in the city of LA ,the love they receive and the praise and glory you get is unmatched. The players give better than their best for a chance to win a ring in a place like this. Russ and Lebron will have tense moments but that's just basketball. Eventually it should work out even if its not a match made in heaven.

6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I think its just that they want to live in los angeles cause they like the weather, beaches, and malibu lifestyle.

Fans in LA aren't any more passionate than midwest and northeast fans. Heck Milwaukee deer district was more impressive than anything I've ever seen from Lakers fans.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

You should watch the Lakers summer league games this week. Then come back and tell us.

8. Jalen Green OnlyFan

You're giving the fans way too much credit. The northeast and midwest fans are much more obsessive about their sports. If the Lakers aren't good, the locals can just focus on other things Los Angeles has to offer. Huge bandwagon and coastal elitism culture over there.

The truth is athletes just want to live by the beach in a celebrity filled big market with nice weather.

Nook and Slyonebluejay like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is a fan thinking, yeah, that is true that some players want to be by the beach the entire time but during the season you are constantly in the gym and in the arenas, or some airplane, busses, hotel rooms.

You can chill at the beach when you retire with the riches.

It does not really matter where you are basically, Minny is supposed to be very cold.

10. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Miami, New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles get a disproportionate amount of star free agents compared to the rest of the league these days - not a coincidence

Kawhi left a championship team just to lose while living in So-Cal.

Where your home is during the season matters to these guys. Believe it or not, they are not always in the gym.

Mathloom likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hawhi can have a house in Maui if he wants.

12. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Of course

13. Major

Major Member

There's a reason places like Utah and Minnesota never are appealing free agent destinations though - no matter how good they are - and places like LA always attract players, no matter how bad they are.

Nook likes this.
  14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Still better than Schroeder lol. Rockets gambled and thought CP3 would continue his decline after we traded him for WB and lost the gamble. I don't think the Lakers are going to suffer the same fate here lol. I mean.. its very possible they don't make it to the finals or win a chip, but I also don't think they're going to accommodate for WB (or Melo) like we did drastically. WB will need to accommodate for LeBron/AD.

Kevooooo likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

That remains to be seen. At least with Schroeder he doesn’t bring a big fuss with him nor is he dramatic. Westbrick still comes with his ego and all

16. psaman17

psaman17 Member

This is gonna be a train wreck. I'll be tuning in with popcorns ready.

slothy420, Nook, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  17. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

He will have games where they talk about him in the mvp race. They will win some games no doubt. But when it comes to winning and fit it just isn’t going to work imo

Nook and YOLO like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. HardenVolumeOne

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-survey?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Look, I'm trying to give LeBron the benefit of the doubt on this," a Western Conference scout said. "But given what they could've done, I don't see that fit working out over the course of the season. I'm a huge Westbrook fan. I just don't like the fit."

Three voters thought the Chicago Bulls signing DeMar DeRozan was the worst move throughout the league, while three more gave their votes to the entire New Orleans Pelicans offseason.

The Washington Wizards, meanwhile, were praised by one voter who said dealing Westbrook was the best move of the offseason.

"They were trapped," an East executive said of the Wizards. "Now, they have flexibility, and it changes the fact they don't have this giant anchor hanging around their heads."

The Wizards acquired Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a first-round pick for Westbrook, sending the point guard away after just one season.

Nook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member