1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WSJ] ‘If Elder Were a Democrat’ Without double standards, would the U.S. media have any standards?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where did say anything of the sort? Go back and look at my posts. I know you love doing that.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You said you don't care to share your thoughts. You obviously came in to this thread hoping the narrative that "liberals are also racist towards black people" using this as a reference point would stick.

That is your obvious intention.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have come to realize I could have made a lot of money if I had chosen to be a conservative pundit.

mdrowe00, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

just to be factually correct.

Larry Elder has a history of defending whites making racial slurs against people of color, not just blacks.

in his previous talk of reparation to former slave owners, because their properties was taken away. there was lots of push-back from the Japanese American community.

pre-WW2, many Japanese Americans own farms / land in So Central LA.

their farms / land were confisticated by the US Gov when the Japanese Americans were send to internment far away from LA.
    The Japanese Americans argue that their ancestors deserve reparation, not the slave owners, as slave ownership is unconstitutional.

Elder, The Oreal from South Central LA, dismissed their claim w the ignorant claim that the Japanese are not Americans​

5. fchowd0311

Yup. Me too as a child of Muslim immigrants. But charisma is another factor. I'm not that charasmatic. If I was I could make bank massaging the preconceived beliefs of white racists about the evils of Muslim immigration.

Nook likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Many liberals are racist. Many are not. No one needs this thread to realize that. Many of your posts are racial.

7. fchowd0311

That's cool. And some liberals are definitely racist. But your motivation to post here was to use this as a reference point for that narrative.

Yes many of my posts address racial issues. And?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Therefore racism doesn't exist right?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Is dinesh d'souza charismatic at all?

10. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn't deserve to be Governor.

He took a very hardline on masks and COVID restrictions, which were the proper thing to do.

He then decided that his restrictions did not apply to him or his friends, and he knowingly risked being discovered and exposed... and in doing so undermined the credibility of leaders requiring restrictions. Someone that would knowingly do that is not deserving of being a leader. He was born into an extremely wealthy and connected family. His first business was financed by a friend who has a trust from his grandfather worth in excess of several billion dollars.

He has a lot of connections to some sketchy people.... and look no farther than his ex-wife.

He is a product of the machine in California.... appointed to his first political job, then ran in a very liberal city.... and has just been pushed up the ladder.

ROCKSS, Andre0087, adoo and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, I don't know how sane McGowan is at this point ..... but I am not surprised that Newsome's wife (a lawyer) reached out to try and silence her. Newsome is California royalty and has been since before birth.... from his uncles and aunts at Stanford, to his Judge father and beautiful mother.... he went to the best private schools and his best friend has a trust worth in excess of two billion dollars...... Newsome IS good looking, charismatic, is very connected in California in business and politics... he IS the establishment and has great latitude in what he does.

Newsome never becomes Governor in a competitive political state. Having living in both solid Red and Blue states, I can tell you it isn't good... it leads to mediocre and corrupt leadership like we are seeing in Texas (Abbott and Paxton) and in California (Newsome) and have seen in Illinois (Blago/Ryan).

Andre0087 and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

You are brown.... born Muslim.... a decorated veteran.... you could have cleaned up on Fox with a book deal..... especially if you converted to Christianity and married a big titted blonde from Alabama.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When Larry Elders legitimately runs for office democratically maybe we can have these character studies and think about things other than the Repugs finding loopholes in Democracy to game the system in order to get in complete power.

I’m sorry but Democracy crumbling before our eyes at the hands of nutcase billionaire funded horse paste promoting war lover insurrectionists is a bigger story than whatever character building distraction Rupert Murdoch wants to us to talk about.

We should NOT be taking the bait from the Foreign Billionaire who is hell bent on destroying Democracy so him and his buddies can pay a little less in taxes.

mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw,

his father was the judge for this infamous kidnaping case in Chowchilla, CA in the 1970s. 2 brother, and a friend, in their early 20s kidnaped a school bus of 27 elementary school kids at gun point

the 2 brothers, older than Gavin by ~ 10 yrs, were Newsom's neighbor and play pals. after serving a relative short time in prison, the 2 brothers were released. the third kidnapper, from a family not rich enought to be Newsom's neighbor, has been denied parole 17 times.​

Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Right.

While I support some of the policies that Newsome supports, I do not believe that he or his family are deserving of the power that they wield. Simply because they are good at socially networking should not mean that they have rule over 40 million Californians. The Chinese Laundry incident is just indicative of the problem with Newsome.... he is at the most prestigious restaurant in the USA (and one of the most expensive) in the middle of a pandemic, throwing a party without masks... laughing and appearing carefree AFTER telling his citizens to wear masks, avoid gatherings and in some cases to stay home........ this isn't rocket science.... California is a majority Democratic as voters, and there are plenty of other Democratic candidates that support the same political positions as Newsome and they can do the job........ having said that, if in 2024 Newsome faces competition from other Democrats and is still re-elected, then that is what California wants.... it isn't as if he is a felon or facing state or federal charges.

I just think we deserve better.

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

I guess you missed the gorilla mask.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I did miss that. So all of you are jumping into it's racist? Even if it is, and I'm not going to assume, why is that mass media mania worthy?

There is too much of this push for mass media attention on the stupidest thing.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Republicans acting like they genuinely care about racism because of an incident that happened to one of their props…lol

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, they don't care any more or any less. They are complaining about the mass media.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  20. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

One interesting detail that doesn't get enough press is that Newsom was having dinner with a PG&E lobbyist that fateful evening at the French Laundry. Yes, the same PG&E that Newsom's office protected after their role in the 2018 Camp Fire that killed 84 people.

Andre0087 and Nook like this.