1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. adoo

adoo Member

you're trying to equate Rogan w his team of doctor.

they're not the same. ​

while the doctors are medical professionals, Rogan is but a shock jock/stand-up comedian. as such the shock jock has no standing on the medicine front

2. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

i would like to stop hearing the word ivermectin

astros123 likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Please, no more horsing around.

Covid is FAKE. And the vax is a LIE. But IF I DO GET IT, give me the horse semen.

Medical advice? Rogan!
    Diet and nutritional advice? Penn from Penn & Teller!

ROCKSS, astros123 and Kim like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious how deeply ingrained this irrational aversion is.... for example if your doctor were to prescribe it to you, would you refuse to take it?

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He wasn’t giving medical advice. He wasn’t telling people to do what he did. He was clarifying what he did and what was medically recommended to him (likely because he didn’t want to get the vaccine).

Also why do his actions bother you so much? That’s probably a better question to ask yourself. He’s also on testosterone replacement therapy, HGH, works out a lot for a 54 year old and smokes cigars and drinks.

6. adoo

adoo Member

yes, he was

dispense w the gaslighting,
    who do you think u r,
    Kevin McCarthy ?​

#12406 adoo, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Did some quick search on FLCCC. Didn't know much about them.

I have an issue with these type of statements from FLCCC. I think they speak for themselves on conspiracy nature of the organization.

Most worrisome is that ivermectin appears to be up against one of the largest financial and global policy oppositions in modern history, including but not limited to:
    • Concerns of numerous Big Pharma and Big PHA’s that if ivermectin is approved as effective treatment for COVID-19, EUAs for all vaccines would be revoked.
    • Numerous Big Pharma/Big PHA concerns that ivermectin’s potential as an alternative to vaccines may increase vaccine hesitancy and disrupt mass vaccination rollouts.
      • Opponents include large philanthropic sponsors with global vaccination goals.
      • Disinformation: WHO Panel does not review ivermectin prevention trials.
    • Numerous Big Pharma company investments in novel, engineered therapies (i.e., oral antivirals by Merck and Pfizer and Gilead) directly compete with ivermectin.
      • Disinformation: Merck places a post on their website, without scientific supporting evidence or named scientist authors that: “No evidence of either a mechanism of action, clinical efficacy or safety in COVID-19 exists.”
      • Disinformation: A Merck managing director argues against use in the Philippines by stating: “The levels of evidence do not come up to standards.”
    • Big Pharma company’s (Astra-Zeneca) investment into a long-acting antibody product for prevention and treatment of COVID-19, which competes with ivermectin.
    • Numerous Big Pharma’s monoclonal antibody products that compete with ivermectin.
    • Big Pharma’s Remdesivir demand would rapidly decline once hospitalizations were to decrease after ivermectin approval.

I find this article critical of FLCCC promotion with unsubstantiated claims: Frontiers Removes Controversial Ivermectin Paper Pre-Publication | The Scientist Magazine® (the-scientist.com)

After being contacted by The Scientist, the journal posted a statement from Frontiers’s chief executive editor, Frederick Fenter, saying that “Frontiers takes no position on the efficacy of ivermectin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19, however, we do take a very firm stance against unbalanced or unsupported scientific conclusions.”

During review of the article in what the journal refers to as “the provisional acceptance phase,” Fenter says in the statement, members of Frontiers’s research integrity team identified “a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups.”

The statement continues: “Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies. In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19.”

The statement provided no information about why these concerns had been raised and acted on now, rather than earlier in the publication process.

This isn’t the first time that Kory and his colleagues at FLCCC have been accused of making unsubstantiated claims about ivermectin. In December, Kory gave a statement at a US Senate hearing on COVID-19 treatments in which he called ivermectin “effectively a ‘miracle drug’” that could obliterate disease transmission and prevent illness—claims that Associated Press fact-checkers labelled “False” at the time. Kory, who formerly oversaw critical care at the UW Health in Wisconsin, tells The Scientist that he now regrets using “miracle” and other hyperbolic terminology.

Later in December, FLCCC founder Paul Marik, the first author on the now-rejected Frontiers manuscript and a professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School, wrote a paper reviewing ivermectin that included references to debunked papers, including an observational study of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients led by now-discredited Surgisphere Corporation. That study, which had been posted on the preprint server SSRN, was taken down at the request of one of the authors back in May after concerns were raised about the provenance of the company’s data.

I still refer to here for a summary of clinical studies on IVM as treatment for Covid19. It was last updated in July and I think there was one big study after that (not sure why it's not included yet but that study showed no benefits): Table: Ivermectin Clinical Data | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines (nih.gov)

robbie380 likes this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol it's painfully clear you didn't listen to the clip you posted. He gives no recommendations to anyone in that clip.

Good luck!

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm not really arguing for the FLCCC. I just get stuck in these strange arguments when adoo comes in with flaming hot takes and creates near impossible parameters for discussion. I think the FLCCC not promoting vaccination is not helpful at all. Even if their treatments are more effective they are such a hassle that it makes them functionally more difficult to accomplish effectively.

I think the best treatment they recommend is the quick use of monoclonal antibodies. The rest does seem to help but nowhere near as much as the monoclonal antibodies.

Amiga likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Got a call from my daughters school that so many kids in her class have COVID that the rest of the class has to get tested or quarantine for 10 days. Called several local urgent cares, CVS and Walgreens and found only one available appointment on Saturday.

Daughter comes home and says two of the other 5th grade classes have already quarantined because of COVID cases.

**** COVID….

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That sucks man. I feel bad for these kids all around.

12. adoo

adoo Member

your intellectual dishonesty / gaslighting resonates

• rogan is a social media influencer
    • Using social media, He
      • has been peddling his anti-vaccine spins
      • then peddles the effectiveness of IVM for COVID

robbie380 likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

fyi, there are 15m quick covid test kid at CVS… I think it’s a pkg of 2 test for $10

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure it's not fun getting sick, but of all the people in the world, I'm the least concerned about 10 year old kids getting covid.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I’m not even talking strictly about the virus. Kids just have it shitty right now

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, for many, many reasons it has to be a terrible time to grow up compared to when I did.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yeah I’m not posting for sympathy but just to show how it’s spreading locally and how surprised I was at how difficult getting a testing appointment could be.

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yea, I had to get tested on Monday and could not get an apt, lucked out and got one on Tuesday afternoon (Brazos Urgent Care)

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am in the Animal Pharma Business so yes I would, we sell Ivermectin daily and NO ONE from our Pharmacists to our Vendor reps thinks this is a good idea.

I do think people need to educate themselves and have some common sense.......kind of like when Trump said this

Here are his full comments:

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Texas Medical Center 9/10/21:

Here are the key data trends

• Yesterday, R(t) for the Greater Houston Area was 0.90. Any number above 1.0 indicates the virus continues to spread in our community.

• Last week, the average R(t) was 0.99
    • Yesterday, 5,787 people tested positive for COVID-19 in the Greater Houston Area. This is the 9th highest reported daily cases number since the start of the pandemic. Because of these daily numbers are at times affected by “batching”, it is important to also look at the daily new cases averaged over a tie period (e.g., a week)

• Last week, on average, there were 4,322 new cases/day. This is our 2nd highest weekly average since the start of the pandemic.
    • Yesterday, TMC admitted 370 new COVID-19 patients in TMC hospital institutions.

• Last week, on average, TMC admitted 353 new patients/day.
    • Within the TMC, there are currently 2,514 COVID-19 positive patients in hospital (ICU and Med/Surg combined).

• The last 25 days have seen the highest numbers ever of COVID-19 positive patients at TMC hospitals.
    • As of 9/8/2021, 2,182,287 doses have been administered by TMC institutions. Over the last week, an average of 2,099 doses per day have been administered

• As of 9/8/2021, 1,161,409 people have been fully vaccinated

Attached Files: