1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang... any of you remember Cedric Ceballos from the Phoenix Suns a while back? He's battling it in ICU now. Good luck, dude. :(

Ziggy likes this.
  2. Jalen Green OnlyFan

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been in MOPP 4 since January 2020.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Texas Medical Center 9/8/21

Here are the key data trends:

• Yesterday, R(t) for the Greater Houston Area was 0.87. Any number above 1.0 indicates the virus continues to spread in our community. It is important to remember that the R-value will fluctuate day-to-day due to normal variation in inputs. Therefore, we also look at the weekly averages to get a sense of the direction of virus growth in our community.

• Last week, the average R(t) was 0.99
    • Yesterday, 823 people tested positive for COVID-19 in the Greater Houston Area. There is high variation in day-to-day new case reports, and this number is likely low due to lower testing over the Labor Day Holiday.

• Last week, on average, there were 4,322 new cases/day. This is our 2nd highest weekly average since the start of the pandemic.
    • Yesterday, TMC admitted 315 new COVID-19 patients in TMC hospital institutions.

• Last week, on average, TMC admitted 353 new patients/day.
    • Within the TMC, there are currently 2,614 COVID-19 positive patients in hospital (ICU and Med/Surg combined).

• The last 23 days have seen the highest numbers ever of COVID-19 positive patients at TMC hospitals.
    • As of 9/6/2021, 2,176,813 doses have been administered by TMC institutions. Over the last week, an average of 2,583 doses per day have been administered

• As of 9/6/2021, 1,158,803 people have been fully vaccinated

Attached Files:

No Worries and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

Quack alert !

a shock jock pretending to be a doctor

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So talking about what his doctors prescribed him....which worked extremely well btw, is "pretending to be a doctor" in your expert opinion?

Interesting.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

More than 50,000 students in Texas tested positive for Covid-19 over the last 3 weeks.

Andre0087 and Xerobull like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

u don't know that; all ur doing is parroting what the quack had claimed, w no details;

the quack is not a physician, has no standing when making medical claim.
    if such a team of doctors exist, they can speak for themself, not that quack pretending to be a physician

if such a team of doctors exist, he could have cleared it all up, easily, by inviting them to his show, detailing their treatment plan for the the shock jock

the fact that he didn't have his supposed team of doctors on his show to discuss the treatment plan suggests that
    he was making a baseless medical claim, for which he is not qualified

#12388 adoo, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I do know it, several of the drugs he took are prescription only, so they had to have been ordered by a doctor....which is exactly what he said. It's not like he could just buy monoclonal antibodies because he felt like it.

On top of that, I know first hand the popular drugs being prescribed to fight COVID-19 symptoms since the very start of this whole thing.

10. adoo

adoo Member

I wish that little Bobby would stop lying

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He did have the doctor on his show. He says it in the first few minutes. He says his organization.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/about/the-flccc-physicians/

I’m sure you will read their bios and CVs carefully.

Are you opposed to all the treatments he took? None of them are radical and all are low risk/no risk. Some have higher efficacy and more proof than others.

That said the vaccines are very likely more effective and certainly more practical than this multiple therapeutic post infection approach.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

you have no standing in making that claim. Stop pretending that ur a physician

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I gave you the reference and I asked you if you were opposed to all the treatments. Did you read thru the bios of the physicians with that group? Do you feel they are quacks? Are you a physician? If you aren't then with your logic you would have no standing to make any judgements for or against the treatments used.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I can tell you of my experience helping a relative receive the monoclonal antibody treatment. This was back in Feb when it wasn't so popular but there were also limited supplies.

We immediately contacted his dr given his age and overall health (at risk) once he tested positive for Covid. Dr placed the order the same day with the provider (local hospital). The local hospital called back requesting info plus proof of covid positive and scheduled an appt for 5 days later. Since the earlier you can get the treatment, the better, we called every single local provider of IV infusion and some have no idea what we were asking for while many did but weren't able to schedule it any earlier. Given that it's deemed not helpful 10 days after infection, we were still in the good window but were frustrated it took so long for an appt. Fortunately, his symptoms didn't elevate (he already was 9 days past his first shot so I think that help greatly). The treatment itself was for 50min in a negative pressure room. My understanding is it cost the gov $15k (his coshare would have been 20% of that if it was not fully covered by the gov).

In summary, needs a Dr prescription and it took days to get an IV infusion of the medicine back in Feb. Could be different now. I'm guessing it's probably still hard to get monoclonal antibody treatment. It is not without potential bad side effects (it's also still under EUA).

ps. I hate the attention on Joe Rogan's case with covid. He and those like him are outliers with instant access to treatments. Most people face great hurdles to get treatments, from waiting for days to get treatments to waiting at the ER when it's critical. The best common people can do is simple - preventative medicine and that's vaccination.

#12394 Amiga, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Deckard, Haymitch and CCity Zero like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, his experience shouldn't be seen as the norm, he's going to have better access to better care and treatments due to his fame and wealth...and at only 54 the case fatality rate is under 1% for his age demographic.

I just objected to the ignorant poster who was trying to claim that the superior care Rogan received as a result of his wealth and fame was "quackery". That's just stupid.

TexasTofu and rmtheis like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing! I hope your relative is ok.

Did your relative feel like this treatment was especially helpful? How long after receiving the treatment did they see an improvement?

PS - I agree with you on the Rogan thing. I can't believe people care this much about it; he is 1 of the 40.6 million people who had covid in USA. He was prescribed treatments by a doctor and is doing better. Great, neat, whatever.

TexasTofu likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

i m not a physician, thus, i have no standing on this medical issue
    my criticism has been directed at the quack, Joe Rogan, who is not a doctor

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know. My guess is it likely helps but that the vaccine was more impactful based on the results I saw among the 3 family members that went through covid at the same time and their choice of different treatments + vaccination status. Without the treatment, he probably would take a few more days to recover... given his age and health, it was not a gamble we weren't willing to take.

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are giving Rogan so much attention on this because he had a unique position of influence to impact vaccination rates. It's likely his audience has a high percentage of vaccine resisters and he has a lot of very avid followers. Had he 1. gotten vaccinated and publicly promoted it or 2. admitted it was a mistake to not get vaccinated after he got COVID, it could have made a significant impact. Instead, his muddled messaging around vaccination and ivermectin is a wasted opportunity. Now, it's too late.

Deckard likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's fine if you feel that way. I showed you the group of doctors that have promoted and adjusted this therapeutic approach. They have worked on this I-MASK+ approach since nearly the beginning of covid. I'm trying to tell you to direct your criticism at them. Joe Rogan did not develop this protocol.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...LCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf