1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cops in Shorts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Was driving to an appoinment Friday during lunch when about 100 or so yards away I noticed some dude in shorts walk out from the sidewalk and put his up. There was no car in front of me and the car next to me began to slow down. Now, I live in the city. I've seen multiple wackos impede traffic. I've seen guys slam cars with their hands. I've seen a crazy woman kill herself by running in the street.

So, I wasn't slowing down. I was actually trying to find a way to get around and even contemplated doing something drastic. As I got closer and closer, I noticed that he had a badge on. He was continually yelling for me to stop for quite a while (in reality, seconds, but it seems long). I finally stop, because I'm blocked in from the car to my right stopping and the sidewalk being on the left (1 way traffic on Durham North or Shepherd, whichever one goes north).

After everyone stopped, he was able to direct a car from the far right lane to pull over into the parking lot on our left by crossing in front of us. After we all slowly proceeded, I still wasn't 100% sure he was a real cop. He kept yelling at me to "pay attention," but I saw his ass from a mile away. He looked like a dead ringer for Jonny Cakes (Vito's boyfriend from the Sopranos) in shorts. There was not markd cop car, no lights on. Only after I pass him do I see the cop car (that dark camo type car where you can't tell it's a cop car) sitting in the parking lot without lights.

He was nice in his yelling. I mean, it wasn't nice, but it wasn't over-the-top anger either. I thought about circling back to tell him I was very attentive and sincerely thought he was a crazy person. But, I had places to be. Do I need to expand my assumptions on who cops could be? Because 9 out of 10 times, I'm still thinking it's a crazy person. His car was not noticeable, his lights weren't on, his uni was more black than blue in color, and again, he was in shorts...looking like this dude...
    [​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Better than Hey P with sandals on

Nook, Jontro and King1 like this.
  3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Was there an Indian, construction worker and cowboy anywhere near?

B-Bob, Nook, AWIN and 7 others like this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

This may have happened in front of a YMCA

B-Bob, FrontRunner and Kim like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

*Native American

Kim likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think I've seen the same jabroni at San Felipe and the train tracks, right as you cross into or are leaving River Oaks. I don't know what's wrong with these cops that wear shorts or ride horses or wear cowboy hats. Act like a grown up.

boomboom likes this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Not in shorts, but I thought this cop was pretty entertaining.

9. Xerobull

I don't see a problem here, officer.

[​IMG]

Slyonebluejay and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

You just don't get what you pay for Inside the Loop anymore, huh?

eta: next time you run into @Xerobull, tell her I say he's got nice legs for a cop

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Incoming cop story: (cop wasn't wearing shorts but an attractive female cop...)

I was on a public bus and two people came on just as the bus was about to leave. Then cop cars stopped the bus driver. They came on started inspecting. Apparently few (three?) people grabbed money that was from a 'donation jar' and ran off. One of the three didn't get on the bus. The cops was trying to find suspects with given descriptions. They quickly found the perps and started questioning them right on the bus.

One of the cops was female, little chunky, decent amount of makeup (not rouge, lot of foundation), but still very attractive. Although, she was nice to look at, I didn't make too much eye contact, cause they might guess wrong and pull you out the bus.

A nod to what Buck's saying.

As far as the perps, the cops did eventually pull them off the bus. Can't judge book by its cover to judge; but if only a cover to judge; they looked guilty. I listened in on the convo; some of the description of the clothes described him to a tee.

#11 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  12. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Might need to get frisked by this officer. No cavity searches though, not into that

13. Xerobull

And yet, not a deal breaker...

Slyonebluejay likes this.