1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

T_Man

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The vast supermajority of firearm owners are responsible and never commit a crime with their weapon. Studies put the annual defensive gun uses in the United States between 85000 and 4.7 million, with more beneficial outcomes for the defensive gun user as high as 92% of the time. Defensive gun use - Wikipedia Additionally, the right to bear arms is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States of America. There is also no real benefit to replacing gun violence with non-gun violence. Death rates in Australia have been on a steady decline for over a century, and there was no significant change in the rate of that decline reasonably attributable to the gun buy back program. Japan has never really had a shift from lax gun ownership policies to strict gun control, so it would be impossible to measure the effect of the law.
    Yes, Texas Democrats are living the opposite problem of California Libertarians. I feel the pain of people whose personal politics differ radically from those who are in power in their local or state government.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

California libertarians b**** about petty crap like not having drainage dump offs in certain locations while women in Texas are now scared about having to carry out pregnancies against their will. Perspective.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We obviously disagree. That won't ever change. Times have changed since the days the Constitution was written.

https://www.txgunsense.org/articles/texas-gun-violence-facts

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The constitution says that Guns are for a "WELL REGULATED MILITIA" because we had no standing army, and they were meant to be for a militia to be called up in case we are invaded.

1. We don't need that anymore we have a national Army
    2. We could really use some of those WELL REGULATIONS!
    3. The constitution is meant to be amended because the founders knew we would have to do that.
    4. Guns in those days were single shot muzzle loaded.

We need to buy back the guns in this country like Australia did, and give LICENSES for hunters or people who need rifles for pest removal (Hogs etc).....and we need to ramp up gun laws....significantly.

There are MORE guns in this country than people our GUN culture sucks - they are making up bullshit about what the founding fathers wanted, it is 100% BULLSHIT.

DD

#1206 DaDakota, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    deb4rockets and Garner like this.
  7. StupidMoniker

We fundamentally disagree on abortion. I am not at all worried that women in Texas aren't allowed to kill their children anymore.
    It's a good thing there is a clearly established way to change or "amend" the Constitution right in the text of the document, so if the times change and the Constitution needs to be changed to keep up with the times we know how to do that. It has even been done 27 times (one to undo one of the changes that was made earlier).

8. fchowd0311

A sperm cell and an embroyo have the same amount of sentience.

Think about your perspective.... Sincerely.

Murder especially intentional murder is psyocpathic. One must have a rather ****ed up head to do it intentionally especially to a living sentient child or sentient cat or dog etc.

Now imagine the thousands upon thousands of 12-16 year old girls around the world that are scared shitless about their pregnancy and feel the need to do an abortion.

You think those kids are psyocpathic?

Maybe you should adjust your perspective if you think that these women and young girls are murdering children.

Women who've been stabbed and given pregnancy have stated that giving birth is more painful. The only reason most women can endure it is because it's planned where they know they have the financial support and the maturity to know they are ready for motherhood. They can endure that severe pain because they are thinking of the wonderful possibilities of their future.

A girl who has a unplanned pregnancy, who knows they won't have financial support and don't believe they are mentally ready for motherhood are scared shitless of the potential mental and physical trauma they will experience. To force those women to go through that against their will is torture.

This shows a fundamental lack of empathy where you sincerely believe these women are "murdering children". You actually believe they are all psycopaths or something?
    .u understand we fundamentally disagree on this but that doesn't mean I have to respect the disagreement.

peleincubus and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Constitution as intended is a living document. Amendments are ratified and repealed as the country changes and grows. Personal gun ownership may eventually decline. This will require those that are fearful and insecure enough to want to own them eventually maturing.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I’m actually fine with this except for hearing his name in the news. There will be nothing better for the midterms than Trump reminding everyone how bad Republicans are now.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. Garner

Garner Member

****ing yikes. some serious neck beard **** on clutchfans tonight.

12. StupidMoniker

A sperm cell is a gamete. If left to continue, it will just swim for a while, then die. An embryo is a unique human being with it's own DNA that is a combination of the mother and father. If left to continue, it will grow into a fetus, then an infant, then a toddler, etc. through adulthood. They are not the same. People don't mourn nocturnal emissions, but they do mourn miscarriages. Why do you think that is?
    I think it is because they have been conditioned to believe that the unborn have no value. If I could cause people to spontaneously abort without touching them and just went around and terminated the pregnancies of millions of women in the earliest stages, do you think that would be okay? Why not. Would it be worse than throwing away frozen sperm from a sperm bank?
    For some women that is the case. There have been women that didn't even know they were pregnant until a kid plopped out in the toilet (these are generally quite obese women). We do our best to comfort women in labor. We have epidurals. We have Lemaze classes and birthing coaches and midwives. We even have surgical births (that's how I was born), so there is no delivery and the mother is unconscious.
    I disagree. I think they are suffering a natural consequence. It is unfortunate that the human species has developed in such a way that childbirth is more painful for our species than many others, but that is the price we pay for large brains.
    I don't respect your position either. For one, it pretends that the vast majority of abortions could not have been avoided by the woman using proper birth control techniques and this is something that was thrust upon her out of her control. That is not the case. For another, it ignores the humanity of the child. Yes, killing a human is worse than making a human go through childbirth. That is why we don't imprison people for life for impregnating women. The pro-choice position can only be tenable by defining away the humanity of the child being killed.

The whole abortion debate has been done a hundred times on this board. Feel free to look up any of the previous ones for a lengthier answer.

13. fchowd0311

Being potentially human in the future has no bearing in the present and the present that embroyo has no hopes for the future, no will to love, no desire to not feel pain etc. The mother does have those feelings. Therefore the mother takes precedent. And this is a rather arbitrary distinction. The sperm cell and the egg are just a state before conception. The sperm cell and the embroyo have the exact same level of sentience. So this is nothing more than an arbitrary distinction.

And quite frankly you aren't in a position to tell people how women feel during child birth. It isn't a burden you need to ever worry about. There is a reason why women overwhelmingly support the right to abortion and no it isn't because they are psychotic.

A miscarriage is traumatic to a mother who wants the pregnancy because they were looking forward to raising a child because they believed they were financially and mentally prepared for the challenge and when you believe you are mentally and financially prepared for the challenge, pregnancy is a beautiful thing.

Think about the concept of empathy. It requires understanding another being's thoughts and emotions and how it got to their. It's literally impossible to be empathic to an embroyo that doesn't have a central nervous system yet because you can't empathize with a non-sentient entity because empathy requires understanding another's emotions. You can be empathic to a dog or cat, but not an embroyo until it has shows brainwave patterns.

The punishment for a women having sex shouldn't be torture and yes FORCING a woman to carry a pregnancy to term is torture. You are valuing the autonomy of a non sentient being over the sentient one and that shows a certain level of psycopathy.

This is simply a case of someone not being able to step inside the shoes of a woman scared shitless about their situation that you'll never be able to experience yourself so it is very easy for you to say these things such as them being "conditioned". I'm sorry but a random 15 year old girl scared shitless about her unplanned pregnancy isn't "conditioned" to believe the embroyo isn't as valuable as her life. That's just called natural human reaction. You think every 16 year old girl is brainwashed about abortions? No, in fact many of them probably grew up in strict religious households being brainwashed the exact opposite and performed abortions under the table in fear of their family and community. That is what I mean when I say you have difficulty empathizing.

I also think this shows a lack of understanding of why humans value life. We value life not because of a sequence of DNA. We value life because said life has hopes, desires, fears etc and we can empathize with those things. The fact that you can't understand this says a lot.

#1213 fchowd0311, Sep 4, 2021
  14. fchowd0311

It's psychopathy. Psychopathy in essence is an inability to have empathy for others especially others that aren't like you.

He literally cannot fathom how a woman who has a pregnancy they don't want feels. To him, he thinks it's merely propaganda that got to that woman rather than that woman just experiencing life and being fearful of their future.

#1214 fchowd0311, Sep 4, 2021
    ThaRavenOfSanJack and DaDakota like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I wish these zealots would push for a better support system for children (and eveyone else for chrissakes) but this bullshit isn't about the children. It's jihad for controlling women.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, not advocating for indefinite masking or distance learning. Masking for a short period and requiring vaccination or proof of covid positive for adults working with kids. Those haven’t been done.

I don’t think the significance of covid death or any death changes based on other death. I can understand resources allocation based on return on investment (to put it coldly). For covid, the investment has already been done and the application of it is easy. Masking is easy and should only be needed for a short period. Vaccination is available for 12+.

We don’t want to cause more issues with remedies. The fear early on was that social isolation leads to more mental issues and more importantly suicides. Surprisingly, the suicide rate declined in 2020 in the US and around the world even though mental stress increases, and in some cases suicide attempts increased (girl suicides attempt increased in 2020 but didn’t lead to a higher suicide rate). Suicide is a complex issue (isolation, peer pressure, lack of adult interaction, lack of mental health, financial stress, undetected mental issue and lack of intervention, etc) and the pandemic changes all of those variables in different ways. Whatever the reasons, the gov is no longer considering lockdown or school closure. Some school district is still closing schools due to large outbreaks. Vaccination and masking help reduces closures.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Never mind the fact that someone like me doesn’t agree with abortion. Knew a few people in high school that essentially used it as birth control and found it quite disgusting.

All of that aside i not anyone else simply has the right to tell someone that can’t do it. It’s that simple. For all of the reasons you have posted.

For people that think they can they can sincerely f*ck off. Has the person you are replying to ever gone to a homeless shelter and helped children that have nothing and are unwanted? Gone to orphanage and given a birthday party to a 9 year old that has never had one?? I think NOT. This country nor others can provide for these children and give them decent schools etc but you want poor women that don’t want children to have more of them??

It angers me and again that comes from someone that doesn’t agree with it and has never had to have it happen because of myself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Ya there is a difference between being against it because you place some value in the embroyo but understanding that for many women that isn't the case and believing that women who commit abortions are essentially child murderers indicating a belief that said woman has severe psychopathic tendencies.

Like I'm sure you don't think a 16 year old scared of her pregnancy is psychopathic for wanting to terminate it. That's the difference between you and someone like @StupidMoniker. You have the empathy to try to step into the shoes of that scared girl.

#1218 fchowd0311, Sep 5, 2021
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yet, it was none of your business.

If you believe in god, the abortion is between the woman/man and their creator.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

DD

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My time is limited but will try to get you a more fuller response later but just wanted to address these couple of things.

Sure if you think that enforcing building codes but also pushing for a flat tax and addressing entitlements is ideological.

I guess this depends on what you consider restricted. I've worked on projects in CA in the last 30 years and I know their are a few large construction projects in the Bay Area next to property that my family owns. I keep on getting notices for public meetings on them.
    Historically though collapses, severe fires and other disasters from poor construction were at one point not as rare. We consider things like this anomalous is BECAUSE OF CODE ENFORCEMENT. This is a frequent issue I see with your arguments you argue for the outcomes yet ignoring what went into those outcomes. If you look at the state of building safety in the late 19th Century before the first wave of building safety regulation came in disasters, especially fires, were not rare occurrences. Even now most loss of life in building disasters is often found to be construction that wasn't built to code.

fchowd0311 likes this.