1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Many top NBA players hesitant to promote coronavirus vaccines

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Feb 17, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just because you are good at basketball does not mean you are all that smart.

Many of the NBA players have been sheltered and lack critical thinking and wordly wisdom.

Barkley was right, they should NOT be role models.

DD

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I had COVID myself when all of this first started. Worst sickness I’ve had in my life.

I lost my uncle to COVID.

This was before vaccines were as available as they are now. The ordeal sounds similar to what you experienced except he didn’t make it in the end.

I don’t argue with folks about vaccines. If you don’t want it, don’t get it. But also be prepared to be denied entry to certain places/events. I’m vaccinated myself and I encourage everyone to get vaccinated but when it hits close to home and you’ve either had it and had really bad effects or you’ve lost someone to it you probably have a different perspective.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

A lot of sheep in this thread who think their opinion should be final.... If you want to get the jab, get the jab and stfu.... If you want to wear 10 masks because that's what fauci said then do it and stfu....

There are alternatives that are more effective but just not for the American people because we aren't horses.... Except the CDC will recommend it for refugees, here is a red pill for some some of you sheep that keep wanting NBA players to promote a vaccine that is not even the best option against Covid 19..

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  4. jogo

jogo Member

This is a recommended treatment for parasites. Covid is not a parasite. Read a book.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh ****, a horse pill boi. What a worldt. Good luck.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i need to know what lerbon has to say.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO even when the CDC recommends it.... Damn, indoctrination is fing crazy in this country.... Your very own recommends it and then you believe the mass bs media... Clown world...

I'm not even anti vax, my grandparents and most my family are vaccinated... No side effects.... No problems.... Some have gotten Covid with the vaccine.... Some have gotten it without it and all are fine thankfully... But to blindly believe in one single thing and dismiss other's despite actual scientific proof and Medical recommendation world wide is ignorant af.... Move to Australia, ya'll would love it there....

Gioan Baotixita and Madano like this.
  8. jogo

jogo Member

If you don't understand the difference between a virus and a parasite then I'm not going to explain it to you. I can take Dayquil for a cold, should I take ti for the Coronavirus.

You are the one who is indoctrinated into believing that a drug for parasites will help against a virus. Have you taken bleach? Did it help?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

both this reply and your previous one above i'm not disputing -- i'm only referring to the ability of vaccinated persons to still be asymptomatic spreaders. yes they can have elevated immunes to fight off infection and reduce symptom severity themselves. but at the same time can still transmit covid to others. this is what walensky meant as well:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/...zjYpY3xboRgmb8PaMpNiIKrcz29uRNR8k8Zrh0bYUBJzM

10. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I have a question and I'm legitimately interested in people's opinions.

Say you live with a 72 year old family member. Say you sign up for the gym and you go. When you go, there are 15 other people there, all maskless working out. Do you feel less concern about catching covid and transmitting it to your 72 year old family member if all 15 people are vaccinated vs unvaccinated?

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've seen so many conflicting reports now it's hard for me to say with certainty regarding the spread. official govt data from UK and israel for instance, the majority of hospitalizations/deaths are occuring in the vaccinated so go figure

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes we are in complete agreement that it can happen.

That said I actually don't know if we have a clear understanding of the likelihood of a vaccinated person being infected asymptomatically and then spreading it to others people (vaccinated, unvaccinated, or previously infected). I don't believe we even actually know the rate of asymptomatic infection among vaccinated people.

I'd have to go back and look, but I believe even among completely unvaccinated people that asymptomatic transmission is very uncommon. If I recall correctly I believe it was somewhere around 2-5% of case transmission. Good luck on me actually finding what I think I'm remembering correctly.

I'll have to go back and read the methods of that study I posted because I will probably get it mixed up...however, I don't believe they had mandatory covid testing at specified intervals in order to track asymptomatic infection. I believe it was self reported symptoms and covid testing that the individual had to go get themselves.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Carry on believing what you believe, Yes.... A drug for parasites is helping people with Covid.... You won't accept any source, any proof, any link or word of mouth from people and family I know who have been treated with it and prescribed by actual Doctors in this city.... At the end of the day, you will not toy with your beliefs that a drug for parasites is actually working and more affectively than the vaccine. You have reached your conclusion, I'm not telling you to take it.... I'm not saying the vaccine is not effective.

I'm saying there is proof that it is effective, I'm not forcing you or trying to convince you. Believe it or not, those who don't share your "common sense" aren't wrong. Sometimes they aren't right either. But maybe you shouldn't be so defensive about something that you have not cared enough to look into other than what you have been told to believe.....

So just carry on, it looks like you have made a decision to not let anyone intrude on your beliefs and based on your reaction its working well...

14. Madano

I think there is room for both of you to meet in the middle on this. I don't think it has authoritatively been proven that Ivermectin is or is not effective against covid. A few people taking it and getting better isn't anymore proof that it works than a few people overdosing on the animal version of it is proof that it is dangerous and doesn't help. I really think when it comes to covid there is still so much unknown about it, that no one should shut down any idea until it has been thoroughly researched. Ivermectin as prescribed by a doctor has proven to be safe, but afaik there is nothing that definitively shows it helps with covid. There have been studies that show it does nothing and there have been studies that show it is effective.

Salvy likes this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

FWIW Salvy the recent ivermectin covid studies that I've seen have been very underwhelming. I believe the issue is that it simply isn't bioavailable enough to fight covid. Steroids, zpack, and monoclonal antibodies are the best bets so far....or just get vaccinated.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

asymptomatic can be to different degrees, because even very slight sniffles or a headache -- some may not even think it could be covid at all so doesn't get reported, but they can still spread

robbie380 likes this.
  17. Madano

vaccination coverage has proven to wane over time (hence the boosters). I don't think that it is "steroids, zpcak, and monoclonal antibodies" vs "vaccine", i think it is "steroids, zpcak, and monoclonal antibodies" AND "vaccine". I don't think anyone should downplay anything that helps with treatment because i think treatment is ultimately what gets us through this. The vaccine helps keep the death and serious illness toll down as much as possible until we do have better treatments.

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I had an aunt who took that horse **** every week preventively and daily once she got covid and she still died of it. People back in my home country have been taking it for months and cases are still at an all time high. I've read the big papers on it, the data just isn't there. There isn't even a proposed mechanism. At least hydroxchloroquine had a theoretical reason as to why it would work even if it eventually didn't. That stuff is for parasites, it doesn't work.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pistol Pete likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

So you are aware there is a human and animal version, thank you for that... I appreciate sincere arguments, Ivermectin is not in any way the cure to Covid... It has been effective in India, it has been effective here for some that have tried it.... Israel the most vaccinated country in the world percentage based on population wise is spiking in infection due to new variants. Does that mean vaccine bad and Ivermectin good? Not necessarily. Not at all.

My problem is that both are absolute and legitimate choices, except one of them is seen as Horse pills and anyone that mentions it is automatically labeled a fool. Both the vaccine and Ivermectin have failed to save lives, both have helped... None are perfect, I do hope there is an option in the future via vaccine or medication that does effectively fight this awful virus.... But for now, Government, media, big tech and now even pharmacies all for some strange reason move in herd's and they aren't always right. In fact, they have been proven wrong many many times with Covid alone.

I agree, there is much we don't know.... And this is why, we should be weary of what anyone says. Regardless of what it is.

Madano likes this.