1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Shang-Chi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Thats the worst act to fck up. :/

VanityHalfBlack and DreamShook like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MCU/Disney has the BEST CGI available anywhere. And they've made it cost-effective and accessible to the actors. AND - they definitely use it as a crutch way too often. They grab some great directors for these movies but I don't think any of them are obsessive about minimizing the CGI.

So... how busy are the showings?

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Without spoiling, what could have been better?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant tell if this is sarcasm.. since I cant tell im taking it as disrespect..

reported.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think the 3rd/last act could have been better. Felt a little bit rushed to get to the conclusion but that's almost par for the course for all Marvel movies/TV shows now so I don't know if it's something to complain about. A lot of backstory and plot to absorb but it didn't feel like things were just dropped into the plotline just for kicks. Some of the CGI work is a little bit disappointing especially since it's a Disney/MCU movie. I don't think it's on the same level of greatness as Black Panther but it definitely makes a character long forgotten about pretty interesting to watch and root for. There were plenty of funny moments in between the very good action sequences. Personally, I'd put it on the same level as the first Doctor Strange / Ant-Man movies and better than Captain Marvel.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's not the worst of endings but it definitely felt rushed and kinda cheesy. That being said, this isn't on the scale of "I've dedicated my life to Game of Thrones and this is the series finale I deserve???" failure. Like I said before, for a Marvel superhero that most (including myself) had no interest in or have forgotten about Disney/MCU did a wonderful job making Shang-Chi pretty cool and relevant.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gotta agree with y’all on the 3rd act. Rushed and turned in a CGI mess at points.

solid movie overall though

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

The 3rd act wasnt bad at all

my only grievances were when they would speak english it would break me out of the story as it just didnt fit in. And
    when some of the soul sucking was taking place, the heroes could have easily stopped it by shooting a projectile but instead they stand there and watch for 10 seconds doing nothing

9. VanityHalfBlack

Constance Wu>Akwafina

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Just a standard marvel movie. How do all of them get 90% on RT. DC gets like crap RT scores but the quality isn't much different because they are formulaic. Also CG on bus scene looked pretty fake.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

DC lowballing the bribes.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because DC can't keep all the comic book geeks satisfied let alone the normies

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw it. Thought it was very solid. Some cameos pop up, setting the character up to be part of the marvel universe. Worth a watch. Will not saw anything else. Don't want to spoil it for anyone. By the way, there are two post credit scenes

B-Bob and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Great movie. Pleasantly surprised. Love the Wong and Trevor Slattery cameos

15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Enjoyed the movie, thought it was better than the latest Suicide Squad, it had funny moments, good action and was a quality comic movie overall.

Not into superhero horror movies like Suicide squad was, so glad this was one you can bring family to and enjoy.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think if a neutral party watches the worst MCU movie (Thor 2, maybe?) and the best DC movie back to back ('21 Suicide Squad?), I think they'll tell you that the difference isn't much.

Formulaic is formulaic - but you can still have a difference in the quality of the formula.

Ziggy likes this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What DC movies are you watching? DC movies other than the first wonder woman, are craptastic. Aquaman was funny in parts also.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Let's compare Aquaman and Shang chi. Shang chi got 90% and Aquaman got 65%. Is Shang chi that much better?

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes, a hundred times better. My kids think this Shang Chi movie was one of the best Marvel they've seen and they are Marvel nuts.

Ziggy likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shazaam was pretty good.