1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

666 new Texas laws go into effect Sept1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I believe in virus rights !! I don't believe in abortion rights.

Oh yeah ..here's a gun to carry
    Signed,
    Republicans

( Wtf are we doing here guys?! Any alarm bells going off yet lol )

deb4rockets, malakas and Ziggy like this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Do Muslims require you to confess all your secrets and hand over 10% of your income?

DaDakota likes this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

You can't generalize all conservative Christians, nor conservative Muslims, that's quite ignorant actually. Does Christianity have it's fair share of hypocrites and judging? Of course, just like any other religion, but that does not mean Christianity as a whole is what you are describing.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, fundamentalists suck in general, no matter their religion. They always use their holy book as a toll to subjugate people they don't like and non-believers and force as many people as possible to follow their laws because otherwise, as we see, more and more people drop religion.

If it's not forced down your throat you're either going to just become a full on agnostic/atheist or just a casual observer. They know it too. The only way it works is if you force it down the throat of as many people as possible.

5. SuraGotMadHops

What you call confessing secrets, Christians call the sacrament of repentance of sins that leads to our salvation. And no, nobody is required to hand over 10% of your income, it's not a tax. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 9: "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not characterizing all Christians. I'm characterizing conservative Christians who have shown throughout history to be F'ing assholes that want to control people's lives based on a few lines from a fiction book.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for stating the bold in red. That's what I was looking for earlier. It isn't reasonable.

I'm sure you are happy that it can be stopped based on your beliefs of life, etc, but I'm glad you are willing to admit that it is beyond what is reasonable. I appreciate that honesty.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just because you have a crowd through indoctrination does not mean you have any right to thrust your beliefs on others or force them to live by your mythological rules.

DD

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hold on there all Texans are pigs just those fools that voted for this stupid bill and are the same people that won't take a vaccination that has shown to keep people from dying or where a mask but feel they are right to tell women what they can do with their bodies. abbott and his friends have to be voted out. One more thing Texas is not the worst state in America that would be Florida we all know that.

10. SuraGotMadHops

So far a couple of folks have referred to the Bible as a fiction book and mythological. Obviously, if that is how you feel then of course you will find any Christian based belief to be absurd. That's too bad, and I'm not going to debate that. As a Christian, I will pray that someday y'all find an opportunity to learn the religion and understand it better. I myself am still learning, everyday. I'm not an Evangelist by any means, but if anybody is interested in learning more about the Bible I am available, and I'll do my best.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You'll be surprised when you find out that some non-religious people are actually pretty damn knowledgeable about religions.

They usually become that way because they looked into it, people don't just drop religion on a whim after all.

I found out that the more I learned about it the less likely it seemed to be true.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To be more specific, Muslims where they are the majority do this.

Muslims in the States "know their place" as in they know the dangers of proselytizing and pushing any agenda of Islamic law in the US. It's too dangerous for them and they keep their religion to themselves and their families. That's why you would hardly ever see a Muslim go door to door trying to proselytize. The understand Billy Bob with his 12 gauge is eager to use it on them for any reason.

13. SuraGotMadHops

This happens to a lot of people that study the Bible from a scientific and worldly point of view, and that will undoubtedly, create doubt. An effective approach to the Bible needs to be faith based. More from 2 Corinthians:

"For we walk by faith, not by sight"
    "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"

From a worldly point of view, the events of the New Testament seem outrageous and impossible. With faith, we overcome that pessimism, "For nothing will be impossible with God." - Luke 1:37

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Republicans need to be about the freedom of all religions. But they only focus on 1. It's very un-Republican.

15. fchowd0311

Jesus disagrees with your views on immigrants yes even those pesky illegals and helping the poor.

As someone said "I like your Christ, but not your Christians".

I'm atheist but I do respect the figure that is Jesus. He did have some very progressive values.

16. fchowd0311

So eternal damnation because people need more evidence. Where is the virtue in that?

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

It's very Republican in the sense of the past 50 years or so.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why wouldn't you look at it from a scientific point of view and once you do why would you then trust anything else the book says?

This would be same as a flat earther telling you to ignore the science, just believe!

All science is determining what is and isn't real. That's all it is. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

Christianity is literally one of hundreds of religions that have existed throughout humanity. You should question it and you should be skeptical of it. You should ask yourself "Why this religion and why not the others?" and if yuo still determine that it's still something you believe in, fair enough. No one has all the answers to Life, The Universe, and Everything...

But we know, according to what we know of the laws of physics and the universe, that many of those stories are fake. It should then be natural to question the validity of the book, since it claims only truth. If your God is so real and is so adamant on having believers, then it's time he shows up.

That's how it works, you earn faith. No one has faith in Tilman because his rockets ain't done ****. If they go on to become a dynasty then the next time the Rockets go into rebuild mode, people will trust him and be patient.

Long story short, this all powerful and all mighty God is losing believers and have been for some time, it's not the first God whose fell out of favor with a populace, won't be the last.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Can you explain that a little bit? Policy-wise, which religions do you think are being ignored? I'm just having trouble coming up with an example where a certain religion is denied the opportunity to worship as they please
    Again, like I just said, you're applying science to things that Christians believe transcends science. So of course it won't make sense, and it will cause doubts. That is what Christians believe, but if you don't, you don't. You are asking God to show up, do you mean physically? Again, this is where faith comes in. Our hearts believe God is there, even when we cannot see any evidence of God's presence.

20. fchowd0311

We call that wishful thinking.

Phillyrocket and JayGoogle like this.