1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

So what allstar level guard is going to be available to him? So the plan is to waste another year of Embiid sitting Simmons until he gets the trade he wants that may never come?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I heard they lost Usman Garuba to the Rockets!

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t really understand why people are angry with Morey here. Simmons and Embiid pre-date his arrival in Philadelphia and, prior to last season, Simmons was the potential centerpiece of a James Harden trade. We got lucky that Tilman acted out of spite to negate that trade. Now it’s conceivable that he could be traded for someone like CJ McCollum, straight up.

Simmons can’t shoot, won’t work on his game and had one of the biggest playoff brain farts since JR Smith and Nick Anderson. The problem is that he is supposed to be light years better than Smith or Anderson, but has shown that he’s unwilling to do what it takes to do more than coast on natural ability. I remember reading stories about his one season at LSU where he was supposedly a cancerous presence on that team. It was written off at the time as a “cost of doing business” situation: a mid-tier SEC basketball school got one year of a hyped one-and-done prospect. However, I’ve read that Simmons’ attitude was poor and he made the worst out of his time at LSU. Now it looks like he’s done the same in Philadelphia.

Morey should ignore whatever “preference” Simmons has to go to California. Players that shrink in the moment, refuse to develop and/or listen to coaching and act like the game owes them something should not get to dictate where they when they have four years left on their contracts.

4. HardenVolumeOne

according to karceno4life on youtube.. rich paul wants none of his( lebrons client) working with daryl morey. According to karceno4life this all goes back to moreys china tweet

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

So… there’s a chance?

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The zipcode in shanghai is 200000

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-philly-where-did-go-wrong-sixers/5671659001/

Thrown under the bus, Simmons had little chance of recovering and returning to the Sixers – unless, of course, the Sixers wanted to trade Embiid and keep Simmons.

They had to pick one or the other, and Embiid was the clear choice for the Sixers.

But the issue was deeper than one play, one game, one series. The Simmons-Embiid rift had been escalating, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the situation.

#107 J.R., Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    sirjesse likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

pick between embiid and simmons. Man that's such a tough choice

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Rich Paul and LeGay James are the worst. I pray no Rockets players sign with them.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Embid is trilingual: English, French and Basaa.

Simmons had bad grades in college and his agent has two first names.

buffalobills!!! and TWS1986 like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lebron I don't think is long for this NBA world. He wants the scoring record I am sure. He is not going to play though and only average 15 ppg. Injuries is the thing has to avoid and with the minutes he has played the % increases all the time for him.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL @ Simmons suck at free throws, suck at shooting, no shots in the 4th quarter and do absolutely nothing about it. Sucks for the next team that gets him

Slyonebluejay and ElPigto like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Embiid is just trying to be politically correct about Ben. I would be absolutely frustrated to work with somebody that knows they have obvious flaws and are not doing anything to correct the issue. I wouldn't say anything out in public, but I surely would express my concern to the individual and if that doesn't change anything, I would take it up to management.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

said this years ago. It dates back to his days at LSU. he's never been the player to work on his game and get better. Hes had the worse attitude. Coaches have always been frustrated. Never really listens. Can't take the criticism. He plays the game to just make money. Winning doesn't really matter to him. Hes complacent with who he is already and just wants to get paid a good amount of money to play a kids game. That's it. And you don't have a real shot at a title with him. No team in the league will

Slyonebluejay, ElPigto and TWS1986 like this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well-said. He's just not a great player.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I feel like the Sixers can still get some pretty good players for Ben from T-Wolves, Kings, and maybe the Raptors. Perhaps, the Warriors, but their package is not inspiring at all, unless Kuminga and Moody pan out.

They keep shooting for Lilliard, which I think is a pipe dream and would need 3rd team to get involved. Because, Portland is no way motivated to let Damian go unless he wants to or they feel they can get someone near or equal to him. Simmons does not carry anywhere near the value he does. He does give Portland, any substantial advantages unless D'Antoni and his staff can teach Ben to become a better shooter.

Kings -- Hield with Haliburton or Mitchell. Getting Fox is almost like a pipe dream, similar to Lilliard. Fox looks like a potential career 20-25 ppg scorer who is also a good playmaker. The Kings gain almost nothing with Ben, outside his size and defense. Ben, might be a better floor general than Fox, but it's not substantial, and is modestly better.

T-Wolves -- Russell w/ Beasley, McDaniels, and a possible pick.

Raptors -- W/ Siakam and filler, maybe picks.

I take any of those deals for Ben. I feel like his value is just shooting lower and lower as the summer comes to end. We are nearing training camp, as he has shown no signs of wanting to play for Philly, while his confidence has been destroyed. He's clearly in his feelings about how all of this that happened between the last couple of months.

I feel like Hield w/Haliburton or Mitchell, perhaps Russell w/Beasley and McDaniels gives Philly alot of firepower that they simply don't have at this moment. If they come back with Embiid and Simmons as their two main guys, I doubt they'll beat the Nets, arguably not the Bucs, either. They may even lose to a team, like the Heat or Hawks, again.

Embiid, Harris, Curry, Milton, Thybulle, Green and Maxey is still a pretty good EC team, not championship caliber, but definitely one of the better teams over there. Though, if you add Hield/Burton or Mitchell or Russell w/Beasley and McDaniels gives them alot more scoring and depth. I feel this is a team that they need to beat the Nets.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If the Indiana offer was true, I believe they had a pretty solid package that Indiana offered. Some additional negotiation would be needed, but it was a solid deal. It was for Brogdon.

Here is my proposal. Picks to Sixers are unprotected.

tradenba-snap-1630518341724.png

DaDakota, Williamson and plutoblue11 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cf:
    great! lets tank this year so we may draft a player of his caliber

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Only one first name. The other word is an adjective.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Morey was really as smart as he seems, the first thing he should do when he got to Philly should be trade Simmons. His value was the highest at that point. Morey should have seen the glaring issue with Simmons before last playoffs. It wasn't even about Harden. Maybe Tilman really would never deal with him. But he could have got a good package from a lot of teams. Now, he is stuck. Having Simmons wasn't his fault. But not seeing this coming is. This kind of ability, seeing the true potential of a player, is what makes a GM great. A lot of people thought Morey was a great GM, even a god. But this debacle exposes his greatest weakness, that is, underestimating the importance of character in a player. If we look back, we can see the same pattern in his Rockets tenure.