1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Do you really believe that’s going to happen? He’s not even come close to being suspended by the league and they have access to all the information and have done their own investigation… and they’ve suspended people for very minor infractions.

Deshaun Watson is a sex addict. He trolls internet ads for sex. This is a problem that he does need help for. But its not something that causes one to be incarcerated.

In the end, his value is at its absolute lowest right now mainly because nobody trades for star QB’s right before the season starts. There will be no shortage of suitors once the legal stuff gets resolved and teams that think they have their answer at QB are sorely mistaken.

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

So true! Texans just need to hold! They literally have all the leverage. They have five years to hold Deshaun if they wanted to! Texans need to get what they want or bust! That simple!

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Should Texans grab cam or is he washed?

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Washed.

5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I don’t know. I mean was Cam REALLY in New England long enough to be considered a Patriot? If so, the answer will be most definitely yes

dkoune likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Then your crazy cuz that's less than we gave up for Tunsil.

mario_v likes this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Maybe I don't understand something but why aren't the Texans telling Watson "You are our quarterback. You are going to play or you will be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team"?

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Simply put, risking injury is not worth it.

Xopher likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who knows? My post history is pretty explicit on this topic and I've tried to be as neutral as possible and wanted to trust the system, but 22+ different ladies accusing him of indecency is alarming. At some point you think that basic statistics catch up. Even if he is indicted so what? He can still beat the charges right? Its good to see so much confidence coming from the fans of the most inept franchise in NFL history possibly. I hope you're right. As for me? My own moral compass has given way and I am disgusted by that dudes face and if this franchise had any sort of REAL values they would have severed ties, but they show just like many fans and decision makers that greed and need are what rule the day at the end. What do we lose? A 12th overall pick? For what so we can reap a bounty, but have to endure the circus? Nah. I cant cosign to that anymore. He's a fraud, a distraction and regardless how well he plays the sport of football a detriment to this team and its fans.

eric.81 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There should be no pressure/focus on trying to win games this year. This team needs an influx of talent with draft picks and cap space. Maybe they find a diamond amongst these 1 year deal players that they can then extend for next year.

Bottoming out with Watson having an MVP-type season is a pretty tell-tale sign that this team needed a lot more.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can respect a man of conviction. Maybe I’m a bit hypocritical, but I do want something in return. Even if that means continued circus

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok.

Yes, he likely has a sex addiction that led to this sort of chronic behavior. Sounds like you would be intolerant of anybody with that sort of issue, and that's your personal preference. He's lost sponsors so you're obviously not the only one who wants to sever ties. While the media hasn't necessarily run a smear campaign, most fan bases now associate him with some sketchy behavior.

Excluding the morality of this, he's a top 5 NFL QB who's 26 years old, in his prime. They will never get back the true trade value of somebody like that but I suggest they attempt to do so.

As much flack as this front office was getting by trying to be a "church" and praying on everything, looking to god, and always doing what the Bible says... they're now getting flack from some for running this team like the business it should be, and optimizing value of assets that can help immensely in a future rebuild.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I understand that. We live in a "ME" society. But this team has taken on the facade of being a religious community and here they stand looking to benefit from one of the worst situations (if not the worst) this franchise has ever faced. Im fine with letting the system play out, I"ve already stood on the other side and tried to compromise and think that he could be "innocent" but for a man who claims to follow the lead of Jesus Christ to even think of doing the things he's accused of and to a certain extent quite possibly committed its a sin of character more than of flesh. The Houston Texans are basically Proselytizing their own brand of religion and what is permissible and what is not it would appear is up to the character coach on staff.

To take up a roster spot for this circus? Shame on Caserio. He's been doing a bang up job so far IMO, but I cant agree with his handling of this situation.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. I don’t know if there’s a “win” in this at all.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I have a hard time following hypocrites and the Houston Texans are appearing to be just that. Lets see what happens. Thanks for the well thought out and civil responses to such a polarizing topic.

eric.81 and Nick like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So your suggestion is to just cut him?

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You do whatever it takes to get the best return possible, period. All the background noise is a non-issue for this current team.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only thing any sports team will ultimately hold up to is making a profit. If morals gets them there by itself, great... but all business is ruthless on some level, no matter what they say in press conferences or holding hands praying on the sidelines.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I agree and thats why its so hard to believe the levels of morality that this team is trying to espouse. It's cringe inducing to hear Caserio at pressers talk about God etc.. Same up and down the executive totem .. but they are going to make sure they profit from this. Which will it be? Cant have both.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right - so then they should leave religion out of the workplace especially when they contradict their own self professed standards.