1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

My French football team might sign on loan Alberto Elis.

Can any of the Dynamo regulars give me more infos on the type of player he is.
    Strengths and weaknesses ?

rhino17 likes this.
  2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Lol. Frisco is urging fans to wear Stars jerseys bc we are bringing so many fans for the game this weekend and they're scared it's going to look like an Austin home game. They aren't going to know what hit them.

mtbrays likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Seems pretty typical of all dallas teams. Their own fans don’t like them or go to games.

4. leroy

Went to my first game last night in a few years. The Dynamo play just as you’d expect bad teams to do. They had all the opportunities to put dallas away early on and just didn’t. Then the mistakes started. The 2nd dallas goal off just a boneheaded play in the back from the backs and the keeper. They did well to tie but I don’t understand Ramos’ tactics. It was HOT. Players were clearly dragging from 70 min on and the only sub he made was injury based. Is the depth that bad? I was moderately impressed with the midfield 3 of Dorsey, Carrasquilla, and Picault. But Carrasquilla got hurt, Dorsey got winded and Picault had no help. Urriti up front is too lazy. With those 3 behind him who work hard, he needs to be more active and quit playing facing goal, waiting for the through ball. Especially when he’s not strong enough to hold off larger and faster defenders.

They’re just not good. I’d be fine giving Ramos more time but having not won a game in 3 months is unacceptable.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/news/dynamo-fire-gm-matt-jordan/qjOgBELbyXSj
    https://www.houstondynamofc.com/news/houston-dynamo-fc-parts-ways-with-svp-gm-matt-jordan

The Houston Dynamo have fired senior vice president and general manager Matt Jordan.

“After spending the last several weeks observing and evaluating a number of facets of our organization, I determined that it is in the best interest of the Club to go in a different direction with our soccer operations leadership,” majority owner Ted Segal said in a statement. “I want to thank Matt for all of his contributions to the Dynamo.

"He added to our championship history, aligned the Dynamo Academy and the first team, and was extremely generous with his time and knowledge as I prepared to take stewardship of the Club.”

Jordan, 45, had served as GM since 2014 after spending four years as the Montreal Impact's technical director. He agreed to a new contract with the Dynamo in December.

Segal completed the purchase of the team, along the NWSL's Houston Dash, from previous majority owner Gabriel Brener in June.

desihooper likes this.
  6. leroy

7 years too late. What he's done to this team is unforgiveable. I realize there were budget constraints. But his scouting and talent acquisitions were horrible and buried this team in mediocrity.

desihooper likes this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dude was ATROCIOUS. Idk how he kept this job so long. The team has been a general train wreck since he took over

desihooper likes this.
  8. leroy

This is the kind of move a forward thinking MLS gm would be looking at. Yes, I realize he likely wanted to go home but I’d be willing to bet if the right contract was offered, he’d change his mind….

https://www.fotmob.com/news/1v1xrtf...senal-contract-ahead-of-return-to-Corinthians

I’d be willing to bet Jordan won’t be unemployed for long. The Texans are always looking for unqualified failures who have a history of bargain bin shopping for players.

#1048 leroy, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    rhino17 likes this.
  9. Brando2101

Some of the dynamo fans are real thugs. Our guys guys punched and their **** stolen.

[​IMG]

#1049 Brando2101, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  10. leroy

It's great the finally won a game and all but I agree with you. Those supporters group people are douches.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A friend of mine sits with Los Verdes at Q2 and traveled with them to Dallas and Houston. I'll say that a lot of MLS supporters group culture feels very forced and performative. It was very easy to say no to him when he asked if I wanted to join him in LV. I appreciate the atmosphere they create, but I don't want to be a part of a traveling band of fans who muster up the energy to live and die by the team and being in each other's company. My life doesn't allow for that kind of commitment anymore.

I used to enjoy sitting with EB at Robertson Stadium, but they really appear to have dwindled in size and settled into a delinquent reputation.

12. leroy

I wonder what they do there or why they're even there. The seats I usually have access to at BBVA are just below them. It seems like they're way more focused on banging drums and singing nonsense songs with the same lyrics over and over than they are watching the game. The last game I went to a few weeks ago, they spent more time yelling nonsense at Dallas players as if they were going to listen and react. My kids were wondering why they were screaming profanities at people they don't know and that were merely walking by.

I appreciate having passion for your home team. But these guys are morons.

mtbrays likes this.
  13. Brando2101

I hear that said about the Austin support group. It's just not true. I've sat in the standing room area at Q2 and you are watching the game but you're also doing what you can to create an exciting atmosphere. That goes triple when we are scored on. A lot of mouth breathers in the regular seats get pissed at the Supporters because they don't stop singing when we get scored on. Like morons, they wonder if we even realize it. The whole point is to rob the away team of any power they have. Look what happens in football when the away team scores. The camera men all find the saddest ****ing fans with closed mouths and everyone laughs. When our team is down, we get louder. That's the point. It's harder to see in Houston because you guys don't have that many supporters but you can get a sense of it at Q2. I was completely ignorant of it all before this season but it didn't take long for me to get wrapped up on it. I remember thinking how forced it looked when they were practicing before the season started but it's a lot of fun once you give it a shot.

mtbrays likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Like the Onstad hire. No idea how qualified he is, but If nothing else, it connects the team to the only identity it ever had. And is at least somewhat recognizable. Anyone is better than the last guy

Have no opinion on the Ramos firing. He was in an impossible situation, this team has no talent. But I also don't think he is anything special, so no problem moving on.

17. leroy

Agree on both fronts. We have no idea if Onstead will be a good GM or not. But, like you said, he couldn’t possibly be worse than Jordan…right?

While I feel like Ramos was put in an impossible situation, he didn’t do well with the chances he had. I was at a game in the middle of the summer…one of the games against FC Dallas. 98 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky. The only sub he made in 90 min was due to an injury. Players were clearly dragging and he made no other changes. I can’t imagine why. I see that as poor management…and that goes for his staff.

So, if we’re starting over, then start over.

18. leroy

The Dynamo continue to be lucky they’re ina city with the most dysfunctional front office in sports over at NRG or people would notice how terrible they are.

They hired a coach who went 30-61-25 in 4 seasons with Sporting KC’s reserve team. A 36% win rate in the reserve league. Never coached at this level or any other level. This is David Cully level incompetence.

rhino17 likes this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Do they know something we don't? That seems like a legitimately insane hire. May as well have re-signed Boniek as a player/coach if they wanted to save that kind of money.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Has tremendous speed. More physicality than you'd think. Flashy guy with great celebrations