1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Usman Garuba: I want the ball more in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'MON!! THERE'S NO "I" IN US, MAN

hakeem94, alethios, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets may already have more offensive talents than Garuba saw at Real Madrid.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  3. juanming

juanming Member

Man he's already complaining about wanting more touches

Diva.. trade him

I like confident players and aggressive players but I don't like players that go to the media and say I want the Ball more

I can see green and wood saying the same thing as Usman.. this is gonna be a wild next couple of years

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s going to have all the touches he wants in the g league for the next 2 years while he learns how to play offensively

D-rock, UTSA2step and saleem like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong in what he's saying. I don't think he's a diva at all. He just doesn't want only to be a defender. G-league can develop his game on both ends of the floor.

#25 saleem, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  6. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Here we go with toxic negativity. Rockets fan disrespect their players and then don't understand why players don't want to come here. The fans aren't the main reason but sheesh, fan bases like Toronto and SA make HOU look cancerous.

7. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Pretty shocking he's making these demands bit after listening to his reasoning and not having an emotional negative reaction like alot of these comments I'm seeing, my understanding is overseas ball is kind of like micromnanaging college ball where the coaches have too much dictator impact on the games. Actually it's low key calling out the style of overseas ball which is great insight. Coaches can't constrict effort which is why he dominated with defensive intensity and did the best he could with the role the coach gave him.

Kudos to Garuba but we have Green, Wood, KPJr, John Wall and Sengun and Gordon and Christopher, I just don't see how he can get many touches.

aaquaa and burlesk like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Glad he wants the ball more. Now go out and show you deserve it...

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Not sure on that actually...

aaquaa, Drift Monkey, NewAge and 3 others like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Superstars not wanting to come to Houston has nothing to do with the fanbase and very much to do with the fact that we are not LA, Miami, or some other team that are either a bona fide finals contender or located in a highly desirable city.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

pick and roll playmaker? He’s so young he can still learn to shoot an elbow jumper

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clutchfans loves to hate and ponce on everything. All I read in these statements is confidence in his ability to help the team and wanting to get better. Everything Garuba says makes me excited for someone that just wants to hoop. This dude got off a flight and just wanted to play even though he was jet-lagged. In every interview he tells you when he has had a bad game and how he needs to improve.

This doesn't mean he wants the ball like Kobe, or run the offense the way Draymond does, or wants to shoot like Klay Thompson. chill out.

During summer league he was calling for the ball at the top of the key because he knew the person to pass it to for buckets not because he wanted to shoot. This is what I think he means by he wants the ball more; to initiate offense where he can.

aaquaa, Nook, D-rock and 10 others like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

draymond green and there definitely nothing wrong with that

aaquaa, D-rock, saleem and 3 others like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is an "I" in DESTINY.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As long as he keeps making those quick swing passes to the open man, I have no issues with this. Quick swing passes make any offensive system devastating.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is ambitious.... it is obvious listening to him talk, He studies film of NBA players that have similar games to his, he has said that he picks the brains of coaches and assistant coaches at different levels. He is known as a hard worker as well and he has goals. I don't think he is being arrogant or saying anything that is a negative.

He does need to work on his offensive game, he will never be a go to player on the offensive end, but he can improve to the point of not being a liability. He is a solid passer, he can set picks and has the potential to possibly become a good spot shooter. I don't expect him to ever put the ball on the floor and create (he thinks he will) but I like the fact that he works hard and is smart.

17. Denovo

Denovo Member

I like this mentality. He has the desire to improve.

If he can become Draymond esque and at bare minimum hit the corner 3, he’ll be a key starter for us for a long time.

I like what I saw from him Playmaking wise in the open court.

aaquaa, DreamShook, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd be thrilled if he can be a better version of Chuck Hayes. Tough, smart on defense. High IQ on offense albeit not very talented.

Chuck was a great passer from the high post and knew when and how to sneak to the basket for an easy layup.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member