1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Athlete explains why he’s transferring over vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 26, 2021.

?

The needs of the many

1. Outweigh the needs of the few

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Khan !!!!!!!

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

Biden made the vaccine accessible to every American 4 months ahead of schedule and offered free uber and lyft rides LOL. Poverty and hunger is at the lowest rates then they have ever been in us history. Economy is strong and stock market is at all time highs but sure hes doing such a shitty job bcz anti vaxxers are dragging this pandemic longer then it should've been.

Biden is the first president to rip off the bandaid on Afghanistan. He could've easily sent more troops and nobody would even talk about it or question it. He took the hard way and made a courageous decision that he knew was tough. Thats true leadreship and something you trumpers wouldnt know anything about.

Xenon, mdrowe00 and DaDakota like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Hakeem only won because Jordan was on vacation.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t let the boss hear that
    He’s 10000000000000000x the Hakeem fan that I am
    And I would throw fake fans off the plane mid flight

[​IMG]

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I spent college watching Vietnamese classmates in black dress shirts carry their custom pool cues to the UC arcade, while I was watching first runs of Titus, Becker and Martial Law and wondering which credit analyst, energy trading and retail buyer internships they would out-interview me for as MIS majors.

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Yo Mtv raps is the show for the 90s
    That’s why we are so smart

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yo and any other cable was only available on bi-weekly custodial visits, and only because Brown & Root dad needed to still catch championship fights post Tyson/Spinks, and I was trying to catch as much TMNT and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures as the competing Saturday morning time slot would allow, so every once in a while big brother would kick me in the stomach to get a channel change. I guess "I'm the Magnificent", "I Can Beat Mike Tyson" and "La Raza" were better the 157h time around.

I was doing belly crawls out to the living room at 2 in the morning to catch Pump it Up on Fox 26, St. Ides commercials were like those Revlon ads during SNL with the Technotronic song ("shay tha baaah-dee, bum-bum, bum-bum-bum"), played on every commercial break.

#46 Dairy Ashford, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Wilt
    Kareem
    Hakeem

tinny knows it's true. Doesn't make #34 any less awesome.

Andre0087 likes this.
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Recent studies indicate...he's right. There was a recent study showing that having had COVID previously infers MUCH greater immunity than either fo the vaccines. So, he is actually much LESS likely to either get, or transmit, COVID than any of those who got vaccinated. So, given that..why SHOULD he be forced to get it? These absolutely NO scientific reason for it, so he's basically being told 'inject this into your body, and take the associated risks (however minor) of that, just because we say so, even though you don't actually need it at all.'

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ok...come up with ONE scientific reason people like him should have to get it, since we KNOW he is MUCH less likely to get, or transmit, COVID than those who are vaccinated.

FWIW, it is ridiculous, and COMPLETELY beyond their jurisdiction, for companies to require it. Companies have no business dictating personal health decisions. Your willingness to cede to totalitarianism shouldn't mean others have to...and frankly, you should be profoundly grateful others aren't. You wouldn't like the world you so ardently advocate for.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't agree with it, but the current ultra conservative SCOTUS gives private corporations a huge amount of leeway into the powers they have to do what they want with their own property and employees, from free speech, to regulating platforms, to who can sue, to what you can require of your own employees. Been taking a few weeks off from my usual federal courts following hobby, but it's most likely going to continue the trend of rulings in favor of corporations, stating that employees have the right to quit.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I know people who got the vaccine and who didn’t
    The people I know who are athletes aka rowing instructors etc didn’t get vaccinated and got covid
    Nothing happened to them.
    Also it’s not the vaccine, there are 3. I got the best one based on studies , Moderna. Most of the breakthrough are Johnson and Johnson
    Again
    Hate to spoil the false narrative that politics is the main factor for making deductions
    But it’s true
    There are way more of us, non politically influenced than these lemmings who watch cable news religiously

I’ll give you an example . Would you make a $100 bet on a basketball game because Stephen A Smith likes that team?
    Hell no
    People on tv are there to make money
    It’s simple . The only thing that people watch that’s not opinionated is the weather
    That’s why they hire good looking women now for meteorologists
    Notice no fat news people
    The more the idiots here point left or right the center just says f them all

#51 tinman, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Me either, and it should be the OPPOSITE they are doing.

IF it affects the corporation, then can see it. With everyone working remotely...doesn't really impact them. I guess from a marketing perspective, but that starts down a REALLY slippery slope. REALLY REALLY slippery. Where exactly would that stop? Isn't it essentially discrimination? Is discrimination ok now, and if so, when did that happen??

I could see it more with insurance companies raising premiums, as it could impact them. That could then roll down through the company, and would make more sense. But companies just dictating personal health decisions of their employees? Could they dictate abortions (as pregnancy takes people off the job, which negatively impacts them)? You can see how slippery this slope can become (and I'm not one that usually likes slippery slope arguments, but this one is a doozy).

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If he can prove he had it, I might be more sympathetic to his cause.

But it's not like he's gonna die from a shot he's already been affected with, so he is exercising his rights just like the college is.

They lose productivity days, a possible shutdown at the office, plus an overall headache with the insurance companies.

Ofc, there's also that 2% chance some dipshit kills their coworkers out of self-centered ignorance.

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Same with the regular flu. Any of them mandating that? No. How bout any of the multitude of other things that would fit that description? No again.

It's really a political stance. Are we ok with that kind of discrimination, impacting people's income?

Why SCOTUS is ok with it is beyond me. Seems to get back to the also ridiculous concept that companies are people.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Covid is not an abnormal flu. It's an entirely new strain our bodies haven't fought before. That means it's a crapshoot in term of what happens when you get it. Most people recover, but a good percentage more than the flu end up in hospitals.

https://medicine.yale.edu/coved/modules/covid/challenge2/

I get the whole thing about wanting life to return to normal, in fact, that's what people are doing now to contribute to the largest hospitalization rate for the under 50 group.

I don't know why it's become an argument about choice when these numbers and facts have to be posted over and over again.

What exactly is "informed consent"? Emma Sue on FB claims she got bad reactions to vaccine and that anecdote as valid as drugs now approved by the FDA? Oh, I've seen that Indiana Doctor "Disproving Science". I even have the coupon to buy his quack vitamins in bulk for a discount.

What then...we shift the debate to "elitism" between mouthbreathers agin Ivory Tower College Grads?

The bottomline is that Covid is crazy contagious, our hospital system is already at capacity where some areas are strained, and despite it all we assume we'll be "taken care of" just because everyone is sick of being "locked up" with their livelihood on the line.

I just don't know where to begin...some assholes won't even accept their responsibility in agency and get the full dosage, let alone not want to mask or do anything to reduce the spread of disease.

They think they're so pure, clean, or above it all with the Mean Government and Liberal Influencers keeping them down to control them.

What ****ery is it when they are the problem and reason as to why there's no end in sight to these lockdowns?

P.S. I have nothing against you or your choices, but I obviously got worked up over the whole issue in general.

#56 Invisible Fan, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

oil companies are now requiring personnel who work on offshore platforms or travel internationally to get vaccinated. They have every business dictating this. It is in fact their core, basic business that they are protecting by requiring this.

I don’t know if airlines are doing it, but if they did, same thing.

hospitals, same thing.

how is this difficult to understand. I actually want to know.

18. Invisible Fan

BTW these some of these political-not-political arguments are a matter of principle.

It's not about economics or availability because these vaccines are mostly free and already paid for by the same government that its people both distrust and expect to protect them.

If these shots were 200 bucks a pop, you bet the tune would change because it's some ****ed up measure to "one up" over others and prove they're the superior hardworking earner.

#58 Invisible Fan, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. All the whining about how put upon they are by being required to get a vaccine, when for decades getting a vaccine for several different diseases was required to get into a university. The only, only difference being the vaccine for Covid-19, now approved by the FDA for use by the general population and free to get at a drugstore, has been heavily politicized. That's it. Politics.

That people can be that ****ing stupid, to let politics threaten not only themselves, but those they love and care about, just blows my mind. The vast majority of those that are dying and being wheeled out on a stretcher, or alone in an ICU fighting for their lives and filling our hospitals from the Delta variant, are the unvaccinated.

Hell, the reason Covid-19 is mutating into different, more dangerous strains like the Delta variant is due to all the unvaccinated allowing it to spread. Those people are literally preventing getting the virus under control.

#59 Deckard, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol
    It’s athletes
    They aren’t regular people Deck

@Os Trigonum