1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] 2021 free agency news thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Aug 1, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you are saying Harden doesnt have beef with Cp3 but they dont talk just for the kick of it? Harden has said "he knows what he needed to do" and when the trade happened he said he is excited and cant wait to win a championship with his BFF.

Tillman forced the trade but that because that what Harden wanted. Are yiu saying Harden didnt want Cp3 traded? He was the one who pushed for it if Harden had no involvement in getting Cp3 traded can you explain why they arent talking? Just cuz Harden is ok with Cp3 getting traded doesnt mean he didnt want Cp3 gone if there was a chance. I told you there is no way to get WB if you dont trade Cp3. Wanting WB is the same as wanting Cp3 gone its not possible otherwise.

You are telling me Harden doesnt talk to Cp3, didnt vibe with him, clash with him multiple times, slapped his hand away but oh wait he didnt want Cp3 traded all along? Are you saying Harden was surprised and taken aback when Cp3 got shipped out for his bff WB???? How d hell would Cp3 and Harden do a sit down when they arent even talking and Harden stabbed Cp3 in the back by getting him traded?

I'm defending Tillman because you are making it everything that went wrong was due to him and refusing to give him credit for positive things he has done.

Here is something you should know: Fertita is the Rockets and the Rockets is Fertita. Fertita owns the Rox and if you look at Rockets key executives all of them started in 2019-2020. The Rox now have Fertita's stamp all over it so if you can't stand Fertita go follow the Sixers.

I dont understand why people like y'all hate the owner but keep hanging around his franchise. It's like saying you hate Mark Cuban but you get front row seats at every Dallas Mavericks game.

#741 roslolian, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

You're making assumptions based on bias and dislike of Harden because Harden doesn't call for CP3's daughter's bday. People have literally linked articles with Tilfart admitting he forced front office to make a trade which is a fact. We hate the owner based on various cost cutting moves that ruined a championship team that was a hamstring away and just two years later was by far the worst team in the league. That's not even including his long history of how he runs his businesses outside of the Rockets.

Only good thing we can truly claim is that he seems to have made a great hire with Stone but only time will tell.

YOLO and RHU525 like this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You are making a huge assumption again. After we lost to the Warriors Harden said he knew what we needed to do but at that point in time Westbrook wasn't even on the trade block. That PG13 trade came out of nowhere and caught everyone off guard. No one has a clue what Harden meant.

Harden and Paul got into it on the court all the time. But mostly having to do with Paul's inability in his second year to score or get points due to injury. What you fail to realize is sure Harden is partly to blame for wanted to play with his friend or bringing the trade to the Rockets? But the team was done long before that trade even happened because of all the piss poor moves we made prior.

Woulda been easy to bring in Westbrook when he asked to be traded. Not like the Thunder wanted CP3. If Tillman woulda paid up a sign and trade of Iman Shumpert and the firsts we sent probably coulda done it. Honestly we coulda paid less by not attaching CP3 contracts. Or if we needed to throw in EG. Plenty of avenues to improve the team that was 1 hamstring and 1 game away from the finals but instead we downgraded at every position.

If your James Harden and you averaged over 40 points and dragged your crappy team from 13 seed all way up to 4 with basically no help, wouldn't you be upset. Literally he was starting with dudes off the street every game.

And we don't get to choose who the owner is and we have been fans long before Tillman bought the Rockets. Basically grew up in Houston and still live in Houston. Not like I chose my team, I root for our city..

Nook and clos4life like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you know how the salary cap works? Iman shumpert and firsts for 41M of WB salary? Thats why you blaming Fertita you dont know how trades work in the NBA.

Of course you can choose your team. Why you think Lakers are the most popular team in the US? It aint because LA is the most populous city in the world. You think every bball fan in Minny loves the Twolves? Cmon man.

If Harden was starting with dudes on the street thats because of the Gm and not Fertita. Fertita signs the checks Morey picks the players. We had capspace in 2018 Morey blew it on Anderson and EG. Traded picks for Ty Lawson and Ty Lue, and then traded half the team and 3 FRP for 1 season of Cp3 before signing him to a 4 yr max deal a year later. You realize how many assets we could have had if Morey waited 1 yr to sign Cp3 in free agency?

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Of course I know how salary cap works. We had Shumpert bird rights and you only have to match up to a certain percentage of Westbrook's contract. We could go over the cap to resign him and depending on how much Tax Tillman was willing to pay Shumpert We would throw in EGO if necessary. And some salary fillers. If we had Ariza or Anderson woulda been easy to match, or if we just used all the trade exceptions we had in separate deals we coulda matched the salary.

Now your being crazy. Cuz we didn't have the cap space to sign CP3...

So the reason Danuel House got sent down to the g league after playing well for 1 million dollars is because our GM didn't know what he was doing?? Explain the Danuel House situation to me with something other than Tillman being cheap. I'm listening .

Your crazy I said before I was a fan long before Tillman why would I change my fandom all of sudden cuz he bought the team. Even if he sucks.

#745 RHU525, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you want to be reminded how fortunate we are to be Rockets fans, go give the Locked On Bulls podcast a listen. Their reaction to this trade is insane. They are absolutely over the moon about this trade. And I get that if you've given up on Lauri Markkenen then it's a win to get anything back in return rather than letting him walk for nothing, but my god, they are celebrating it the way we celebrated getting James Harden. It's wild. And it's just because their team has been so poorly ran for so long that they can't believe they actually won a trade. They are literally excited about Derrick Jones Jr even. I feel so bad for them.

Of course, I don't feel as bad for them as I do the Cavs. Go give their Locked On Podcast a listen too. They sound like they should be put on suicide watch.

#746 Williamson, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Cleveland really blew this trade. Nance is extremely undervalued. Would love to have him on the Rockets.

amaru, xiki, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't care about them giving Nance Jr away. They aren't going anywhere and he deserves a shot to contribute to a team that can actually use him to win games. But pretty much everything else about that trade was wrong on every level for the Cavs.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It worked out great for Nance

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Shumpert makes 8M and WB makes 41M. Rox are capped how the hell does that trade even make any sense in your brain? If its so easy to match then make a trade machine trade right now since its so easy to do. Go ahead make a trade proposal that would result in Cp3, WB and Harden all on the same team.

From what I can see you dont understand anything just wanna look for a scape goat to blame for the Harden era ending in failure.

The GM aka Morey ended up signing House to a 3 yr deal. What exactly are you complaining aboiut how House was treated? It worked, in fact it worked tok well House got exposed for not being good enough for even 3M a year, the Rox are trying to get rid of him right now.

You are the one who keeps saying he is the worst owner ever and you cant stand him. Im just saying if you really hate him so much then dont follow the Rox nobody is forcing you to do so. It dont make sense to me if I ate at Mcdonalds my entire life and suddenly when I open my big mac there is a pile of **** where the meat should be guess what I'm not coming back.

You claim you hate Tillman but you keep lapping up that **** sandwich keep coming back everyday and think about him all the time. You the fertita fan here not me.

#750 roslolian, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not according to these other posters Rockets the most wretched franchise ever since Tillman came. They'd rather have Dolan and Gilbert run teams rather than Tillman loke what I saw in that other thread lmao.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Shumpert as a 10 year vet coulda been signed and traded to OKC. He was a free agent that year and we had his bird rights. The maximum salary for a 10 year player is 30 million. If Tillman wanted to spend he coulda signed Shumpert to a 30 million dollar deal and sent out like 5 million in contracts to max Westbrook because we can't take back 125%. Sounds like you are the one that doesn't understand salary caps... Easily. Honestly with the way Morey worked the cap he coulda done some incentive based contract or non guaranteed deal, and it wouldn't even have cost us 4 first rounders for Westbrook...

Do you not remember the House situation? We needed him he was playing well but instead his 2-way contract was up and they sent him back to the g-league for 2 months over not wanting to pay luxury tax.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

15. raining threes

That team had its run and it was time to rebuild. Yes, I wish Tilman had spent money when he could have.

I'm more excited than I have been in a longtime after seeing the young guys in the SL. Are they going to make the playoffs next yr? Probably not. Have they built a solid foundation for the future and still have many more assets to continue to build the team with? Yes, They have quickly built a young exciting team that will grow together. Stone did an amazing job rebuilding this team from the ashes Morey (Who I liked) and Herden (Who I liked) left the state of this franchise in.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

#756 DeBeards, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Cavs trying to challenge Nuggets for tallest lineup?

don grahamleone, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Interesting, you'd figure he'd just want to play out his contract on the favorites to win a ring. So much was made about him being friends with KD, there must be some sort of conflict for them to mutually have interest in a buyout.

He's still a serviceable backup big who can play the old man Tyson Chandler / Marcus Camby role for years

jch1911, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Cavs gonna present a horrible 'Big Ball Lineup of Death' in ciming season

jch1911 likes this.
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

He might try to take a break n spend a half season figuring out who gonna be championship caliber of 2021-2022, n join that team half way.