1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It would be idiotic of those franchises to do that. Out of that list Lance is the only potential young franchise QB.
    The others are meh at best, Darnold could be something away from Gase, like Tannehill, but that’s yet to be seen.

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Because Watson is clearly a top five qb. He’s a winner and I have no doubt he’ll make any team a super bowl contender for the next 10-12 years.

It’s too early to say if lance, Wilson, fields will be good. It’s only preseason.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s a top 5 QB for sure, but he isn’t an established winner…..yet.
    And honestly, his choices off the field show that he might not have the right type of mindset to be a top 5 QB long term.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But, going back to your statement that started our conversation, you are wanting a young franchise QB in return (as part of a bigger package of course) for Watson. While I would also like to see that kind of return (because who wouldn't want to trade on franchise QB for another franchise QB) I don't see how any team out there is going to give up any legit QB to obtain Watson and the chaos that's surrounding him right now. At the very best, you're going to get a young QB prospect like a Tua or a Hurts but you won't get back a "young franchise QB" like a Herbert or a Lawrence or a Burrow. That's the point I was trying to make--the teams that would/could trade for Watson don't have that bona fide franchise QB you're wanting. So, in lieu of a "young franchise QB", the Texans are more likely to receive a young QB with potential/risk along with picks.

HTXSportsAddict and tierre_brown like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I know how much you liked those guys! They look good too. (almost as good as Justin Fields ;)) j/k

If Davis is not the guy then they need to go draft him. Not sure Im down with some of the guys who have been mentioned in a realistic proposal.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, Fields has looked good. Wilson has looked better. The arm talent is too eerily similar to Mahomes. The movement and throwing.
    But….. would take Wilson, Lance, Fields or Lawrence straight up for Watson. Probably in that order.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

for sure especially since its over here for Watson, but those teams are not parting ways with their new toys yet. We will have to go draft another one of those franchise guys to mold and hope to be as impactful as the new crop of QBs looks to be.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, honestly hope Mills is that guy. Not likely but his physical profile is better than anyone else in next years draft right now.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He needs reps. Im not going to be hasty in admonishing him yet, he has his WTF moments and his WOW moments. I like his stature for the position and the guy has a strong arm and seems very cerebral in the pocket. The guys coming out next year seem smallish (6'0 - 6'1 guys) and maybe thats where the position is evolving, but that seems extra short to me. I'd really like my signal caller to be at least 6'3, but that may be a misguided personal desire in the modern game.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, I want at least 6’2 as well.
    Mills has the size, arm and the athleticism to be a new age QB. It’s all about how it translates to actually playing. Some of the throws he’s made on the run outside of the pocket and when he’s had to move within the pocket have been good.
    He’s also had some what in the hell was that moments.

raining threes and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just our luck when it looks like we might be players for another franchise QB via draft we get a "subpar" crop of players. I like Howell and Rattler and that guy from Liberty (name evades me) but they are smallish type players. It would probably make me feel fine with skipping on them to develop Mills fo another year and take the best defender in the draft if we happen to pick #1 like most people think we will. Maybe 2023 has better blue chips coming out?

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Not al all, Lock was the starting QB last year because he had Driskel as a backup QB, and now he was supposed to be the starter but lost to Teddy Bridgewater.
    Hurts has shown more promise in the last 5 games last season, than Tua all season.
    And Darnold, lets wait if his bad playing was because of the Jets.

eric.81 likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Watson is going to be traded this season, it would have to be next week. There is an extra week before the season starts and there will be a lot of player movement. This would be the time. Otherwise, I guess he is sitting out the season (probably with a made up injury).

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hurts is not a QB, I want the kid to be good being a local boy but he ain’t it

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. HTXSportsAddict

[​IMG]

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

My thoughts exactly…the only thing I can think of though is what teams are realistically going to pull off a trade for Watson?

Miami or Philly?

Is there a dark horse team out there?

17. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Patriots

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

History has a cruel way of repeating itself

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Mac Jones
    Gilmore
    Harry
    Picks

While I am very very high on Mac Jones I don’t think that package is enough and I really don’t like the idea of trading Watson to the Pats.

raining threes and GOOGOOMECHUCK like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Watson and the Pats owner could compare notes on best spas.