1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Tilman Fertitta: Finally an owner who cares

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Jalen Green OnlyFan

He usually posts facts. He just makes really loose inferences from them and doesn’t respond to counter points in relevant ways lol

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CD's impact on the Houston Rockets franchise is just about comparable with anyone's.

saleem, Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Wait they are still using the same facility from that ugly practice facility from that post 3 year ago?

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

[​IMG]

vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

Bro, do NOT quote Tilman ferttita saying the same thing about his own facilities, as usual talked early without any delivery

"
    “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities."

they call his actual quotes-Narratives and haters. Why should he spend 100 million just bc small market owners are, I need to hire Mckinsey Consulting group to show me that the margins add up financially. Hell I hate that he spent 2 billion on this team and just want him to get that money back, thats true rockets fandom. When he delivers patrick' new starter yacht so they don't embarassingly have to share in the french riviera(where he bragged about pushing through the westbrook trade), tilman just make heart beat and he is the Houton Rockets. Not the players, not the coach. This gig is about Savings! thats why the nba is a cheap league, right...right? But lets face itw inning on a budget just feels more rewarding. Just wish the players would pick up their bootstraps and understand what a step on your throat culture is. We'd have a title by now if we just listened to that quote.
    Shut up and Listen...changed my life, always looking for that 5 percent

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty soon, someone needs to create a Tilman Fertitta thread like the Lin thread so that all the hate and counter-hate can talk smack in there all they want. It gets tiresome when something is repeated again and again back and forth.

Same for Harden.

harold bingo, YOLO, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you insinuating Tilman did it, then he funds the investigation to distract the investigators from the fact that he did it?

Salvy likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Season hasn't started yet, pretty sure it will die down when the rookies play.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No but why he showed up
    I’m happy he’s offering a reward

Newbs don’t know anything about the Rockets owners

they don’t Charlie Thomas
    They mad at Tilman but who feasted on high student debt ? Les

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

You absolutely love Tilman, he gives you reason to come on Clutchfans and police anything good Tilman does by spamming chapters of opinion and the same videos and images over and over again... Sorry to break it to ya, you LOVE Tilman...

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Evil twin “Kilman” :D

or maybe his nothing brother Nilman :cool:

#51 heypartner, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

After all that talking and therapy, you finally get me.
    I do not hate tilman. I want tilman to Suceed...as mentioned, if we're holding the Larry O trophy, he pays or does his share finally this time around as thats literally all owners offer, finances when it matters and is failry replaceable given there is a line to get into the nba 30 club. Then ill be giving him a standing ovation and you can enjoy it...and same thing goes for any member of the rockets. they are all just partof hte puzzle, thats why tis comical for me to see people litearlly love the guy to where they jump loops to find defenses and alternative angles that literally dispute his own quotes

you are on here making fun of practice facilities but wont acknowledge that tilman himself said in 2017 that ours were trash and not upto par to compete with the rest of the league...it goes on, I use a lot of quotes, I use a lot of his own quotes..but just crickets for the actual content...

Same goes for HArden when he won't D up or is lethargic, same goes for MDA when he needs to be told to make adjustments and focus on D. Westbrook, love the guy, but we all know its where do you get started with his decision making, its just what you do. We objectively see what will take us closer and thats the same with the owner. You are very outspoken to call someo mf the plpayers or coaches who suck, and its fair when they suck, but man if the owner comes theres 4/5 here who just scream and cry victim hood almost as if they were ferntit employees or family bc that **** doesnt help our team, it hurts our team, hurts our rep when our owner lies about things to the public, hurts our rep when we don't back up and stay on par with the rest of the league, but it helps the owners pockets and sadly thats seems to be yalls first perspective. As mentioned, I don't mind it but it makes for good offseason amusement how anyone likes and runs for the rockets and then stans for the owner...but somewhere out there are people who are saying Mcnairs just being a tough businessman too...

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

There are people who actually want to defend Fertitta?

DonatelloLimestone and HP3 like this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tilman did talk about training facility, I'm sure it will happen but I don't think its as important if at all for the development of the team or that it can possibly even add any kind of success. I'm sure Tilman want the team, and facilities to be up there with any in the league. I don't think its forgotten, its just not as important as the $hitstorm Harden, MDA and Morey caused last year.... With time as Green and KPJ trend up we will start to see more things happen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DonatelloLimestone

So once again, tilman himself said specifically the facility was 'bad' hes visited others, and we aren't competitive

other players have tlaked abotu thedifference betwen an owner who focuses on details, invest in our team, vs someone whose cheap...and frankly in human nature to have an evnrionment is just more conducive to winnning...you may see that as a luxury but when the competition of all the other teams, both poor and rich have done that, then we fall behind...not just in players but developmental staff, infrastructure. Spurs are the first one s to have a dedicated shooting coach, and nutritionish for every player read...sixers have their own restaurant to keep players in house...and as we saw all these organization are investing in facilities just like how now dleague players make 200k, nba has an Africa program...the GAME IS GROWING.
    And we're falling behind, nad the dude himself has said he would do it and its important 4 years ago...crickets since then but now you're saying its not important, literally going against your Jesus? So now hes wrong but in his defense? Cmon.

Harden, MDA, Morey all fell short...but look at hte dominos, while other teams were allowing tax in that window we had a no 1 seed that cheaped out each year...that sent picks both first and 2nds for saving, and a guy who noegotiaed and lied about contracts and other things. you'd have to literally find one or two sterling/dolan type of owneers who pull that stuff, you can't see it anywhere outsid of the worst. The guy dropped the ball man, its ok to admit he oversold and under delivered...it wasan't an 'accident' that we included a first round pick for no basketball reasons except money when the rest of the league is going all in and hte moeny and tv deal is only getting more expensive...that means woods, tate, kmj are all going to get theirs soon too so I hope you're right

thats what I eman, he ****ed up. Now he has a second chance bc of stone's late finds where we can watch kpj and green flourish, but in 5 years they will be up for their next extention and if tilman pulls the same stuff, paying the headliners who generate revenue and then skmiping and cheaping on the margins. Then we will lose green to all the betterfranchises and opportunies bc the culmination of their life in the nba is short, very short and they know that and players have more power then ever...thats abotu to continue to grow.

I hope he does, really do. but he has been a **** show so far and for some reason you guys are scared to even say it while you pile on guys who actually put on our jersey and have done historic things basically only surpassed by hakeem the greatest rocket ever, thatst one guy in front of him in results. thats it. thats with a team that was cheapnein out on him, guss what...hakeem would've left too. just like kobe, lebron, mj....

you tell me if you have one offer from philly in houston to be the gm. One guy says I'm going to publicly lie that you have a blank check to win, I'm going to make your job harder by inserting myself both in coaches negotatiations(caught lying) and even the westbrook trade(called his basketball team weak and said he had to push it through) and then on top of that you have to answer to my out of college kid.

Then in Philly, the owner says here the check. go win, its your responsiblity win or lose, and no you don't have to talk to my child every day.

If you choose the first, you're a sucker. And thats why they all left, with offers of 100 million for your cutlure killer harden who tilman disparaged for himself, and then offer 100 million to beg to stay but also said his culture is terrible...is that making a sense or are you finally going to see the guy just bold face lies and for some reason you guys bend over and say its ok, he didn't mean to lie, f u players and coaches. lol

but yea, I hope you're right and I do believe he can cchange like sarver, but hes gotta at least know that lying and misleading the fan base ain't right/cool or a good look around hte league. WE have a great city ,franchise, history...this isn't defined by one man no matter what you think, hes gotta step up and respect the rockets legacy that is bigger than him, any player, any owner. I hope he gets it right next time and then he can talk and picture himself elsewhere...hell be the dude holding the larry o trophy, hell bea local legend, nad if it means rockets go back to the finals and get that chip. I hope it happens like hell and ill be standing ovation my ass off that day

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ferntits new crime fighting SPAC.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just like there are people who want to defend Jeremy Lin. :D

18. HP3

HP3 Member

You know what nvm.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He really didn't spend a damn thing .... it's a 100% tax write off.

hakeem94 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

"Chris Rock: 'If Poor People Knew How Rich Rich People Are, There Would Be Riots'"

This. People don't see that you can probably write off so much 'development' for your company, its been lobbied beyond.
    Under the last tax change, yes that entire private jet we bougth was a write off...100%, you can look this up in the tax code.
    There are ccreative ways he can do this, and I'd imagine most teams are using this, so its hard to understand why he still nickle and dimes. hes done great with UH, they essentialyl gave him full control of the baord, chnged rules, he did his tilman thing but built a better program. its also more in his preferred range of probably paying way less and being entirely a tax write off