1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Finally an owner who cares

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where’s the reward for the two stolen nba championship trophies from Houston?
    @J.R.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I realize it was a big story, but not everyone watches the news. There may be people on this board who hadn’t heard about it. Any way you can reach additional people and make them aware of it is a good thing.

HTXSportsAddict and Salvy like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

God job tilly...almost as if we'll give respect when you do it right, you can still blow smoke and talk yourself up then you desreve it, bc you backed it up...and when you don't-even if you lie to their faces lke some odd abusive relationship, youll have about 4/5 people on here lol who will still boot lick

but this ones good, keep it up. Good job tilly, helping take that **** out of houston

hakeem94, tycoonchip and wlekfjv923n like this.
  4. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

lol come on man

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tilman does a good thing by reaching out not only via twitter to many people who did not know about this pos criminal but via his wallet and people will still find a side that in their eyes make him look bad...

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly! What a way to make it about himself…why does money always come with a huge ego that needs to be stroked?! Who cares that you put up some money, unnecessary to be flaunting like that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Let’s go get them

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

we out here saying good job tilman, almost as if when he does osmething good and sincere we'll give credit. And this was good, good for our city, bold, impactful...this is good leadership, he can talk and brag about it, no problem beceause its warranted. And when he lies and bullshits and sells, we call it out. Almst like we're quoting his exact quotes in the past or transaction and not just 'hating' on him, bc here hes in the right and I'm happy to see it
    I'll tell you what, if we get this chip and he does right by jalen green and spends in our next window, I'll be standing ovation at Toyota Center when he lifts up Larry O'brien. 100.

But I know that doesnt fit your victimhood narrative, so it is what it is.

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I think we should take that Carroll Dawson jersey away from the rafters.

Watch Keith Jones and our equipment manager get one too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Are you aware that you seem a little obsessed? I rarely see a post from you that isn't a "Tilman is cheap" rant, like seriously. And no, before you try that tired lame routine, I am not defending Tilman or a Tilman only fan; I just think somebody should let you know that you're looking like his ex wife or something with this level of obsession/vitriol.

hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  11. jjc1

jjc1 Member

When I saw this tweet I immediately look up who owns Grotto, and of course its Landry's. I wonder if Tillman would still contribute these funds if the crime didn't take place at one of his restaurants.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Does it matter?

13. DonatelloLimestone

I just respond with facts, tell me where Idon't cite his actual quotes and transactions. Its like if someone here saidHarden is a leader adn a committeddefender, people would call out that boldface lie. Thats all it is.

As I said in another post, if tilman pays up in our next window, stops lying to fans, hurting our franchise...I'm going to beat TC giving him a standing ovation for bringin the Larry O'brien at home

but you do realize this is a message board, dudes here have thousands and thousands ofpost...we came here to discuss the rockets and then we are also in a transition where we went from 1 seed to last seed...I'm also a ticket holder for years now, before tilman and had gone to games before les...the guy raised prices, lied to our face...in what business is that fine?

Its like people here talking about harden rightfully so in his criticisms and I do see the bad with the good and people's response is are you obseessed is he rent free? ITs just facts. I get on here to talk basketball **** bc the bars the games aren't the same this year and I love just talking **** about the rockets. I enjoyed talking **** about mda's lack of adjustments, how we can get better. I am definitely obsessed and love this team, thats before tilly, thats before les. I never had an issue listing les losing my trust in not just his china hadnling, but he was cheap and only paid tax once(which I Thought was bad, but now it got worse), and then worst offense to me is hakeem wearing a raptors jersey...just call em all out, but if somone is changing the narrative and bold face lying be it tilman, harden, or some poster here...its fine to call em out

and if you're response is some anyonymousdude on the internet thinks me responding to a rewriting of history is obsessed...some how II'll just have to live with it, but hey if its not welcome, you are right I'm new here and bro as I said been with the Red/mustard before all this and when season starts if I'm able to get back and healthy to the arena, thats really all I Want when it comes to my rockets loyalty and fan dom. You can do as you please, you can take it how ya want. I'm not sensitive about it man, get this is all BSing around, but my friends and I talk this kindof **** and argue too, no one gets all butt hurt if we present facts or have a strong take like a few other dudes on here when it comes to one guy.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I stopped reading here.... The first statement you make is a lie....

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

@J.R.

yeah to the newbs
    Guess who owns that restaurant where the crime happened ?

MettaWorldPete, hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

It has already been known that Tilman owns the Grotto
    Since the beginning of time

This isn’t Les Alexander where nobody knows what he did before he got the Rockets
    @Jontro

… student loans and Wall Street bonds

HTXSportsAddict, hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

@jjc1

Hey I think tilman has been just a sleazy owner with terrible PR instincts, heres another example of what he and his company thought was slick PR...I guess you be the judge. But frankly in this case, he can toot his own horn. Just like no one had a porblem with him saying hell do whatever it takes and spend tax, we had a problem with him lying. In this case, he committed his money when he didn't have to. I know how tax incentives work, and I STILL think this is a strong, good gesture that will help our city, so I'm all for it. When you back it up, you can talk ****, so in this case. go for it t***.

"
    As we walked down one corridor, he stopped to stare at a section of the wall paneling.

“Jeff, I think this is wrong. It’s not like it is downstairs.”

He pulled a rubber-banded roll of cash and credit cards out of his pocket, slid out a black American Express card, and placed it against the panel.

“It looks about a sixteenth of an inch off,” he told Cantwell, who nodded in agreement.

Was this being staged for my benefit? Can the human eye actually detect such a minuscule discrepancy? Whether or not it was a put-on, the message was clear: Fertitta cares about the little things."

18. DonatelloLimestone

"“We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities."
    "

Just quotes brotha...unfortunately our owner has a tendency of volunteering to goto the press...and lying...often putting his foot in his mouth be it with negotiations with MDA(I'm down with replacing him, but the way tilman did it...find another instance of an owne going to the press and then misrepresenting an offer)https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets
    Or telling fans hell do whatever it takes while trading a first round pick for savings only he sees then saying, whoops that was an accident, who did that?https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...houston-getting-under-luxury-tax-was-a-fluke/

List goes on and on, yea i just cite his actual transactions, actual quotes. IF you guys can't handle that, you guys being like 4 dudes who circle jerk around the owner, then i'll live with that some how, although I love you @tinman

Nook likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

The dude you are responding to has an account that's only a couple weeks older than yours, that dude is new here too. Just do what you want man. Dont worry about it.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

People in Houston know the restaurants Tilman owns
    People in Boston don’t