1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean you don't have to go too far back and see what posts people have replied to. You shouldn't be acting that clueless. I really couldn't care less what your feelings are about this. But when you're complaining about people ******** on you acting like there's no reason to well, that's where you need to look yourself in the mirror rather than play victim

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I work in healthcare. This isn't a low-blow. It's reality. You keep pointing that gun at your head, you're going to get the bullet, eventually.

Your narrative is dictated by your social habits, which are predicated on being in public places. If you had no reason to go out to eat, drink or socialize, would this be what you are preaching? I think this type of apologetic rationalization is what a lot of people are doing. They miss other people, so they dismiss the facts and latch on to the bullshit rhetoric.

Your health habits are those of a single 21yo, but without the built-in resilience of a 21yo. You aren't invulnerable. Take care of yourself. I'd hate to lose such a colorful personality in this world.

ElPigto, TWS1986, RocketWalta and 4 others like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Fatty just do what you do but covid is not like the flu. It is like covid and the virus is in its own class. That’s the only thing I have to say about everything you post.

TWS1986, Sajan and Xerobull like this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm no doctor. Never pretended to be. But I know math and data. This, especially the new variant, is very similar to the flu, statistically speaking.

Always interesting seeing us all post big group pics with folks shaming us, only to learn that zero point zero of us caught anything more than a hangover.

(fun fact: this was our big Bellaire Going away party. the last of us living there sold his house. We had folks that flew in from all over the country. California, Colorado, Idaho, etc. it was amazing)

[​IMG]

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

I’ve already explained to you that you were wrong in your use of math and data. You’re not being genuine at all. When faced with truth, you cower.

it’s probably an age thing. The older you are, the more stubborn to listen to others.

Sajan likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

I did get dragged to a strip club for the first time in a decade last night. Even got a number and have a dinner set up next Tuesday. I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid!

[​IMG]

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's a math thing. And cower? Lol. I'm as open and attainable as they come. Very much to my detriment at times.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yes, I’m a math guy too. And I’ve shown you the math. You came back with absolutely nothing.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Please refresh that info...

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Very little in my life has changed since covid and I’m out doing stuff as well. I don't understand why you keep saying delta covid is like the flu especially considering your age and sex. There isn't any information or studies to suggest that. It seems to be roughly similar in virulence to the prior alpha strain except a lot more contagious. That means it isn't flu-like.

We can even just go by the explosion in hospitalizations. The percentage of hospitalizations that were from covid was 3.2% at the beginning of July and now we are at 26.2%. That doesn't happen with the flu.

You seem like a great guy, but I don't get why you keep repeating the flu line. All my point is if you catch covid don't treat it like the flu and don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/delta-variant-studies-cdc-coronavirus-covid-pandemic

3. The delta variant can actually make people sicker.
    Three recent studies in Canada, Singapore and Scotland indicate that the variant raises the risk of hospitalization, intensive care unit admissions and death.

In Canada, epidemiologist Ashleigh Tuite at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto analyzed data from the province of Ontario to see if different coronavirus variants made people sicker. She and colleague David Fisman had information about who got infected and what the outcome of the infection was. Even after accounting for vaccination, age and underlying health conditions, the delta variant carried a 120 percent increased risk of hospitalization, 287 percent increased risk of ICU admission and 137 percent increased risk of death, the researchers report July 12 at medRxiv.org. “And that’s on top of what we see with alpha,” Tuite says.

In Singapore, a preliminary study in the Lancet posted June 7 to the preprint server SSRN found that the delta variant nearly doubles the risk of pneumonia compared with earlier strains and carries an increased risk of needing supplemental oxygen, being admitted to the ICU and dying.

Those preliminary data haven’t been reviewed by other scientists yet, but agree with data published in the Lancet June 14 from a study in Scotland. There, researchers found that the delta variant doubles the risk of hospitalization compared with the alpha variant.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-things-to-know-delta-variant-covid

4. There is still more to learn about Delta.
    One important question is whether the Delta strain will make you sicker than the original virus. But many scientists say they don’t know yet. Early information about the severity of Delta included a study from Scotland that showed the Delta variant was about twice as likely as Alpha to result in hospitalization in unvaccinated individuals, but other data has shown no significant difference.

Another question focuses on how Delta affects the body. There have been reports of symptoms that are different than those associated with the original coronavirus strain, Dr. Yildirim says. “It seems like cough and loss of smell are less common. And headache, sore throat, runny nose, and fever are present based on the most recent surveys in the U.K., where more than 90% of the cases are due to the Delta strain,” she says.

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

Anyhoo, I'm off to Loch Bar with some girls to celebrate a birthday. I'll let you know if I come down with something.

I'm thinking alcohol may be a very good anti-venom to the variant!

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Actually we're now going to North Italia now. Bleh.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

If you haven't put the guy on ignore by now, then you are idiot. Stop trying to reason with stupidity.

CCity Zero, TWS1986 and B-Bob like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Florida doing some amazing things to minimize covid deaths. They only had 1 reported death yesterday. They must be swamp gator nanotech to fight covid.

Cokebabies, Xerobull and Amiga like this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

How is anything I'm doing idiocy? Again, I'm fine with your choices.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

If we're gonna go crazy, have fun. Best CRAZY song ever!

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Literally the same people who said they wouldn't do anything if Trump was re-elected.

Pick a lane. And stay there.

19. Buck Turgidson

What does Mississippi know? I've gotta fly dope my cows at both ranches this week, so I'll inevitably get some Ivermectin on my hands...got nothing to fear now, right?

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

might just be them taking the weekend off

Don’t hospitals report data directly to cdc? If so, we will eventually know of any major discrepancies.