1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok fine 82-0 but I still hate you @don grahamleone :p

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

extension which means we can't trade him this season

3. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

He's still a Rocket?

mikenm268 likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i keep seeing this thread title at top of the page and hoping it means hair extensions :(

5. PWR

PWR Member

Hopefully we'll get lucky and House will reject the extension like Oladipo.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

[/QUOTE]

I need way more of this in my life. Sign him to a forever lifetime contract right now! Probably (one of) the greatest rappers at his position in Houston Rocket history. Cookies and cake.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. jb86

jb86 Member

You are putting words in my mouth. I will always want them to win to make the playoffs. I don't care if it's unrealistic to you.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Wall vs Danuel House verbal fight in the huddle. SMH

Drift Monkey likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok you don't have a legitimate answer. Well I'm not surprised. Over here talking about others having a loser mentality. Foh when you don't even have the best alternative in mind. Wanting them to win to make the playoffs with this actual team is flat out stupid

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rafael Stone just trade him

Drift Monkey likes this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

I'd rather have GG on a vet min than this. He gave his heart and soul to the Rockets and the city of Houston.

H-tine - Hol it dine!

12. jb86

jb86 Member

You come off really negative to me. What part of Houston are you from?

Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Alief. anything else? location? address? phone number?

the irony of talking bout really negative when you're initially b****ing about folks who realize the best scenarios are for the rockets to not be a middle of the pack team that end up with a terrible pick

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I’m in the super minority here but I can see why/how the Rockets still value House.

Don’t get it wrong, he messed up big time in the bubble and the fact that he outlasted pretty much everyone on that team is some sort of irony.

But it was not that long ago, he was like our only “young” guy on an aging veteran team. He was vital to the small-ball Rockets, people wanted him to start over Gordon. In the bubble, he was playing the best basketball of his career, hitting like 40% of his threes. He was probably our 3rd/4th best player in the bubble before the in incident (which made the whole thing worst).

But he still has good value as a shooter, wing-defender, and is capable of driving to the basket off the catch.

If the extension is reasonable like 3years-21M with the last year non or partially gauranteed, I think that’s a fair deal for both sides. If it’s true that management has completely forgiven him and that the coaches like what he brings then why not?

16. jb86

jb86 Member

I'm just happy that you are not in the front office. Enjoy your weekend.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

more irony. you're definitely in no position to say anything. You clearly would be worse than Billy King. go back to not posting

The same one who made a thread trying to tell CF's to get Thon Maker. Go find holic somewhere

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stone can get you lottery talent with a terrible pick, so theres no real excuse to lose, even if it were, winning is the only way, theres no substitue for winning...theres never a reason to lose whether its playoffs , a meaningless rs game in november or even the summer league...it so much fun its so much better to just win!

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

got a lot of guys who need minutes. I don't really want to see guys not getting minutes because of House. I hope I'm wrong on that if they extend him.

Richie_Rich and Drift Monkey like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of that has been proven. no winning is not the only way. when you're in a full rebuild, it's an actual process and growing pains are part of it.

There's plenty of scenarios where losing is the right choice

Drift Monkey likes this.