1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The House situation in Texas is worse than I realized.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Rockets gonna **** around and try to compete lol

3. AXG

AXG Member

He has the DD stamp of approval which means he sucks

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With us? No.

With his new coach?

"Coach Silas? Hey. I'm Danuel House."

"Hey, good to meet you----what's this? Krispee Kreme donuts? And coffee? You know how to hook a brother up."

D-rock likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hopefully for trade purposes

6. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

How do you deduce that? House isn't a difference maker at this point. He'll probably be signed to a team-friendly deal and used as filler for a future trade -- even if it means waiting until summer 2022 to trade him.

Get ready for some at times head-scratching moves by the Rockets. I think they'll see where things are, but I generally expect them to be a team used as accessories to larger multi-team trades over the next 2 seasons.

Houston appears to have the core of a rebuild already on the roster, though will take a couple years to nurture and develop the talent. No rush at this point, so any "in the margins" moves won't really matter.

If they end up getting rid of Wall and getting back a couple of middling veterans on less than ideal contracts, that's at least better than being stuck with one "unmovable" contract in Wall. I'm excited to see where things go from here.

D-rock and glimmertwins like this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...I think it's actually a pretty smart move, but glad to see who is/isn't following along. The thing is most teams are out of cap space at this point this year and didn't save much for next year and the small handful of teams who did have cap space were looking for starters and not rotation guys so they were dishing out higher value contracts than what House will get. Overlay that with who will have cap space next year and who will be available also vying for that cap space and the market for House looks murky. I think what is happening is Stone is trying to engage House in an extension to lock him into a long term contract to make him more valuable as a trade asset because while the teams with cap space this year weren't looking for a rotation guy like House to add to depth to their rotations, that doesn't necessarily mean other teams don't want House....but those other teams won't have the cap space to sign him outright.

I think Stone is looking at this like, "how can I get House on a good value contract with as many flexible options attached as possible(team options) so that his contract makes him a valuable asset in a trade". Maybe someone thinks Gordon makes too much money but House is a great value - how bout we trade you both and the overall trade value averages out because now you are underpaying one guy and overpaying the other and the underpaying guy has a longer contract.

We ALL know House's days in Houston are numbered(along with Gordon and Wall's) but I'm betting Stone has intel that there are teams interested in playing House who don't have cap room to sign him outright so the way to extract maximum value from those teams is to put him on a longer team friendly deal while you have the opportunity to exploit a depressed FA market. Call it what you want but I see this as a similar activity to spending a little money to fix up the house(no pun intended) you know you are going to sell soon anyway. Yeah, you are out a little money in the short term, but the hope is you make all that money back and then some when you finally sell that asset.

#47 glimmertwins, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  8. Denovo

Denovo Member

I promise none of our young players are looking at Danuel House of all people as a role model lol.

Plenty of other vets suited for that role in the locker room.

House is pretty irrelevant in all areas in my opinion.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol get a grip people

House extension is good news, IMO. We need to extend assets, and House has more value as a multi year player then an expiring.

I believe House is also eligible to be extend and traded, maybe @BimaThug could give the specifics but I think he’d be eligible for a 2/8 extension while being immediately trade eligible, House would be a good fit for multiple playoff teams who want a cheap 3&D forward.

10. mightybosstone

I get why people are upset. I'm still mad about the bubble situation, but let's be honest with ourselves guys—we were never going to beat that Lakers team, and House likely doesn't make a difference in that series. If this were Wall or Gordon getting extended, I would understand the frustration more, but he's essentially just a 3 and D role player, and the Rockets need guys like that. Tate and Martin will still get their minutes, and I don't really see House preventing those young wings from developing.

If he signs for cheap, and Tate and Martin still see the floor every night, I'm good with it.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

a decent 2 way player and also a decent trade asset
    a houston rockets legend
    in stone we trust

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is it April 1st already? Somewhere I missed several months.
    Wake me up when it’s over.

13. jb86

jb86 Member

I can't believe y'all really want the Rockets to have another losing season. That's a real losers mentality to have. Smh. This team needs to learn how to win now. We already have the talent. Cut that loser **** out.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only post worth reading in this thread.

15. MystikArkitect

I go back and forth on this. How many players on this team can develop into Max Contract guys? We can tank and get Banchero maybe. But Jalen, Sengun, KPJ and Wood are all capable of large contracts. Jalen/KPJ/Sengun are the core.

jb86 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Last time Stone said he was engaged (or engaged) in extension talks, he traded Oladipo.
    We thought Stone was smoking back then too, lol

I trust Stone.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You people…

Did you even read The VSpan Oracle’s endorsement on page two? You’re wasting your life if you didn’t, RudyTBag.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Despite this post not even making a difference for the sake of it, lets find out

As opposed to what alternative? The rockets aren't making the playoffs. They aren't going to suddenly learn how to win now. Did they draft Lebron or something. No. Quit making it seem like this team is just poised to have a winning season and go far.

So you want them to win enough games to miss the playoffs and then not have a shot at a top draft pick. Now that's loser shitt. Did you know that this year is one of the rare seasons in the foreseeable future that the Rockets actually hold their own pick. And FTR the 2022 draft is so far projected to be a good one

The rockets already have the talent. what talent. The rockets biggest FA prize was Theis and they added 19 year old rooks. Who in the world told you this was all the talent necessary to learn how to win now

#58 YOLO, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  19. jayland

jayland Member

Well the new contract require House to perform during half time?

[/QUOTE]

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1st off, yes we are. We’re going undefeated.

B) Learning to win is trash. We have born winners in Houston right now as I type.

Thirdly, we didn’t draft LeBron, we drafted Kobe 2.0

Last and finally, quit rejecting the Houston Rockets. We’re gonna be incredible this year and for many more years after this one. We’re poised for greatness, not doubtness.