1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China ready to have ‘friendly’ relations with Taliban

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 17, 2021.

?

Does this mean LeBron Shoes will be made by Afghan kids?

1. Yes poor Afghan girls need jobs now

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No still made by cheap or forced labor in China

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Poppy seeds!

4. Nook

Nook Member

Okay.... and I am sure it will turn out as well as it has with China in Africa - a disaster.

China is always trying to pick through US garbage so it isn't a surprise.

China will need a lot of luck..... because like 90% of Afghanistan don't even have a real understanding of what a nation or federal government is.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

In a couple of years the US will have the semi-friendly relations with the Taliban as we have with countries like Russia, China etc. In 30 years some American vets will be returning as tourists to Afghanistan as they are now in the Northern part of Vietnam. Sorry USA! USA! USA! uberalles folks who are always up for another stupid war fought by others.

Nook and IBTL like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

So someone has to be able to translate Chinese and Talibanese? Good luck with that job
    ‘Must know both languages, must be a dude’

Astrodome and Nook like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is going about as well as expected

Rocket River

tinman and Nook like this.
  8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

This is all a power play with India. Pakistan's biggest issue with the former Afghan government was how friendly they were with the Indian government. China had the same complaint.

Now that the Taliban are in power so Pakistan and China are going to cozy up to them to turn the government against India. It will backfire for both of them in the long run but neither country really thinks about the longer term impact.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do you expect the Taliban to cozy up with India?
    I am not saying you are wrong but I am curious about what backfiring will look like

Rocket River

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This is what I think non 99ers dance like
    @Ziggy

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Afghanistan is sitting on like a trillion dollars of natural resources that have never been mined. Of course China will want a friendly relationship if they have the US out.

I think the US was thinking the same thing back in the day when they orchestrated efforts to get the Soviets out. Charlie Wilson’s War is what that was called and got made into a movie I never saw.

I think China is thinking the same thing but not sure they had any hand in the US’ exit unless they paid off Trump which doesn’t seem unlikely. Time will tell if Afghanistan is a worthy investment for yet another world power who wants to take a crack at it after The Greeks, the Soviets, and the US all failed in glorious fashion. The Persians probably had the best success of them all by just conquering some regions of it which might be the best strategy if you want some success.

If China wants it… I guess we shouldn’t get in their way given its track record. I’d rather the US invest more in countries like Haiti and South Americans countries like Guatemala and Nicaragua. Not militarily but definitely from an intelligence and diplomacy standpoint. I see better investments closer to home.

#11 dobro1229, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

China needs its opium to pump cheaply into the Us via mexico. And it needs the key position of afghanistan for its other initiatives. We armed taliban and gave them this piece. Joe is likely compromised. He is helping china.

13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

14. dobro1229

Okay so you are claiming that had Trump exited Afghanistan in May like he said he was going to do, and made arrangements for that to be unavoidable, because Trump was in office and not Biden, China would then have had ZERO interest in Afghanistan???

You must think that people here are the biggest idiots in the world who have no idea that you are the #1 Trump supporter here.

-A it has been widely reported that the order to hand over arms & Humvees came from the Afghan government military leaders when there was the stand off happening about a week ago as the Taliban and the Afghan army was prepared to fight. The US back in May destroyed all the equipment they could and sold the scrap metal back to the Afghans. This was widely reported. They also were not going to ask the Afghan army to destroy their weapons before a potential major battle outside of Kabul.

-Also the 2018 the Bilateral Negotiated deal between China and Mexico was done without the US and Canada's involvement when they should have been involved, but because Trump's brand is Nationalism (he said himself he's a Nationalist who only believes in Bilateral relations), and you yourself supported Nationalism, yes.... it has made China much more influential in our lives in a negative way with imports coming into Mexico that affect our lives.

The lack of self awareness of your own brand of politics, and the disasterous policies that came out of it is just mind boggling.

15. dobro1229

I'd love to hear again from those on the Right who said that January 6th was not that big of a deal. This line alone tells you everything you need to know about how destructive Trump's coup attempt was to our credibility and the credibility of Democracy around the world. We'll be dealing with January 6th for generations.

Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

....I mean, 'Minister of Warlord Relations' is a pretty cool job title.

tinman and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Must have been an interesting interview...would love to take a peak at his resume.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Doesn't mean much coming from that bastion of freedom governed by the CCP.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China is ready to have “sexual” relations with the Taliban

Nook likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

'state media'

thank goodness we have for profit cable news networks

does any of their media guys make like 10 mill a year? no