1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and who can blame him, he also may leave for good later because he dont like this culture, so ppl gonna justify tanking for years, instead the answer is to create a great culture where players will flock to play...not passing is sooo lazy...its the real penny pinching!

Drift Monkey, saleem and bmelo like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Hell yeah Alpi we with you. Let JC shoot that trash until he gone in GLeague. What the **** these scrubs think they are.... they should be grateful to even have a shot at NBA and play their best to be liked by coaching staff/other players. But now here comes guy who is our last pick in the round and takes most shots with no passing

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

anyone is surprised? Wiseman is older, Curry is Curry, Klay is back and now they have another great guy from the draft

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

One of the biggest adjustment is to play with people that are miles and miles less advanced than you yet they think they are Michael Jordan and don't pass you the ball. I remember once a player of that type some American came to play at our rec and didn't pass the ball like that bruh he got ****ing cussed out of it quickly by local centers

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

“We’re trying to give him tons of opportunities to succeed and tons of opportunities to struggle,” Rockets summer league coach Will Weaver said. “So far, I’d say it’s a success. He’s handling and creating for others out of necessity. But you see that he has gifts that will allow him to be great at that.

“I love the way that he’s studying. I love the way he’s obsessing and feeling disappointed when it doesn’t go perfect. In order for someone to grow in those areas, you have to struggle through some of those things.”

With guards Kyri Thomas (groin) and Jalen Green (hamstring) out, Christopher has been handling the ball and initiating the offense “certainly more than he’s used to and more than he projects for,” Weaver said. “But that’s what this event is about: just trying to make sure essential guys have not only an opportunity to grow but to recognize how exactly they need to grow.”

Christopher has averaged 16 points, four assists and four rebounds in his 27.4 minutes per game. He has made just 34.4 percent of his shots, misfiring largely because he has hit 15.4 percent of his 3-pointers. He has missed some of the shots he normally would expect to make but also has been held back by having to create most of his looks for himself, along with the bulk of the shots taken around him.

“Not having Jalen, not having Khyri, it was rough,” Christopher said. “Those are guys that make things happen.

“I forced it a little bit. I have to make the game simpler. I’ve been in attack mode. I think it’s OK to be in attack mode but penetrating the lane, just have to make the right reads. I think I got in the lanes pretty easily. It’s just a matter of me making the right play, hitting open guys. If my shot is there, take the shot. Just make the right play.”

“I think I’m so in tune to putting the ball in the basket sometimes and don’t realize how good I am at playmaking,” Christopher said. “I can do both. Just find the balance of doing that. I do such a good job of getting in that paint. Now, I just have to complete that by making the right play. Times like this is when you learn what you need to do better.

“For sure, my responsibilities changed. It’s always good to be versatile. My job is to come in, play defense, get downhill and play-make. Just to come to summer league and improve on all those aspects and to see everything I might see on the court come season is good for me just to learn.”

“Defense will always be about effort,” Christopher said. “I’m 6-5, 215 with a 6-9 wingspan, and I play hard, and I’m in shape. This is summer league. We’ll see a lot of these max-contract guys very soon. That’ll be another test come the NBA season. I’m just looking forward to it.

“Defense wins games, wins championships. That’s the route we need to go anyway. Raf told me to be like a Jrue Holiday. He knows I can play offense. He knows I can play defense also. Trying to do both.”

“In that playmaking role, he obviously can get to the rim,” Weaver said. “He obviously can shoot and score. The next layer for him is to be able to read the defense and make plays for others. He makes some of those plays, but he can certainly make more.”

Little Bit and GradyMcTracy like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Liar :D

@Dr of Dunk

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hearing he was the Rockets pick if Indy didn’t take him. Rockets had him higher on their board than Garuba.

CVcrew likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL WHAT A LOAD OF BS
    its a circus outthere

he didnt have to create most of his looks for himself nor the bulk of shots taken around him lololoolol

No Christopher, it was rough because you are selfish, you dont pass the ball and you dont know how to play together...you dont know how to cooperate in order to get easy looks, you lack the very fundamentals of noble game of basketball..you dont even know what youre good at ...lololoolol and you did play with the guy that makes thing happen but you ignored him lololololol.

Little Bit, CXbby, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  10. juanming

juanming Member

Looks like sengun doesn't like the culture of the nba or how fast paced it is, or maybe just the United States ....maybe he's home sick

I would not be surprised if he doesn't come back

Garuba obviously is a one-way player and even then not so great at it so I would say that was a waste of the pick

Christopher is obviously a waste of a pick he was picked to appease green

So we had four picks in the first round and we passed up the potential Rookie of the Year cam Thomas with all four picks

Kind of reminds me of 2009 Minnesota having two picks and picking Johnny Flynn and somebody else over Steph Curry

I like the green pick.. but man wish we had taken cam instead of greens friend

Kind of all ties into the diva Theory that we are placating to Green like we did Harden and it's already costing us cam Thomas

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What a crap take! You figured all of this out after 4 summer league games?

TriumVirate, alethios, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I am. Just purely because they're not going to be the 2nd best team in the west. playoff team probably if klay's return whenever that is doesn't have any setbacks but they're not just going to leap into 2nd out of nowhere.

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

how to watch today's rockets game? Won't be good but is it on any tv sports station? have direct tv but not the highest tier.

have nbatv and a couple of espn's

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

It should be on ESPN but if not, "Bilasport.net" should have it on. That's where I've watched all of them.

D-rock likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we also need to see if scott foster, tony brothers and marc davis will sign extensions, cause if not i fear not even 130% healthy klay will be of much help

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not just simply miss the game? @Jontro
    cause i am gonna
    theres no fun for me in watching a team losing games on purpose, kudos to those creative enough that can enjoy it...

Jontro likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

meh, i'll still watch, but without Green and Sengun, going to be a bore fest...

D-rock, Dobbizzle and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

This is one of the worst takes I've ever read on clutchfans and that's saying something.

Cam Thomas scores 36 in summerleague on 25 shots and suddenly he's the potential rookie of the year, lol.

TriumVirate, clos4life, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

any game can be good if im in a good mood or pay attention or the announcers are great

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Rs dont matter though. Top4 is good enough