1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's Fresno upbringing motivates him to prove people wrong, just not in Detroit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Rocket, Aug 16, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i've gotten the same type of vibe. He sure has seemingly been running his mouth a ton and it's a whole lot of shade

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.

He already had comments about Cade and the Pistons not long ago. That is enough.

He already made it clear he thinks he should have gone #1. It's done..... go out and play and prove it and shut up.

3. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

I’m all for letting young dude say whatever he wants but you took that to a whole different level. Dramatic

Drift Monkey likes this.
  4. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I’m saying he should be allowed to say what he wants without worrying about offending Detroit fans. I support it.

Too many athletes just choose to play the PC game like Tom Brady.

This is sports talk and there’s no reason to view it as anything more than that.

Drift Monkey and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not gonna hop on the kid for his brashness because we've yet to see what attitude this generation of NBA stars will have. Before (Lebron's Gen) they were very diplomatic and almost political in their calculations. Maybe these guys are more like the loud talkers from the 90's?

Who knows. All I know is the City of Houston doesn't stand for Bark with no bite.

6. xaos

xaos Member

Lmao

Tfor3 and Joe Rocket like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Must of heard from Harden on the strip clubs and now he is wanting to make it rain in H-Town.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why is whoever tweeted that acting like Detroit doesn’t stay sh*tty 24/7-365? I know Pistons fans are gonna get angry and offended over what Jalen Green said, but c’mon now, let’s be real.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you like athletes to just go from gym to apartment.

just like employees go from work to home. 7 days a week. what do you call that?

10. Aware

Aware Member

Thats true. Fresno has shitty weather too tho
    And is meth central lol

Detroit has a lot of history and some real sick buildings and art

Fresno might as well be Lubbock west

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

bingo. humility goes a long way and especially in pro sports. chip on your shoulder? great. everyone knows already from day 1 from your own comments. Continuing to talk over and over. meh, it just gets old. When you get to the point where you have to be humbled, that typically isn't a good thing

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah theres a line that you dont cross. All he said was there is nothing to do there and they are making fun of a flood but agians its Detroit what are ya gonna do lol

13. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Twitter is always a cesspool. Tbh I don’t blame them for going towards Harvey. This is war.

Hoping this is one of those good old fashioned “I don’t like you and you don’t like me” rivalries.

14. Aware

Aware Member

All this is petty fun
    Like no reason to get upset over it if youre detroit super sports fan

who cares

15. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I guess I'm one of the few that likes trash talking? I'm tired of the buddy buddy thing Lebron has going on. Everyone and their mom wants to partner up and form super teams. Nah, **** that. Trash talk all you want Jalen as long as your play backs it up. I'm here for it.

Rockets4Life13 and Denovo like this.
  16. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Me? Lol I’m not the one who said it I just thought him saying he prefers he stay in the gym as a fan doesn’t really equate to slavery.I just took it like he wants him to tone down the talk. Personally I love the talk. If tilman said it maybe you could go there.

17. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

The start of a beautiful rivalry

majicdonjuan likes this.
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Jalen should respond "Yes, and that should tell you how bad Detroit is."

Joe Rocket likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s the only thing they can point to because Houston is just better in every capacity

Weather? Houston

Food? Houston

Entertainment and nightlife? Houston

Economy? Houston

I’m not trying to act like Houston is NY, LA, or Miami, but it’s closer to those 3 than Detroit is to Houston…much closer

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I can under stand being a gym rat. green's already that. most athletes are just that.

but to say just gym and apartment? who would wish that on any human being?

I prefer athletes other people to be normal human like me. work, enjoy life, and go home.