1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. Jalen Green OnlyFan

It’s not rude at all, I’m fine with answering whatever. Yes I found him because he’s Filipino and got famous on social media in high school.

I was very interested and fell in love with his game. People always take pride in their own race which is normal. I can point to plenty of examples of this in politics, art, and sports.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Honestly if the players back in the 80s and 90s had the same type of leverage and empowerment as the players of today use I don't know if we'd look at some of those players the same way. Hakeem clashed with the front office more than once and, hell, we almost put Rony Seikaly and Glen Rice in a Rockets uniform in exchange for Olajuwon. I do hold Harden accountable for pushing that trade to reunite with Westbrook and for how that started the unraveling for everything but, like some have mentioned here, the franchise gave him too much power and that's what you get sometimes.

But onward and upward with this new group of kids.

Ramo$e, joshuaao, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

His resume is blank to you because he just started the NBA. I’ve enjoyed his high school, aau, and g league performances. I’ve also enjoyed everything he does for the Philippines.

Please do not be hostile towards that. As I told you earlier it’s not weird at all for people to take pride of in successful figures in their own race.

I can point towards multiple examples in politics, art, and sports. Have a good day, green is going to be a star for us, and go Rockets!

Ramo$e and ilovehtownbb like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

First thing, he never had enough help here all except for one year. He was constantly going up against super teams or teams with two top 10 players. He "quit" on us after requesting a trade before the season even started. Im not even gonna mention the owner right now.

Every superstar has moments like you are referring too.

He's literally the leader on the Nets.

5. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Were all entitled to our perspective of Hardens tenure as a rocket. If you really love him still, I won’t disagree with it or try to take that from you.

He did a lot of good on the court and continues to help out Houston off the court.

However, it’s just flat out wrong to call Harden the leader of the Nets. That would be Kevin Durant. Let’s not play games here :rolleyes:

IvanLCPM and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’ll come back when Tmac leads the Rockets to the 2nd round of the playoffs

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Harden for sure is going to want to come home. It's just that his home is LA.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think you're confusing 'hostility' with 'curiosity.' Yeah, it's not weird at all - you can like whoever you want. Personally, it just doesn't track that a 19-year old can be someone's favorite athlete ever, without other factors being in the mix.

But hey, if you like him, you like him. Ain't judging.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Harden burner

10. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

I think it’s beautiful ngl

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope just a guy with facts. But this is rich coming from a like a 2 week old account.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden was running that team before he got injured. He's the one who's most vocal with the other players, not KD or Kyrie.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

James harden and Darrell more I can still kiss my ***

RKREBORN, Ramo$e, VickMackey and 3 others like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In 5 or 6 years he'll be old enough to be on the Lakers

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I wonder if people will drop this fantasy when Harden and Kyrie extend with the Nets?..

Ramo$e and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.
  16. Jalen Green OnlyFan

This is the Houston loyalist fan approach IMO. The most pure type of fan you can be.

i get tilman kinda sucks sometimes but I can’t get behind the rooting for sixers morey or harden nets over Houston rockets approach some fans get

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Apps of freaking lewdly dude

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Why does that matter lol. Harden did Houston dirty. Carry on...

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Dirtbags

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

How? How did he do Houston dirty? For what asking for a trade? Dont be ridiculous.
    It matters cause I've been here for awhile lol. Harden is the second greatest Rocket of all time. Blame the owner for ruining the team(and running off the talent) and the GM for making that trade to Brooklyn. And lmao we would not have gotten Green if we didnt tank, which we were NOT trying to do initially. Houston only got him because we were just that bad.

Little Bit likes this.