1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

What necklace? I don’t see a necklace…

TriumVirate and D-rock like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s amusing to watch people join the bandwagon.

Clearly he was, and is, and will be a stud.

Easiest draft choice ever.

Anyone that still doubts him does so at their own peril.

Wood better figure out how to defend forwards or he is a dead man.

joshuaao, CXbby, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Kanter was never a decent comp. You'd have to be a complete moron (and probably racist) to even field that idea.

Why haven't we seen any discussion of his real comps? Jefferson, Zebo, MAYBE Horford if he becomes the best player he can be.

6'10, good rebounder, back to the basket / face up game. May develop a good 3 pointer, might turn into a serviceable defender.

If it has to be a white guy, poor man McHale? Or maybe even Scola. Scola had similar movement mechanics as a younger player.

Basketball analysts are incredibly stupid, and the average fan even more so. There's a reason front offices hire Math PHDs instead of ex ball players.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Those are often ex players that were too weak. They think they know the game but they are two digit iq idiots with no education. How can one compare Alp to Kanter lol the only thing they share is position and nation

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Obviously there will be a learning curve once the regular season starts and he's playing against the actual best of the best.

But I have no doubt that learning curve will be shorter with Alp than other big men, due to his basketball IQ.

Having a penchant for falling in love with defenders since that's the side of the ball I played, I am absolutely giddy watching him on defense.

He's 19, a Euro, and he already has not only the smarts and understanding of how to play vertically, but the body control to already do it. There was a play against Detroit on a drive from the corner which got me more hyped than any of his offensive plays.

If there's one thing I hope that happens this season, is that he's rolled out from day one in the starting 5 to get as much time as possible on the court against NBA opposition, and he's not benched or sent to the G-League if he isn't putting up 15 and 11 each game.

Once the game slows down for him when he's beating his defender down low and all those gimme-buckets start falling when he's more comfortable.... goodness gracious.

I'm anticipating he's going to get burned by some guards in the PnR, but I feel how he will affect the game in every other facet will be more than enough to overcome that short fall.

They will be absolutely crazy to not run a significant part of the offense through him at the free throw line.

6. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I keep seeing learning curve but I think the things he does well translates immediately. He’s a hustle guy with a well rounded game. He excels at almost everything. You can always find some productive and meaningful minutes for guys like him. He can impact the game in many ways. He can score from the post with the ball going through him or he can score off opportunity buckets. He’s an underrated defender so far and his passing continues to amaze. It’s hard not to get overly excited about this guy.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Horford is a great comp imo. I think even a prime Horford may have some trouble on the perimeter, and I think Sengun's speed, agility, strength, explosiveness will improve. I can see him being a Horford once he has an NBA body.

Totally agree on the racist comparisons, it happens often on "TV" to be honest and it's so cringey.

8. i3artow i3aller

Destroyer of defensive game plans.
    [​IMG]

Big props to @hakeem94

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This, Big Al and Zbo are actually good comparisons. I think Sengun already plays like them in terms of using his strength in the post to bully his way to the hoop.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Agree completely.

My reference to learning curve was purely the bigger bodies of the NBA bigs.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am beginning to worry, folks. When was the last time when CF was united in embracing a player?

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Terrence Williams.

MorningZippo, joshuaao, CXbby and 6 others like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Take it back lol

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HAHAH! BEAUTIFUL WORK
    thank you 1000 times!!

PS
    also a big props to a guy i copy pasted the original from, if i recall well it was the 'white persuasion' guy from twitter

D-rock likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I now expect no less than all NBA team and top 5 MVP this year

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is stupid to call it a bandwagon on a ROCKET's board - I mean should I say it is amusing to see you join the Rocket's band wagon?

Or are you just a fan?

I mean he has played a grand total of 2 summer league games - this is the first most of us have seen of him......and why we pretend to have some magical I was there first mentality is just stupid.

FIRST !

DD

durvasa likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am always right, but am just smarter than you...always.

;)

Or, I am wrong......don't care....

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I'm interested in the 2 games against Boston.

Sengun surely regards Kanter as a terrorist (or at least a terrorist-supporter) and they will likely be guarding each other during any overlapping minutes.

And Kanter will almost definitely have something to prove against a youngin' with national suport from a country which Kanter has something to prove agaisnt.

Edit: and yes this stuff is serious for these guys.

#679 ickaruto, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member