1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher 15 pts 7 asst 3 reb 1 stl vs Pistons!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I feel the same way...he kinda wanted to show off and it worked

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

What Im happy to see is he can actually play SF. 6'5 with 6'9 wingspan he isnt terribly undersized at sf that mean we can run a lineup of Green/KPJ/JC. You lose some size at sf but you make up for it with a 6'4 pg and a 6'6 sg.

Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Josh Christopher belongs in the NBA. No doubt in my mind. He's got a lot of potential.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He should start there so he can work on running point. Wall and/or Gordon will be traded or injured at some point and he'll be ready.

snowconeman22, D-rock, Caesar and 4 others like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

if Green wins ROY: "He still sucks."

If Green kicks ass on our way to a championship: "We won in spite of him. He still sucks."

If Green saves a beloved dog belonging to @Bobbythegreat from drowning in a raging river: "Well, fine, whatever, but Mobley would have saved him faster and more efficiently and not flailed around trying to look like a hero. Green still sucks."

@Bobbythegreat response: "I hate dogs, too. Including puppies. So your end scenario is no knee-slapper. Your first two scenarios? Spot on. Not much fond of you, either, btw. And Green still sucks."

#26 ROXTXIA, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a pretty stupid take, but not an unsurprising one given the source.

8. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

So disruptive. At least twice he created a turnover/foul on Detroits bigs just taking the ball away from them. Clamped up Cade on that one possession, and poked the ball away a bunch on post ups.

He's a multi-positional, physical defender thats also an athletic, off the dribble scorer. The point guard skills need to be developed, but the potential is there.

This guy really could be Jrue Holiday.

slothy420, 34to11, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Josh Christopher > Mobley

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree, but this next season could easily be 20-60, 40-40, or 60-20. Well maybe not the last one. But you just don't know with an entirely youth team. We just have to try and enjoy the ride and watch the development.

Madmanmetz, jcmoon and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This will likely be unpopular but reminds me of Donovan Mitchell and Dwayne Wade. Keep in mind most of us didn't see Mitchell or Wade much when they were 18-19 year old Freshman. Both were surprises in the league for the most part but picked higher in the draft than JC because they were both productive (and older) in their final season of college. I have no doubt if Christopher returned to school this season that he would be a lottery pick next draft.

Obviously he has a long way to go before Mitchell or Wade status but is at least as advanced as each of those players at age 19. Mitchell especially is ideally suited for the NBA vs. NCAA and I think Christopher is the same way. Easier to get out in transition and more space in the NBA especially playing with better more consistent talent than the NCAA. Just keep honing his strengths (defense, ball handling) and improving his weaknesses like shooting, playmaking, shot selection and he will be a fine pro sooner rather than later.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

The rockets drafted 3 guys who can immediately contribute

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defensive effort has impressed. I dont remember seeing that at Arizona St, but maybe i just missed it.

D-rock likes this.
  14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Big knock on him was being selfish and a ball hog, but apart from that his effort, skill level and athleticism he’s shown so far are impressive. Seems like an elite talent.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah....Let's not get carried away.

liveguy and D-rock like this.
  16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Christopher, Green, and Porter (KMJ to a lesser extent) have elite acceleration that basically no team can match. If they can learn to control their pace they’re gonna be fun to watch. Lots of easy fast break points.

I appreciate that Sengun offers a different offensive mindset and can do apparently everything. Can’t wait to see Garuba.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not to get ahead of myself, but hopefully in a few years the problem Stone will have (especially with Fertitta holding the wallet), is, How do I pay and keep all these guys?

Okay, I got ahead of myself.

MarioKissoDeath and D-rock like this.
  18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm into this thread. Christ opher is the truth.

FrontRunner, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol Suggs is going to outplay Mobley tonight
    [​IMG]

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I’m getting Mad Max vibes.