1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Mobley is a timid agile big that's got some mobility on the perimeter.... Giannis was an assertive young guy who played like a long guard/wing from the jump with superior speed and athleticism.... Who went on to have a tremendous rare body transformation while bulking up over the course of multiple years.

2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Mobley took 17 and bricked damn near every jumper and literally missed every post shot

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Ahhh man i don't wanna be mean like that. He just has his opinions which I'm cool with.

4. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Seems like some dudes on here all about drama. Why I left Reddit.

5. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I'm generally not hostile to anyone on here becuase i don't take Rockets fans for granted --- I've met like 2 or 3 in my entire life.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I personally think it was relevant when there was still a decision to be made between Green and Mobley because the Rockets first role that needed to be filled in a full rebuild was a number 1 scoring option.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't worry dude. Most people here can accept disagreement and still be chill.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Let's review.

I said that it was strange that you're complaint about the shots that he takes because his efficiency was already elite.

Your reply was 'He's not "elite", he was just "okay"'

60% TS% isn't just "okay". That's elite efficiency.

We're not talking about him have one efficient game or two. He's always been efficient at every level he's played.

Tonight against Detroit his TS% was 78.9%...but I'm sure that's no more than you expected..

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unsurprisingly, you're wrong again. Tonight Green absolutely exceeded expectations. He struggled early, then turned things around and showed a lot of maturity by not forcing anything and he ended up with his best game yet.

At some point, I'm sure you'll accidentally end up right about something, keep trying.

clos4life likes this.
  10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The guy who said that 60% TS% wasn't elite, just "Okay" wants to talk about being correct?

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Nah, I think it is good to keep it up at the top so we can reference who has no idea what they are talking about. There are many veteran posters that seemed extremely confident to the point they were insulting people's intelligence. Lets keep this thing stickied this season.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

I had a feeling you were gonna praise Green tonight when most expected you to bash him.....

Denovo, roslolian and don grahamleone like this.
  13. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Why???

We have Sengun!!!

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

You didnt just say Green only met your exoectations you also said he was only decent while shooting 3s at a higher clip than Steph Curry and scoring efficiency at an elite rate (60% TS). Green had arguably the best game 1 of any rookie and unarguably had top 3 best night but he didnt exceed your expectations and its only decent? Look at Cade, Mobley, Suggs first game and compare them to Green. Nobody met and exceeded your expectations in that case, thats means your expectations are way off base if everybody else is failing them and only a couple dudes met them.

Like I said this is Skip Bayless treatment of Lebron level of hate. You are trying to normalize exceptional performance as a given when nobody else is exceeding what he is doing. If Green is outperforming everybody else in his peer group then he is doing more than "decent" or "meeting expectations". Thats just a fact.

You are trying to shift the narrative that the green fanbois are over reacting to everything you say but who the hell would say MJ was decent or Lebron only met but didnt exceed expectations? Thats Jalen's performance in this SL and that's what you are saying. Its ridiculous.

#1254 roslolian, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    majicdonjuan likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did really well, so I praise him. That's how it works.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wanted Mobley over Green.

wasn’t mad we took Green and was even happy about when we got Sengun at 16 who I had as the 2nd best big after Mobley and a top 10 talent.

getting Geen/sengun is better than Mobley and a high risk gaurd.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

And don't forget Garuba.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If someone argues with @aelliott, I know they are wrong.

mikol13 and Richie_Rich like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I started off wanting Mobley to continue the legacy of bigs but as I learned more about this draft class I started liking Green more because some bigs had as much upside as Mobley.

Guys like Sengun, Garuba, Kai Jones, JT Thor...these guys were all trending in the teens to 20s range and any of them can end up better than Mobley. For any big, its always a big challenge to reach that upside.

OTH Green was pretty much cut and dry best SG prospect given his height, shooting ability and athleticism.

I figured Green and one of the big man prospects would be the way to go. Happy to see the Rox double up on both big men and guards and somehow come away with winners on both.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Mobley will be fine but I didn't want him initially only because it would take him some years to unveil his potential.

I think the Rockets would have better chances with perimeter players short term and long term.

He's now the other team's problem.