1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Every Rockets analyst mentioned that if we take Mobley, we will have some short-sighted regrets when Green puts on a show during the summer league -- and to avoid these knee-jerk reactions due to this.

We knew this would happen. Don't pretend like we didn't.

roslolian, D-rock and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a common habit of yours. You are the ultimate goal post mover who tries to pretend you didn't say much harsher things in previous posts.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't mind them arguing with me, I just wish they'd do so intelligently rather than freaking out and inventing conversations that never happened or conflating conversations about different players as some kind of attack on their adopted son.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No. Most analysts agreed that Green will always be the more significant scoring threat while Mobley will be a defensive anchor who is merely a good scoring threat.

So people's choice of Green over Mobley is from the fact that this team is in full rebuild mode which means we are trying to find our go to offensive weapon first which is the number one priority for a team in full rebuild mode.

Mobley is someone a team that already has their future go to offensive weapon would chose.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not moving goal posts to point out what started the Green fanboi temper tantrum.

Hell, I still have people thinking I called Green inefficient because I called Josh Christopher a chucker.

I get that you guys are super emotional about your favorite player, but it's causing you to be ridiculous.

I just ask that you attempt to work with me and stick to what is actually being discussed.

6. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

There isn't a single human being on this planet who didn't think Green would be the better scoring threat. That's irrelevant.

Jackson Gatlin and Dave Hardesty were among those who said that there would be buyers remorse simply based off how good Green would look in Summer league and to temper expectations for the longterm.

Which i guess mean they knew we'd be here with these knee-jerk reactions on Mobley, which clearly seems to be the case based on how much attention this thread has gotten after 1 summer league game.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not so much "favorite" player, but we finally got a high draft pick, we're excited about the positive possibilities that he affords us. And our other picks show lots of promise, too (although I have to stalk DD's post and remind him Vasillis didn't pan out and our Young Turk, while, perhaps, slow of foot, has all sorts of mad skillz....English not being one of them but that can develop along with his basketball game).

D-rock likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not against people being excited about the possibilities with Green.....I'm against that overzealous excitement leading to outright temper tantrums when another player outshines him in a game and it is acknowledged.

Acknowledgement that another player on the Rockets was the standout player in game 1 of summer league is not attacking Green.

Saying that Josh Christopher was out there chucking is not attacking Green.

Saying that Green met but didn't exceed my expectations in game 1 is not attacking Green.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said. Boobythegreat will nitpick, btch and give back hand compliments towards green cause he always wanted Mobley. Just ignore the man and watch his stance will change eventually.

We got the dub, everyone play well enough for us to have hope for the future.

10. alethios

alethios Member

I think the combination of Garuba, Sengun and Theis will make up for not having Mobley's defensive presence.

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Ignore BTG and your experience in CF will be much more enjoyable, trust me.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I encourage every unintelligent whiner on here to do the same. It'll make things better for everyone.

13. dmoneybangbang

BTG is not someone to be taken seriously as my sig should indicate.

14. Rockets4Life13

I encourage you to look up the term Dunning-Kruger effect. It'll make things better for everyone.

15. MystikArkitect

This thread should be locked and shut down.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

At end of the day, these kids did nothing to any of us.

And any of these players could still end up Rockets in the future.

FLASH21, groovemachine and Tfor3 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're talking to a shrub who doesnt do their due diligence but talks out of their ass on every subject.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree.

19. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I was on the Mobley train but honestly he looks very raw and did not look like a beast on defense. Will have a much longer development curve like others have mentioned, he will prob be good on his second contract. Green is ballin

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Obviously he's more effective and that's in large part to his size, but apparently you didn't comprehend the point.... It's about play style and they share more in common than any big comparison.