1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

What's the point of talking about efficiency in 1 summer league game?

We should be discussing the impact players have on the court. And that means watching the game and seeing how the players move, to which spots they move, how do they communicate, how do they space the court on offense and defense etc.

How can anyone talk about efficiency in the first SL game, with totally new system, teammates and only 4 practices before the game? I mean Sengun was 3-10 from the field, and people will say he was inefficient. So what? His impact was much greater than his 3-10 stat line indicates.

If you want to criticize Green, you can say that he missed on a few P'n'R opportunities, and he took some questionable shots, but to be critical of his efficiency is nonsense imo.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you are undeterred by the fact that you were completely and embarrassingly wrong, conflating two entirely separate conversations to push a false narrative?

Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of brain dead nonsense I've come to expect.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Keep pretending Green had an inefficient game. Your stubbornness on the point will just grow to look worse and worse.

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Guys, give @Bobbythegreat some slack - he's trying to warm up to Green in his own unique style. It's difficult I know, but he'll come around when Green wins ROY.

I watched the game after recording it and saw potential in Green's game. He's got deceptive speed and can cover ground really quickly with those long legs, so when he accelerates, he blows by his defender easily. I can see teams trying to double-team him eventually to get the ball out of his hands. But that won't work either because he's really good at being in the right place or getting open without the ball. I saw so much maturity for a 19 year old.

I saw a lot of potential in Mobley as well, though not as developed. I saw some nice shooting touch for a big and an excellent PnR screener. He is definitely a work in progress and will take a couple of years to develop. The main concern I have about Mobley is his motor. It may have been first game in an NBA uniform jitters, but he seemed too passive in some plays, but when he was aggressive, he could alter shots or get the basket pretty easily, if it weren't for Sengun. Which makes me wonder how he'll do against more experienced and more aggressive defense in real NBA games.

randerson likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, now you are back to pretending I ever did that?

I say "Josh Christopher was chucking" and you hear "Green had an inefficient game"

You realize how stupid that is..... right?

I've spelled this out several times, Green met my expectations. He had a solid game. If he had cut out a few plays where he got tunnel vision and forced things that weren't there, he'd have exceeded my expectations.

At no point did i say he was inefficient. Full stop.

If he cut out a few bad decisions he'd have had a remarkably efficient game and it would have exceeded my expectations.....that's all I said kid.

You ridiculous fanbois need to get your emotions in check.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point I don't even know what you are saying. It's like goal post shifting galore going on here.

61% ts and 1 turnover is an efficient game. Bad decisions lead to bad outcomes like turnovers and inefficient scoring. So I don't really know what you are referring to.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't need anyone to cut me any slack, I just need them to not be morons and not push false narratives.

I need them to not hear me talk about Josh Christopher and think I secretly am talking about Jalen Green.

I need them to not hear me praise Sengun and think it's an insult to their favorite player.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Im not surprised that you are confused, after all, you aren't listening to what I'm saying. You have it in your head that I must be bashing your boy so when what I actually say doesn't match up with what you assume I have to be saying, you get confused.

I've broken this down numerous times already, so I'd point you back to one of those posts. Read them again and see if you can figure it out.

Here's a hint, you'll have to ditch the notion that I was ever bashing Green's performance in game one in order to follow along.

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Um Mobley isn't a Rocket. Lock it up!

Nelly, Denovo, RedIsen and 2 others like this.
  10. fchowd0311

You really haven't broken down anything though. It's just platitudic nonsense about bad decision making. Like did he make a couple of bad decisions through his entire okay last game like every NBA player ever? Sure. Is it enough to specifically cally it out to where you put down his performance as "acceptable" rather than "really good"? When he had a efficient game by all statistical standards?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

majicdonjuan, FLASH21, Nelly and 4 others like this.
  12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Hey, remember when you tried to downplay Green’s performance by sarcastically asking “which rookies took 18 shots” and each of the top 5 rooks ended up taking 17+? Good times.

TriumVirate, FLASH21, Nelly and 3 others like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, apparently you have super low expectations for him and that's fine, but for a summer league game, he merely met my expectations.

It's funny how the fanbois must expect absolutely nothing of him so they can always be overly impressed by anything he does....I have higher standards for a player I know can score at that level and you crazy kids think it's "hate"

14. fchowd0311

We are comparing him to his peers right?

First Green is younger than most of his peers he was drafted with. I think he's the youngest player out of the top 10 draft class and still shows the most polish in scoring ability with low turnovers and high efficiency with third party non Rocket fan observers saying he clearly was the most impressive of the entire draft class in first round of games.

So I don't really know where you are coming from?

This is a relative comparison to his peers, not NBA players who have multiple years of experience and are in their 20s. That is the part of the context you completely ignore.

Edit: Kuminga is younger by a few months but it shows in his case because his game is no where near polished as Green's

#1214 fchowd0311, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    FLASH21 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

**********newsflash********

62% TS% is no longer considered a high standard and anything special. It's nothing. You can easily go above and beyond now.

FLASH21 and Denovo like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Just in case this was not a sarcastic post, league average last season was 56%

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No, we just recognize when someone doubles down with rationalizations rather than saying, "Good first game, maybe the kid will be pretty darned good, time will tell." Because you're so opinionated that you back yourself into a spot and can't escape behind the ink cloud you're spraying, because we've got you surrounded: "Where do you think you're going, hater?"

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You mean shooting 50% from the field and 44% from the 3 is super low expectation? Which player had better shooting night than Green so far?

What number are you expecting exactly and which player in the league has met that expectation? I'm gonna be honest if you arent just hating you have 0 clue what you are talking about.

Steph Curry career 3 pt shot: 43% 3 pt
    Career TS: 62.6%

Last night Green shot better than the best shooter in history how the hell is that a decent game and how is it meeting expectations?

Just admit you are wrong for hating on the dude its not hard. You keep saying the Green fanbois are exaggerating but here you are saying having better efficiency than the best shooter in history is just meeting expectations.

#1218 roslolian, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, well I expected a lot of loud stupidity from the fanbois and you crazy kids didn't disappoint.

It's funny what you extrapolated from such "hateful" statements as "Sengun was the standout player", "Josh Christopher was chucking", and "Jalen Green met expectations"

Hopefully you will get this idiocy out of your system now.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why do you guys insist on arguing with BTG? I don't get it.

xaos likes this.