1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

2 shots: 1 mid range and 1 20 pointer that drops down a la MTV's old Rock and Jock games. That last point is from hitting a technical foul FT.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a comparable level of competition, so it's well within expectations.

I do wonder what you kids were saying when Dougie McBuckets and Glen Rice Jr were absolutely destroying summer league a few years back.

Hyping up a solid performance as if it was some amazing thing either means you have super low expectations for Green offensively or you are just desperate to praise the kid.

Either way. It's weird.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the funniest things to me is the self proclaimed experts and arm chairs here are now the efficiency or nothing queens. that's the tell all if nothing else works for them. You can obviously play well and the team actually wins. And make no mistake both are true. Then once "expert" looks at the box score. 23 pts off 18 shots. you didn't play that well and my expectations aren't satisfied. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: gtfoh with that nonsense

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps you've failed to read anything I've said due to the tears streaming down your face at the thought of me not worshipping your idol.....but I said his performance met my expectations for me offensively given the level of competition.

I said if he had cut out a few plays where he got tunnel vision and forced things that weren't there that he'd have exceeded expectations.

5. steddinotayto

I think it's part of being...a fan? Based on your posts throughout this summer on all things related to the draft and the rookies, I know you want to be the voice of reason around here but it's okay to get excited about players, especially one that was selected 2nd in the draft. Whether or not Green pans out and becomes an All-Star player (at the very least) is still to be determined. Bringing the mood/vibe down for most of the board after a season of chaos and sucking is kinda...well..kinda unnecessary.

FLASH21 and raining threes like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You realize that this whole temper tantrum by Green fans started because I said Sengun was the standout player of game one right?

That's literally all I said and they are still crying days later.

Apparently praising someone other than Green means I hate him..... see why I say his fans are even worse than the Lin fans?

7. steddinotayto

I guess I missed the genesis of all this. My apologies. I only caught the posts where you downplay Green's performance.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't mean to downplay it, but his performance was pretty much what I expect from him at this level. I was trying to explain my initial comment about why I thought Sengun was the standout performance, not trying to run down what Green did.

When I talked about cutting out those plays where he got tunnel vision and forced things, what I was saying was that had he done that, he could have exceeded my expectations and been the standout over Sengun who was all over the place making an impact everywhere.

It just got quickly dogpiled by crazy fanbois to where the actual conversation was dustorted.

raining threes and steddinotayto like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

To put a cap on this absurd conversation, I ran the numbers. 23 points on 18 shots with one FTA equals a 62.36 TS%. That is not “chucking.” 62+ TS% is incredible efficiency.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

In this world Green=chucking and lacked efficiency. Sengun who was worse in efficiency is considered the stand out

Denovo and Houston77 like this.
  11. Houston77

Supporting Member

Conversely, Sengun’s TS% was .46. Mobley’s was .33.

D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. raining threes

Not all things are created equal when it comes to impacting a game. Both played great and have alot of room to improve. The future is bright. I'm glad Stone drafted these guys and think they can be building blocks for the future as they grow.

13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Absolutely. This wasn’t an attempt to knock Sengun, but rather to emphasize that Green was not “chucking.”

D-rock, YOLO and raining threes like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm obviously. however, you have folks harping one guy about his efficiency who was actually pretty stellar in that category, while calling another the standout when his efficiency was significantly worse. I mean it's pretty obvious there's a lack of consistent logic here. It's not that difficult

FLASH21 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one ever suggested it was.

Reading comprehension failures like this only derail conversations.

Last I checked, Josh Christopher did not score 23 points on 18 shots and Josh Christopher is not Jalen Green.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's completely false.

The goal was to completely tear down Jalen's game in order to tout up his truly preferred prospect, that of this year's 3rd overall pick in the draft. Mobley fanbois didn't get their guy THEREFORE it is their duty to minimize the impact that, not their guy, has made for what should be their favorite team of the league... instead it's still about their favorite player.

Your assumptions are spot on and the troll is just here to **** on any sort of parade fans are trying to enjoy for themselves. It's guaranteed that as soon as Jalen doesn't have such a good (or bad apparently, who knows the difference now) game the goal post will once again be moved and the narrative of Jalen Green SUCKS in comparison to Evan Mobley will begin to regurgitate itself once again within the GARM.

Either way Jalen can't win for losing and the other way around.

YOLO likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't clump all of us in with Bobby.

raining threes, vator and FLASH21 like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for proving my point with this ridiculous confession by projection.

What actually happened does not in any way align with your delusions.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm pretty sure you're one of the few that has NOT met this one game of SL reverence with such toxicity.

Honestly I can say that you're probably the only poster that didn't completely attack any of the other prospects while voicing your reasoning behind drafting Mobley.

I truly respected that on your part. Alas, there were not many that joined your spirited way of conversing each prospect in their own merit.

Really all this fanboy club stuff has gotten out of control and no one wants to step off their f****n high horse... more specifically BobbyTheFake.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  20. Houston77

Supporting Member

Whatever. The point of your “18 shots” rhetoric is apparent.