1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really sure what you expect - he looked really good out there. What else can you take away from one game from a 19 year old?

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, he was decent.....I gave some slight criticism about wasted plays that was the difference between a decent performance and a very good performance and his ridiculous fanbois threw a temper tantrum as if I was running him into the ground.

I've come to expect a certain number of unintelligent screechers, but the knuckle draggers are in rare form today.

I also gave slight criticism of Sengun, but his fans didn't lose their minds..... so yeah it's clearly a Green fanboi problem here.

To be clear, I'm not lumping you in with them, I'm just explaining that the narrative that I "hate" Green, or that I'm running him down in any way is something that exists only in the minds of ridiculous zealots.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hooston fans, I am so hapyyyyyy!!
    [​IMG]

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thank goodness we made the right choice! Yetti

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When neutral NBA analysts who aren't Rocket fans say he had the most impressive showing, where even Piston fans are like "**** did we make a mistake?" and all you can muster up is "he had a decent showing" it shows a future where you will push aside any showings that go against your preconfigured hate for Green.

And to pretend that for the past month you just merely did light criticism of Green when you dragged him down by far the most of anyone here, shows how bad faith if an actor you are.

Green didn't have a perfect game. He shows a lot of room for improvement but saying he merely was decent in his first showing shows that reluctance on your part to give him credit.

6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Sengun, looked 6'10 to me, i seen Sengun and Mobley next to each other many times and Sengun was almost his height, he looked 2 inch shorter, I believe Mobely is 7 feet tall.

7. raining threes

Disagree about Sengun's defensive ability yesterday, he was a force in the middle. Weaver was effusive in his praise of Sengun's defense.

Strongly disagree about keeping Wall around. Unload that massive salary if you get the chance and do it immediately. Augustin can give you what you're asking for.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think maybe what I see as the issue here is that Green's performance has to be weighed against his age and experience. That's what is impressive.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For me, he met expectations given the level of play. If he had cut out those extra plays where he forced it, he'd have exceeded expectations.

That said he had a few moments in defense that exceeded what were very low expectations, so that was nice.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

If you look at what i said it was because i worry it could negatively impact Porter's development having to share the playmaking. That's an emphasis on guard play and Mobley hiding Porter's weaknesses.

You're literally making my case for me...

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Still think Mobley is a seed you feed for a couple years and hope will grow an NBA frame.

Can still discuss in the meanwhile but bigmen lotto picks always a gamble.

clos4life likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

When Green had that game and all you say he is he was "decent" or that he "met expectations" that just shows you are a hater and refuse to give due credit. This is Skip Bayless on Lebron level of hate stop it. Nobody objective will see that game from Green and just say he is decent or that he just met expectations. You expect Green to hit 50% fro. The field and 44% from 3 day 1? Really? What's Steph Curry's 3 pt percentage again? So you expect Green to shoot the 3s like Steph Curry?

How would you describe Mobley's game yesterday? If Green is decent then you should say Mobley played like an absolute trash by comparison and totally failed expectations.

DatRocketFan, Mr.Scary, cbass and 2 others like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Forget about it. You can't change his mind.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

This dude still cant wrap his head around why GLeague is harder than NCAA lmao

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The G league will get stronger in the next few years, as more players join it. There will be fewer retired NBA players. College rules might have to change to make them more adaptable to the NBA.

roslolian, Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm always curious about what people mean by "NBA ready", because that term seems to have lost meanings over the years.

NBA ready used to refer to older, seasoned college players (3-4 years) that have developed their game much more. They also are more physically developed to compete in the NBA. However, their growth potential is considered lower since they are an older rookie.

Green is 19 and Mobley is 20. If Green is more NBA ready than Mobley, doesn't that just mean he is a better player than Mobley? It's not like Green's "NBA ready skill sets" are going to stop improving. Curry came into this league a good 3 point shooter, that skill set only continued to improve to historical levels.

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I’m just glad this won’t turn into a DMO vs. Terrence Jones ****-slinging contest like we had a few years back. Mainly because Mobley isn’t on our team. That craziness and the LOFs was the reason I didn’t make an account on TDS or CF sooner

clos4life, hakeem94 and dkoune like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't. If I were to, I'd say he disappointed, he had some moments on defense, but he had a fairly poor game overall.

Perhaps you have super low expectations for Green offensively, but scoring 23 points on 18 shots in a summer league game does not exceed my expectations for him.

19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

He had a TS% of 61% last year in the G-League. He had a TS% of 65% in the G-League playoffs. In his first NBA Summer game, he had a TS% of 62%.

Whether you like it or not, those are elite efficiency numbers. Those are Harden numbers.

He's been an elite efficiency guy at every level that he's played. That's very unusual for a young scorer. Do you realize how many scorers can maintain that type of efficiency? It's only a handful in the entire league.

As long as he's posting that type of crazy efficiency I wouldn't worry about his shot selection. That is, unless you think he's going to be the most efficient scorer in history and are expecting some crazy high efficiency out of him.

If you don't think that 60%TS is elite efficiency then I'd love to hear your definition.

roslolian likes this.
  20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

So basically, your expectation for him is to be the greatest scorer in history?

Exactly how many shots would he have needed to score 23 pts and meet your expectation?

roslolian and YOLO like this.