1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

Sengun is the basketball of us wish we played. wow. Sengun-Garuba-KJ-Green-KPJ throw a little tate in there, some wood! NOW WE'RE COOKING WITH FIRE ! - 4 starters in 1 draft, the F4 - Go Jump In The Ocean, Cleanse Your Souls!!!

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it was the 80's, everybody would be conditioned to feed the post and he would be a lock for rookie of the year.

As is, he's dependent others to feed him. He will be as good as the team lets him be.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Didn't you say MM was going to be a superstar? Yes, yes you did.

I hope you are right though this time - for sure.

He is a throw back type of player, highly skilled - I hope he can use that to his advantage.

DD

4. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

It was clearly evident that he playes more physical than any of the bigs on either team...Yes the real NBA will be different, but you can definitely tell he’s been playing with grown men regardless of if they were European or not.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Haven’t you been wrong on…EVERYONE?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Kid has a lot of potential for his age. Needs to get bigger and stronger but he will like all bigs needs that adjustment time. He plays really well for his age and size and already was an MVP of a league.... that should scare other players. He has a ridiculous bball IQ on him as well.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't put your curse on any of the kids we got, DD. :D We've seen how it works for year.

Just stay optimistic and refrain from showing your love to any of them. The Rockets success depends on your self-control, man!

8. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

We are not saying he is Jokic 2.0 but this video explains a lot of why we see flashes of Jokic in him.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Wow Jokic really is one of the best passers of all time. Even in summer league he was doing crazy stuff. I don't really see Jokic in Sengun, more cause Alperen utilizes "quicker" post moves kinda like McHale rather than the awkward but effective post moves Jokic uses. He's more of a true post player compared to Jokic who is more of a pocket playmaker.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My son has been in AAU for a few years and I’ve seen them teach it. At least my son has be taught how he is always the PG on the teams.

bmelo and raining threes like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

#41 pick btw. Even back then in Summer League with the limited amount of plays we get to see in the video, he looks like he has by far the highest BBIQ on the court

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Jumping on the Sengun bandwagon. The kid is brilliant. Knows where he needs to be. Very crafty for being so young!

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Will bump this a few years from now.

14. CertifiedTroll

Welp, this take didn’t age well. Lol

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not even close bud - have some hits - Yao Ming, Luis Scola, Harden - and some misses.....probably about average......which is why I don't get excited in Summer league - but get encouraged.....

The mythology that I am always wrong - is a fun theme - when you post too damned much you probably earn it.

DD

16. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Opposing teams are terrified whenever they see Sengod checking into the game.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

18. VoR

VoR Member

This thread has aged like Tom Brady.

19. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Video makes more sense after watching a 2nd game from Sengun. When we compare him to Jokic, it’s more based on a European big, that has good footwork, good vision, disruptive on defense even tho not the most athletic, feel for the game type of similarity. Basically everything that’s was mentioned in the video about Jokic, Alphren displayed during these 2 games...Just saying its a good thing.

Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He just looks so composed. Like a winner who knows how to make the right plays. The best thing for me today was his defensive movement - that is seriously the only major concern about whether he will be able to get time on the court, and he looked good guarding the perimeter, and moving his feet, rotating, and showing verticality.

Oh right, we should have expected all that from a guy who was MVP at 19 years of age in a pro-league. This thread made a great case!!
    No wonder Hollinger had him at 4.

Honestly, if we had traded up to 4 and selected him, would we be MORE excited about his play than we are now?