1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's going to say he isn't offensively polished yet.

Hence why for a number 2 overall pick selection for a team that doesn't have a offensive centerpiece yet, Green was a no brainer because he is a far more certain bet to be a offensive centerpiece than Mobley.

Like I don't doubt that Mobley in the future will be a key piece to a championship contender but that hypothetical contender will already have a go to offensive scorer.

#1101 fchowd0311, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. Rockets4Life13

Doesn't that make him a chucker based on your previous statements? I'm confused

3. dmoneybangbang

I didn’t count how many times but there were more options than pass for a Sengun 3 pointer. Sengun could have merely given it back to Green to reset. Green hit the tough shots so it worked but he had pretty bad tunnel vision in my opinion. I’m not worried about it long term as his NBA career is just starting.

Overall Green looked really good but I was pleasantly surprised by Sengun.

Drift Monkey and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trust whatever you want, but I've watched enough basketball over the decades to see numerous scrubs chuck dozens of shots..... it just takes irrational confidence..... just look at Josh Christopher.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s a great way to explain his psychosis. It’s an “argue game” for him. He just enjoys debating and arguing. He is quite proficient at it as well.

No matter how good Green is he will continue to slide in negative slants on it. Contrarian comments etc etc. I realized what his schtick was after a extended period of reading his d&d takes. It’s rinse and repeat no matter the subject.

Drift Monkey, vator, Amel and 6 others like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Green also should have more assists.

Look, you are about to make me say negative things about Sengun when I really don't want to because he definitely showed really great promise but the difference between Green's output and Sengun's is Sengun's relied on others more than Green. Every shot Green made besides one catch and shoot off a screen play, Green created for himself with the defense squared on him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't paying within his role and it led to chucking.

At this point he's best used as a Clint Capela type offensively....but he tried to do more and it failed.

Of course, I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise.

8. fchowd0311

I know too well his old D&D antics also. He's consistent. I'll give him that.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wasn't Harden consistently in the top 10-15 as far as field goal attempts within 8 feet of the rim - shooting more of those than any other guard in the league?* (Yes, he was.) If Green can do that, I will be happy.

If anything, we were spoiled by how easy Harden could get past his defender and drive to the basket. I hope Green is able to penetrate as much as Harden, but I don't think it's likely.

*The exception would be the year we had Russ

10. fchowd0311

You've watched basketball but Ray Allen played it last time I checked and he's telling me that fans severely underestimate how difficult it is to create a shot attempt in the pros.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm not "making" you do anything, you're just going full fanboi over a decent but not spectacular performance by your draft crush.

That's what is "making" you act so irrationally to someone not sucking off Green and pretending he was amazing. He had some very nice moments, but he also showed some areas he needs to work on.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Actually, going by your logic, it makes him a low IQ chucker, because smart players know their limits and don't take the most shots on their team (and the 2nd most in the game) if they can't make it.

Jalen Green took the most shots for the Rockets, but he was also the most efficient.

There were two players on the Cavs that were much more efficient, but had less shots than Mobley.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's difficult to create good shot attempts, it's not difficult to just chuck the ball in the general direction of the backboard.

14. fchowd0311

Is anyone even saying otherwise?

Drift Monkey and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. fchowd0311

Well good thing in all his pro games Green has a 60% ts and I'm sure you know anything above 60% is considered elite scoring efficiency.

Green never just chucked a shot except for one end of the quarter hoist. All his other shot attempts were controlled attempts.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

I believe also Allen was saying that in context to defending players like Allen Iverson.

Drift Monkey and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Green fanbois are fawning over his decent performance as if he did amazing while acting like I'm dumping on him by pointing out areas he needs to improve and the fact that Sengun was the standout performance of the game.

Crazy kids make me miss Lin fans.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So it was him trying to defend a low efficiency chucker. Props to him for trying I guess.

19. raining threes

The young guys looked great yesterday. I check in and this is what I see. SMDH.

20. fchowd0311

Now I'm hoping Green becomes a annual first team selection just because I know it's going to pain you even though your going to respond with some bs about how of course you'll be happy if he succeeds. You won't and you telling me that isnt going to convince me. Your rhetoric convinced me otherwise.

Drift Monkey likes this.