1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

I take it back I only watched the first 5 minutes

2. Rockets4Life13

I cant believe the Pistons are losing this. They're literally playing their NBA lineup.

3. Rockets4Life13

Scottie Barnes and Jalen Green with the best performances of the top 5 so far. Suggs hasn't played yet.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yea, I know I'm biased but man I'm trying to be objective here but I'm really happy as of right now that Detroit picked Cade.

I know I thought Cade had bigger bust potential out of the top 3, that's just me (I know some will disagree) but I think if Cade can't be a great 1v1 player it's really going to put a cap on his potential...and it hurts more that he's clearly a 6'6 guy so he's not the jumbo playmaking forward-sized PG he was advertised to be.

But maybe I'm just hating.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah Green was aggressive on D.

Couldnt be happier with the pick irrespective of his performance. Just the effort on D and his measurables is a great sign already.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cade might be better than Jalen Green, and has all the tools to get a Chip, but man would you guys like to watch him being so boring? Cluchfans likes boring wins, but Cade is a snoozefest and they aren't winning their game right now..

Cade is too boring for my liking

Green has ROY in the bag since narrative and pure social marketing can get you the award.

swag champs are back!

7. raining threes

And the guy he's guarding on defense.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not as down on Cade as you but yeah, if Cade is only 6'6 then thats a huge as prob cuz he was supposed to play SF. His height was supposed to be his biggest selling point, if he is only 6'6 he gonna be undersized at SF.

Giddey might turn out to be the 2nd best guard in this draft which would be insane. And again affirm how good Presti is at drafting lol.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there you go, rattling the lemon tree again

Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

May not be the 1st time he's used it either.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I had Barnes as my no 3 prospect after Cade and Green. Dude reminds me of a mini Giannis.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

I think Luka Doncic has people looking for the next Luka which is why Cade was a lock for #1 which, atleast I, don't think he should've been.
    Cade at #1 was always a given despite them being very close to each other (the top 3).
    I was always against trading up for Cade. Definitely not what they asked for.

I'm happy we got Green because the narrative for Cade was so strong. Would the narrative have been the same if they knew Cade was 6'6? I personally don't think so.

I don't think Cade has high bust potential. Depends on what you define as a bust i guess. I think his floor is at the very least very good starter.

I've always thought both Green and Mobley have a higher ceiling with Green's being both the highest and the one i trust the most to reach it.

But then again, the first day we got the pick locked down i focused in on Green and was set it had to be him and wouldn't let up.

13. Rockets4Life13

I had Green #1 Barnes #2.

That's just my list - everyone entitled to their own opinions. I was never that high on Cunningham.

With that said, these games still mean nothing tho.

Drift Monkey, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’m pretty sure Olynyk and Grant might be able to top their ball game in their favor

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Giddey looks like he plays the exact same way as Cade except his handle has more pizzazz and personality.

16. Rockets4Life13

Yeah i mean sure but it's as close to the actual NBA lineup as it's going to get in summer league.

Drift Monkey and raining threes like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya that's a bad autocorrect fail.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What are we going to do without smelly kelly

:( Gonna be a long season

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He plays decent defense but you saw several guys today create shooting lanes by dribbling around him at the hoop. They weren’t great looks, but it’s not lost on me that this was happening in Summer League.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

Of course, I just think they will do their thing from the bench to begin the season.
    13 from Sengun coming off the bench will lead to a starting role halfway through the season or earlier .

hakeem94 likes this.