1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

25 years ago today, ClutchFans was born

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 7, 2021.

1. TheresTheDagger

I've been a poster since 2010 and a lurker for much longer but until today, I never knew I shared my birthday with Clutchfans!

How's that for karma! Go Rockets....and thanks Dave for the site. Here's to the next 25 years!

2. jogo

jogo Member

Thanks David for all of your work. Clutchfans is a site I've been posting on since 2003, probably lurked for at least a year before joining.

It's seen me through living in Lubbock, Texas (ugh), finishing graduate school, getting through internship in San Antonio, moving back to Austin (yay), marriage, children, a job I liked then hated, a pandemic.

I've come to the site on Christmas for crying out loud when I had family and fun things to do. Just had to check in and see what people were talking about. Thanks again!

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

August 7 also happens to be the birthdate of Rockets legend Vassillis Spanoulis.

Clutchfans was born on the same day as the TMac of Greece! Talk about yin and yang...

D-rock, DeBeards, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Congrats for not only making the best site on the internet, but sustaining its greatness

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Started lurking early in the Spring of 1999, before the Francis trade. Remember the Mall Guy and Popeye scooping it. Freaked out when the BBS "disappeared" that Fall for awhile, and then reappeared with the new name. For some reason, I lurked for 3 years before I joined. Must be shy! ;-)

Thanks for the ride, @Clutch. May it last a really, really long time.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

THANKS, CLUTCH!

I no longer live in Houston (Vegas now) but I appreciate all your efforts in providing a site where I can enjoy my Rox - no matter my locale!

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So many beautiful memories over those years!

Best sports sites on the internet - well done @Clutch

8. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch for all that you do!

Joined in 2002 when the rockets got the number 1 pick…my how time flies!

I don’t check the board quite as often as I used to but this board has been a steady presence through college, marriage, and kids.

Here’s to 25 more years!

D-rock, Clutch, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Best fan site ever.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I miss those AOL 3.5 in disks back in the day they used to send. I used to delete all those discs and filled them with p*rn. I remember my mom walking into my room once and wondering why I kept so many free aol discs and told me to throw them out because I was turning into a hoarder.
    Clutchfans has been a huge part of my life for 25 years and hopefully for 25 more years!
    Thanks Clutch!

D-rock, Clutch and DeBeards like this.
  11. MONON

MONON Member

Congrats on 25 years, David! I enjoyed Clutch Fans when I lived in Houston and it's really a solice now that I live out here in the hill country in the middle of you-know-who country!

D-rock, Clutch and DeBeards like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

Fixed it for you

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is history. If Clutch wants history go with a winner and put up Rudy for getting into the HOF or bring back the Dream. He got the #2 pick for us. Harden is a punk.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just realized I've spent 2/3 of my life on Clutchfans. Fun fact. My 99'er account was banned for criticizing Hakeem, maybe @Clutch could reinstate and merge :). I mean, it was 15 years ago LOL.

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Started lurking in 99 when I was a wee lad of 17. Now, 21 years later with two kids, two dogs and a mortgage.......damn we're getting old.

16. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

happy silver anniversary has been a rocket fan since Hakeem days..

17. t-dub

t-dub Contributing Member

Congrats on 25 years! Here's to 25 more!

18. Arnaud

Arnaud Member

Congrats on 25 years Clutch, all the way from France !

And thanks to everyone one of you, for making this forum active/interesting/funny ! I feel we've got exciting years ahead of us, looking forward to enjoying the ride on CF.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Great job on the weight loss journey @Clutch - great stuff. This site is "ok" by the way. ;)

D-rock likes this.
  20. payaso

payaso Member

I was lurking during the ClutchCity days... this, and onhoops.com (no longer there) were my daily stops while I was occupying a transient desk out at Maverick Engineering on their screaming ISDN line. :confused: Took my bookmarks and Rockets love to Austin 23 years ago and finally got over my reluctance to create a login during that last Olajuwon playoffs run. Oh yeah - I miss LHutz's bizarre ramblings, and Pippen still SUCKS.
    Still don't know the story on how you got out-bid for the rights to the ClutchCity URL, Dave...

D-rock, jchu14, Clutch and 1 other person like this.