1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trade? Supermaxes can be transferred.

Also 5 years are nothing, it's been almost 2 years since Covid, and it went by like nothing.

The Bucks are lucky that Khris got better but it is extremely hard for them to sustain that kind of production in that kind of market.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean there really isn't much to say he's going anywhere and judging by how much he specifically talked about doing things the hard way over and over and over and all that not going anywhere else stuff, he's a buck in the next 5 years at least. And we've already seen the buck's ownership willing to pay LT to put talent around him

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt that very much unless he sucks it up and stays irrelevant in the next years.

It is almost predictable that the Bucks are not a liquid organization and can only contend like every 2 or 3 years and when most of the superstars are injured.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you doubt what? that he stays a buck for the next 5 years? I mean again I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case

The bucks will be contending every year with him on the team moving forward and be one of the top half of the east easily

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also you won't see the Lebrons or MJs in a quite some time and more Nowitzkis, Kobe lites, Wades and so on.

And nothing wrong with that tbh. Makes the real superstars even more precious.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

See my text below.

I predict the next superstars being a tier below the Lebrons, and people yearn for that kind of talent.

Doncic with all those skills does not possess the freakish strength and athleticism.

Lmao, you missed their sorry excuses of performance in the Bubble and the one before the Bubble.

New York, LA, California and others will soak up all the premium role players.

#106 daywalker02, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This works actually against someone staying. The more he wins, the less inhibition he will have to go somewhere else.

Excessive winning makes complacent and you search for new challenges.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure what any of this even means and what it has to do with the discussion tbh

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I would disagree greatly especially in Giannis's case

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He did say that, but realistically if he can stay healthy and the Lakers fall apart here. Could very much happen, LeBron at 40/41, I'm not sure what kind of player that would be, but he's prove us wrong alot of times.

Was it out of left field for them to trade for Westbrook, certainly? Was it dumb? I honestly cannot say, entirely. Because, considering your two main guys missed a good portion of the season and team almost collapsed out of playoff contention in the last 20 games. They needed to get a player who could alleviate a team without AD, Lebron, or both. To see how effective that is, we have to wait and see.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

and we've seen westbrick doesn't alleviate a team for the past several years so yeah it was pretty dumb. if they're playing without AD or bron or both, the lakers are irrelevant. Those are the two that matter

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Westbrook, Dwert, Ariza, Carmelo…

This is going to be fun!
    [​IMG]

;)

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's all about the playoffs. LeBron and AD will probably sit out a lot in the regular season to preserve their health. I think they are thinking Westbrook can keep them competitive for a playoffs berth. Say what you want about him, he is capable of doing that as long as LeBron and KD can play about half of the season each. Once the playoffs starts, it's all about LeBron and KD and Westbrook is pretty much irrelevant.

Is that a good strategy? I don't know. They have to think of something to lessen LeBron's load in the regular season. And they can't rely on AD's fragile body.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

is he? He couldn't even get the wizards to be a 500 team in the east. so people are expecting him to do better in the stacked west? strange

agree it's all about the playoffs. And still Lebron and AD. Either one goes down they're done.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Their depth is incredibly shaky

Westbrook / Nunn
    Ellington / Bazemore / Monk
    Ariza / Horton-Tucker
    James / Melo
    Davis / Gasol / Howard

That's a ton of guys you can't rely upon apon to play heavy minutes. They are banking on the old men staying healthy, and good... then the guys like Monk/Nunn/THT taking big steps, being reliable on D in the playoffs. Those last 3 spots have to be filled with bangers, I don't get why they let AC walk.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Is this a retirement home?

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He played like crap the first two months or so and they were in a big hole, like 3-12. Then he started playing well and they started winning and made the playoffs.

They don't need him to be great all the time. He just needs to have a few of those super spurts when the other two starts take a break. C'mon, I don't like his game. But you sound like he's some useless scrub.

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Unless they’re willing to bench russ come playoff time, anything positive he does in the regular season is irrelevant because he kills them come playoff time

IvanLCPM likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's the risk they take. Maybe LeBron can keep him in check. I hope not. :D