1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Rockets select Jalen Green with #2 overall pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 29, 2021.

?

Do you like the selection of Jalen Green?

1. YES

88.8%
  2. NO

11.2%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m sorry, I do not know who that is on the right. Never seen that gentleman before in my life.

Drift Monkey, D-rock and Denovo like this.
  7. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’ve never heard of that organization before either.. what’s that thing on the helmet?

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

ive never heard of that activity before. is that a sport? what is that egg he's holding?

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

I just rewatched a bunch of full games of the ignite, man that team was a mess, everyone trying to showcase themselves. Jarret jack and Bobby brown was their pg never saw a shot they didn't like instead of properly running the team. Feel bad for Jalen. I did see why his scoring was so efficient though. They had him parked in the corner almost as a 3 and d role, seems like they ran way more iso and bailouts with kuminga which is why his %s were so low.

Assuming the Rockets run more offense through him I think his efficiency will come down. His stroke looks good im not worried about his 3. The times they did run pnr with him he was a willing passer to the big but never made any next level reads or skip passes. His defense was bad, but he gives effort. My biggest concern with him is size, he looks small on the court but my eyes may be lying to me, also as athletic as he is he contorts to avoid contact instead embracing it to draw the foul.

I think impact on winning Mobley is > green right now and it's not close. But as with all young players it's about how they develop themselves going forward and how much they improve. The tools and potential is there for green, he's a Rocket now so I'm going to close that debate and just root for him.

StevieCrossover and xaos like this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Member

I have no problem with House keeping his number. Whether you are picked #2 or #42 you are still a rookie.

groovemachine likes this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

their build is very similar the shorts also lol.

I’m pretty sure MJ cane into the NBA around 180lbs And 6’6.

That bump and turnaround jumper midrange he had in the summer league game tonight is were I really see the MJ in his game the spin and how square he gets before he Jumps in the air to take the shot he even bends his knees on his jump shot like Jordan. It’s cool to watch Forsure.

he def has new era game with his three point shooting and step backs. And he’s pretty impressive so far in his GLeague season and this game but I hope the rockets don’t turn him into threes or in the paint like that did Harden.

Harden came with the midrange to Houston and every season he was here it was less and less till it was non existent.

the only thing i wonder about green is can he get to the FT line like Kobe and Jordan did.

he’s scoring and handle is very tight and similar as is their builds. Very excited to watch this young man. Haven’t had a young too pick since Yao and that I as almost 20 years ago.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I wanted to be the No. 1 pick, but as for the location, I didn't want to be in Detroit,” Green told Yahoo Sports. “I felt a lot more comfortable in Houston. It felt like a real homie environment. With Detroit, it felt like I was just going back to the G League bubble, and I just got out of the bubble. That’s pretty much what it was.

“In the [G League] bubble, I didn’t really have anything to do but just stay in the gym. I didn’t have any time to get away for myself. The only time I had to get away for myself was in my apartment. That’s what it felt like in Detroit. I wouldn’t be stepping outside in Detroit. There are not many things you can do in Detroit like that. You’re going to stay in the gym and then go back to your apartment.”

[…]

“Every time I step on the floor, I always think that I have something to prove to whoever is in those stands,” Green told Yahoo Sports. “There are a lot of people who will hate on me, have their opinions about me whether I do good or bad. I’m just thinking about that when I step on the floor. I’m going to prove everybody wrong.”

[…]

The high-jumping 6-foot-5 guard is ready for the 2021-22 season. Having dominated summer league, his sights are set for his next accomplishment: Rookie of the Year.

“I need it. I feel like I’m the best player in the class,” Green told Yahoo Sports. “I didn’t go No. 1, so I’m going to go get the Rookie of the Year.”

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Oh boy... Piston fans are forever going to hate Green. He better deliver. Green has made himself public enemy number 1 in Detroit.

Some of these comments kinda have me worried a little in the sense he's trying really hard to create an image than just working really hard on his game and that image coming naturally.

Him trashing talking on the court like Kobe or MJ I'm down with. But this might be going over the top.

The more he trash talks like this the harder the fall will be if he doesn't pan out.

#376 fchowd0311, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  17. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Lmao **** em!

King1, don grahamleone and xaos like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He will fit right in as a Houston sports icon then.

#HTownVsTheWorld

cmoak1982, D-rock and xaos like this.
  19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

LOL. Jalen is going to be number 1 most hated player for Piston fans. Talk your **** as long as you can back it up. Makes the league more exciting

i3artow i3aller, King1 and xaos like this.
  20. King1

King1 Member

Exactly