1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Effortless

vator likes this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Number Zero? Man the #2 pick should have some immediate clout - dump this bum like yesterday Stone! The hell you waiting for

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's weird. I really did think he's African American.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

On SiriusXM, I heard Ira Winderman say they had jokingly nicknamed Omer Yurtseven "Turk Nowitzki" and was looking around for some info on him when I came across this tweet. LOL :

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Anybody know why Garuba isn’t on the summer roster? I suppose he can’t play on the team until his buyout is negotiated? What is the status there?

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

He just finished the Olympics in Tokyo. I would imagine he’d be subjected to COVID protocols. I wonder how long it takes to get cleared. Just a guess.

King1, Trackwell and D-rock like this.
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I really don't see it if he's playing the 3. At his size/build, "special" is KD, he aint KD. If he does end up being special, it'll be as a 4/5 more than a wing from everything I've seen. None of his wing/guard skills are impressive compared to actual wings/guards. Those skills are great compared to other bigs though, that's where he stands out. Amongst wings he's just an underskilled, very tall defender.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

Thank you.

Mobley as a 3 is just comical. People really haven't a clue. He's an athletic 7 footer that doesn't trip over his own feet. HE AINT KD. We need to reel back the special talk

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stop acting like you know where his skills are going to peak.

Mobley is POSITIONLESS right now, at 7 feet tall.

All the Mobley haters simply fail to grasp this.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Are you actually joking? He's a big. He could not remotely compete as any form of guard, and he'd struggle against NBA starter wings both on skill and on speed/agility. He may develop those skills one day, he does not remotely have them at an NBA level right now. The only similarity to Durant is his height, put him at the 3 spot against actual NBA wings and he's not going to keep up, not yet, and probably not for a long time. He can defend them, he can not beat them on offense with his current skill level.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. varughese.arun

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kidding.
    "He's passing"......ah, never mind.

ico4498, D-rock and txtodd like this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I was struggling with a comp at first 2 but then I found 1 that's a lot easier to visualize. Just imagine Siakam 2 inches taller. Not the fastest or most agile guy but at that size it's a big advantage. I don't really see anything Siakam can do that Mobley cant.

18. fattz

fattz Member

He is waiting for a pick in next year’s draft. We need to raise House’s value by making him one of our opening day starter. Same should be done with Wall & Gordon. Time is on our side.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Which again, would make him a big. Not the wing/3 that everybody keeps claiming he'll be. As a big his skills set him apart as different or the "unicorn" tag people love so much. As a 3, he's just not good enough to make the vast majority of NBA rotations. That's not his skill set, and his "advanced guard skills" (lol) that were heavily touted are really just "advanced ballhandling skills FOR A BIG" which is a massive difference, especially if you want to play a 7 footer against NBA wings on the offensive end. He's a career steal performance waiting to happen.

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Siakam initiates a lot of his offense from the perimeter. He plays the 3 sometimes when they roll out big lineups. Functionally, he acts much more like a big wing than a real big. Here's another comp closer to home: I absolutely love him but there's absolutely nothing Jaesean Tate can do that Mobley can't. I bet Mobley can beat him in a straight up foot race. Probably has better passing and handles too.

D-rock likes this.