1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pelicans sign Devonte’ Graham (4 years, $47m)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well first of all here is Zion talking about his bff Lonzo:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...agency-i-hope-he-stays-with-pelicans.amp.html

Zion might also be saying Alrighty Then as he packs his bags for NYC esp since his family already wants him gone from there.

Secondly is Davonte Graham a top 10 3 pt shooter? I wouldnt know cuz Lonzo had a higher 3 pt shot % than him last season, and Lonzo's 3 pt shot % last last season is the same as Graham's 3 pt shot last season.

Third you are right, Pels wanted the ball out of Lonzo's hands. Which is dumb AF Zion is best used as a finisher not a ball handler. Lonzo aint exactly a shoot first pg, he is more of a facilitator and off the ball 3 pt shooter on offense. How is Zion getting delayed by Lonzo out there making the offense run better? Zion's assists went from 2 to 3 when SVG took the ball from Lonzo, Zion ain't exactly a playmaker at this stage of his career.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  2. Milos

Milos Member

Give em to Seattle

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

First of all, as toxic as the situation when Harden was still here, once he was gone, other players had not talk sh't about him either. So whatever BFF craps you had read, it means jack.

Secondly, if you try to argue Lonzo is a better 3 point shooter than Graham, just stop. Next time wait till Lonzo will attend the all star 3 point contest, then you can hit the reply button again.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Would we ever expect otherwise

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who gives a F about the all star 3 pt contest? I care about their performance in actual games not a freaking 3 pt contest. Why do you think Steph Curry is called the greatest shooter in history? It's not because of his all star 3 pt contest results, thats for sure. Just admit it you had no clue Lonzo remade his shot since his rookie days.

Zion's family is already unhappy with the fact that Pels are still a lotto team and not winning games while Ja Morant and RJ are going to the playoffs. Cutting corners and letting his bff walk away in free agency for a cheaper replacement doesnt serve as encouragement for him to stay.

Harden? So many players talked **** after he left so you clearly had no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...ted-by-problematic-star-centered-culture/amp/

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You clearly can't understand simple logic.

All star game and all star 3 point contest are both meaningless, but being SELECTED as an all star or INVITED for the contest is a totally different thing.

Name one player will not care about being an all star, they have clause on their contract to make more money because of this.

Its not about the contest, it is about the reconigtion.

Did they ever invite Draymond Green to the 3 point contest? Did you know that he actually had a higher 3 point % than Lonzo last season in one year of his career?

7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Seattle Pelicans :D

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all Davonte Graham isnt an all star either so that's irrelevant. You are the one who cant understand basic logic when you go to bball reference to look at 3 pt percentages do they put a disclaimer whether a dude got invited to the all star 3 pt contest or not? Just admit your argument is dumb AF. How many 3 pt contest wins does Steph Curry have? Literally the undisputed 3 pt shooter in history has 1 less win than Craig Hodges.

Secondly who cares if Draymond shot better than Lonzo that one time? What's important is today, and last season Lonzo has shot better than Davonte Graham. The previous season, Lonzo shot the same percentage and Davonte Graham. Whether or not Lonzo has an invite to the all star 3 pt contest is irrelevant, thats not some sort of certification do you even know the mechanics for getting an invite? Just stfu.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

of note both players shoot similar volume of here’s as well. Draymonds one good year was less than half their volume. Lonzo as actually become a solid shooter for sure.

on paper losing lonzo for graham makes no sense. I get it wasn’t their original plan.

but I guess at least let’s see it live. I’m also not in love with Zion the point forward but then as amazing as he is I’m not sure what “position” makes the most sense for him.

also didn’t they draft Trey Murphy? Seems like a solid get plus Jonas is a nice add.

It’s just this PG move I don’t love. Getting Lowry would have been great for them.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but the problem is it sends the wrong signal that the NO owner doesnt wanna spend. Its not like Lonzo is Ariza, 20M for him is very reasonable considering his improved 3 pt shot, defense and playmaking.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

im with you. But for whatever reason it seems like lonzo really wanted out, NO was either aware of that or aware and agreed.

which is all fine except the replacement plan of Devonte Graham isn’t that inspiring imo.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Man, i haven't used "whose" in forever. I used it incorrectly here. Didn't i? In that sentence, who's should apply? Never trust a GM "who is/who's" only known from....
    If i said "Never trust a GM whose job was done by LeBron." That's right. They said you get wiser with age, but i've nearly forgotten everything i ever learned from my school days. Thankfully i haven't had any kids to make me feel even more low IQ when i can't even answer her 3rd grade questions.
    -Random
    -Pelicans still suck
    -Utah stole the Jazz name/Give it back to NO/Fold Utah
    -Utah has a national park named Zion
    -Zion to Utah confirmed
    -Zion unwelcome in Utah due to black quota filled
    -Zion to NY according to media
    -Zion to LA confirmed

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Zion's family can cry all they want. Morant is more durable.